• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

Meyer on OSU and their BCS chances:

"Without spending much time on it, because it's not fair to our team for me to spend much time on it, I will say this -- I think it's a flawed system," Meyer said Monday. "But when you logically think about what the BCS people have done, and which obviously we're all part of, I think it was great for a while. I think you take an imperfect system and you do the best you can without hosting a playoff."

I can translate that for everyone - "The current BCS system worked great when I was in the SEC but this kind of totally blows now that I am not."

You almost don't even have to translate that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
georgia-coaches-react-to-auburn-hail-mary.gif

Georgia reacts to Auburn's hail mary. It's like that Simpson's episode where Bart slo-mos the exact instance where Lisa broke Ralph Wiggum's heart.

Been trying to find Richt on this, is that him up near the ref, already on the ground?

Mark Richt has lost control of his legs.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Been trying to find Richt on this, is that him up near the ref, already on the ground?

Mark Richt has lost control of his legs.

I think at this point in the game Richt had already left the field and was busy adding Penn Wagers' name to a list.

I6qwV2K.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I would have thought it be talked about more, but Georgia has played at Auburn 2 consecutive years in a row. This game should have been @ UGA.

Thanks Mizzou/A&M.

So apparently the meetings Jevon Tyree was "excluded" from at Rutgers he wasn't supposed to be included in. They were for only True Freshman defensive players.

ag-my001

I would have thought it be talked about more, but Georgia has played at Auburn 2 consecutive years in a row. This game should have been @ UGA.

Thanks Mizzou/A&M.

A&M played at Ole Miss both years. This will only get messier with a 9-game schedule, even though it needs to happen for cross-divisional fairness.

Draxal

So apparently the meetings Jevon Tyree was "excluded" from at Rutgers he wasn't supposed to be included in. They were for only True Freshman defensive players.

Duggan said that Thomas said Tyree was excluded from some meetings but since ... Thomas had a position switch ....

Duggan said that Thomas said Tyree was excluded from some meetings but since ... Thomas had a position switch ....

Thomas was allowed in those newcomer meetings because he was new to playing defense this year since he played WR the year prior.

Duggan just seems to be throwing everything against the wall and sees what sticks.

Apparently Blacknall and Hilliman will be the next decommits.

You got to right the ship, I'd fire Flood and Cohen after the UCF game, win or loss.

Draxal

Thomas was allowed in those newcomer meetings because he was new to playing defense this year since he played WR the year prior.

Duggan just seems to be throwing everything against the wall and sees what sticks.

Apparently Blacknall and Hilliman will be the next decommits.

You got to right the ship, I'd fire Flood and Cohen after the UCF game, win or loss.

FWIW no recruits names have been mentioned that I saw. And yeah I was trying to imply Thomas was going to the newcomer meetings.

Pimpwerx

Whoever does the new thread, please put this in the OP

4vf9z.gif

It's funny listening to local radio today, as Canes fans have come crashing back down to earth. They went from, "We got some Canes over here!" and "We invented $WAG!" to...well...that gif. The realization that they're now hoping for Duke to lose has totally sunk in. Now they're joining me in football hell, with both the Phins and Gators on a treadmill of suck. PEACE.

Jamesways

Meyer on OSU and their BCS chances:

"Without spending much time on it, because it's not fair to our team for me to spend much time on it, I will say this -- I think it's a flawed system," Meyer said Monday. "But when you logically think about what the BCS people have done, and which obviously we're all part of, I think it was great for a while. I think you take an imperfect system and you do the best you can without hosting a playoff."

I can translate that for everyone - "The current BCS system worked great when I was in the SEC but this kind of totally blows now that I am not."

The only logical solution isn't a playoff system, it's to move tOSU to the SEC!

Luicci and Duggan are both affiliated with NJ.com (Luicci through the Ledger). When luicci basically calls out a coworker as unprofessional in an interview with the head coach you know something is up.

Look I want Flood gone because he can't recruit and can't coach. But this was a complete TMZ scam by NJ.com.

Player says one thing. Coach says the other.

Flood doesn't have my trust, why should I trust him over the player? What proof is there that the player is the one who is lying?

Enfinit

Well great, now ESPN is talking about Baylor jumping FSU.
There's no way that happens unless we lose. There's too much separation in the decimal system for them to catch up in two-three games. We'd have to lose, or narrowly win both while Baylor wins 100-0 every game for them to even have a chance.

Draxal

That's not proof.

That's just a verbal statement.

There's no proof proof provided yet, I'll give you that. But when you have Walker stating what he stated; and I think it would be incredibly easy for Thomas to backtrack on his words.

When all the regular beat writers including from the same org (Luicci) are just basically bashing Duggan, you know something is wrong. I'll be you Duggan didn't even properly source Thomas at this point.

scurker

Thanks Mizzou/A&M.

I'm actually kind of with you. Auburn has to play back to back away games with Georgia/Alabama every other year now. That's a tough act to end the year with.

AntoneM

A&M played at Ole Miss both years. This will only get messier with a 9-game schedule, even though it needs to happen for cross-divisional fairness.

I'm gonna love the fuck out of that, no more 2-6 SEC conference teams being bowl eligible . Gonna be some hard realities.

line: Baylor -9.5 points against OSU

I have a gut feeling OSU wins it in Stilwater. We saw Baylor get off to a slow start v. Tech, but they were able to get back in it once they took advantage of Tech's depleted defense. If they get off to a slow start v. OSU I don't see them coming back.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
line: Baylor -9.5 points against OSU

I have a gut feeling OSU wins it in Stilwater. We saw Baylor get off to a slow start v. Tech, but they were able to get back in it once they took advantage of Tech's depleted defense. If they get off to a slow start v. OSU I don't see them coming back.

OkSt is totally beating Baylor at home.

cdyhybrid

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 4m
4-star DB Jaleel Wadood. Been a rough couple of months for #Cal MT @OGLeel_2 I have just decommitted from California Berkeley

Poor Cal. He says he'll choose between USC and UCLA.

Yeah, just saw that on Twitter. He won't be the last to decommit.

Cal's a 30+ point underdog in the Big Game this Saturday, too. Fun times.

I think this truly is the worst season to be a Cal Bear. At least as long as I've been here. They will more than likely finish the year without a single FBS win.

Football-wise it's probably a wash between the two seasons, but the downward trend by a new coaching staff that's under contract for a while combined with the burden of trying to pay off the stadium debt makes this a worse situation in my eyes.

Top Bottom