• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 10| LACES OUT

cdyhybrid

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 4
Auburn @ Arkansas by 6
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 7
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 4
Wake Forest @ Syracuse by 4
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 4
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 4
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 7
Miami @ Florida State by 12

Jhriad

Just curious for some thoughts but who do you guys think would be the best coaching hires available this year or next? A lot of the guys I liked in recent history have recently found jobs so I'm having a hard time putting together a lengthy list in my head. I think Scott Frost would like to come back but he doesn't have enough experience under his belt to nab the HC position (after Cally & Bo they're going with someone that has a proven track record in CFB) and I have some doubts if he'd be willing to make the move as OC.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just curious for some thoughts but who do you guys think would be the best coaching hires available this year or next? A lot of the guys I liked in recent history have recently found jobs so I'm having a hard time putting together a lengthy list in my head. I think Scott Frost would like to come back but he doesn't have enough experience under his belt to nab the HC position (after Cally & Bo they're going with someone that has a proven track record in CFB) and I have some doubts if he'd be willing to make the move as OC.

Saban is the obvious choice. That will be a huge get for Texas.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So are Duke football fans by and large bandwagon Duke basketball fans that don't have anyone else to root for in CFB?

Outside of a few diehards like me, pretty much. Most Duke BBall fans have another team for, including students and when you really look at it, its not their fault. The university had abandoned the program to irrelevancy for the better part of 20 years. Unless you're the Chicago cubs, if you're a historically poor team, you don't get a strong fan following. There hasn't been much in the way of football tradition at Duke since Bill Murray was coach so now you're talking 50 years of mostly suckage, with a blip of relevance with Spurrier and Goldsmith.

Now Cutcliffe is hoping to change that and its even harder than it was years ago. The diehards are looking for anyone to blame, especially the students, who can't be bothered to show up. It is frustrating that this team is a bit better than last year, but attendance is still down. I don't think scapegoating kids because of their ethnicity or family background is the way to go.

UNL would be stupid to fire Bo this year. Wait it out one more year when big name jobs wont be available and you can pull a better candidate.

I think Chad Morris would be smart hire, not at a top-tier school, but at most other schools. He can prove himself there and then go to a big top-tier school. I think he'll leave Clemson this year too if an offer comes along. If they had beaten FSU and gone all the way I think he'd be gone for sure. That might still happen if they go to a BCS bowl as an at-large.

h1nch

Note to all college teams that are forced to endure a weather delay:

@Gil_Brandt said:
Texas players ate chkn fingers during 3-hr delay in win vs TCU. Didn't eat anything during weather delay in loss to BYU. #lessonlearned

pxleyes

Banned
New Cocktail Party logo.

dmFYXqz.jpg

'meh'

That bridge is a bitch. Insanely narrow, loud as all hell.

edit: Bigger

cdyhybrid

Ex-Duck football player goes to an Oregon game for the first time as a fan

I, for the first time, attended a ducks game as spectator. I was excited to experience tailgating, cheering, and being with friends, rather than the seriousness that comes with preparing for a game. My buddy, whom I had given tickets to all throughout my time as a player, decided he wanted to pay me back and offer me tickets in corner end-zone seats as a regular fan. I accepted his offer with enthusiasm.

We enjoyed seeing friends, shaking hands, and sharing drinks with fellow supporters.

My friend and I took our seats where I soon became acquainted with the most ignorant people in all of college football.

20121020_gav_al2_248.0_standard_352.0.jpg

cdyhybrid

I have not been to a sporting event outside of Columbus that doesn't sound exactly like that.

Edit: also sounds like me during your typical Browns game. I'm a terrible fan.

The Browns are the Browns, though, so bitching about their play is reasonable. Oregon might be the best team in the country and have been one of the top 5 programs in football over the last decade. Nike U fans are spoiled.

jjasper

Some good news for Tennessee:

zKi4dWs.png

It really is. Things went to complete shit with Dooley and Kiffin. People were convinced we were fucked.

Also apparently Worley torn ligaments in his hand. Sucks for him I doubt he will ever play a meaningful snap again.

Balphon

The Browns are the Browns, though, so bitching about their play is reasonable. Oregon might be the best team in the country and have been one of the top 5 programs in football over the last decade. Nike U fans are spoiled.

You're more right than I want to admit.

Damn you.

cashman

Banned
GAF Pick'em Week 10 Games

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 7
Auburn @ Arkansas by 21
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 6
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 8
Georgia @ Florida by 10
Northwestern @ Nebraska by 5
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 6
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 4
Miami @ Florida State by 10

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I honestly can't tell if you guys know that isn't from LSU. Some funny analogues between the two though, the acronym of the Loughborough Student Union and all the purple.

GAF Pick'em Week 10 Games

(FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 4
Auburn @ Arkansas by 4
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 10
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 4
North Carolina @ NC State by 7
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 4
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 7
Miami @ Florida State by 14

I honestly can't tell if you guys know that isn't from LSU. Some funny analogues between the two though, the acronym of the Loughborough Student Union and all the purple.

very good point, and now I feel dumb. I suppose subconsciously I assumed for a video like this, LSU's PR department used all of their token foreign exchange students to do this silly video to showcase diversity. But now that I think about it, they were all british sounding. Not even a single Cajun accent!

bachikarn

FRI) USC @ Oregon State by 4
Auburn @ Arkansas by 17
Wisconsin @ Iowa by 4
Virginia Tech @ Boston College by 7
Georgia @ Florida by 4
Michigan @ Michigan State by 7
Pittsburgh @ Georgia Tech by 7
Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech by 4
Miami @ Florida State by 17

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
very good point, and now I feel dumb. I suppose subconsciously I assumed for a video like this, LSU's PR department used all of their token foreign exchange students to do this silly video to showcase diversity. But now that I think about it, they were all british sounding. Not even a single Cajun accent!

Funny story, there is no such thing as a cajun accent, it is just a southern accent with twice as much chew in the cheek.

Jhriad

UNL would be stupid to fire Bo this year. Wait it out one more year when big name jobs wont be available and you can pull a better candidate.

If we lose more than one or two more games he's either got to clean house with his staff (which talk says he'd be pretty unwilling to do) or he's gone. A lot of big name boosters happened to fly out for the Minnesota game. The wallet men aren't pleased.

You joke but he was born in Nebraska and his father was part of the staff for quite a while. I think you all would soon hear about me perched somewhere on campus with a rifle looking for Laney-poo. Anything to spare us that horror.

Piggus

I've been going to home games since I was three years old and have never had an experience like that. There are a couple guys a few rows behind us that are dumber than bricks but that's about it. Then again our seats are in a spot where pretty much everyone is a season ticket holder.

I can assure you that some of the UDUB fans that show up aren't much better. You guys could learn a thing or two from your buddies in Pullman.

cdyhybrid

I can assure you that some of the UDUB fans that show up aren't much better. You guys could learn a thing or two from your buddies in Pullman.

You've clearly never been around them at the Apple Cup.

Oh, and they also threw ice at one of our players as he was getting carted off the field after breaking his leg.

Top Bottom