• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

Kacar

Stanford is still 9 what the hell.

Baylor will pass us if they win. But we would past them back over if Wiscy and MSU keep winning and we beat MSU.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
board.gif

andycapps

I suppose it was inevitable that Auburn life-longs would show up after the Georgia game.

I'm so glad I don't live in Georgia today. So many "lifelongs" would be coming out of the woodwork today.

Hey at least I got my pick right on the game on Saturday!

Coach Flood lies, players are apparently nonplussed (ooh that's a big word for ya Julie)

When Rutgers football coach Kyle Flood told reporters on Oct. 15 that cornerback Ian Thomas was leaving the team to pursue a baseball career, it surprised everyone. The person most surprised by Flood's announcement? Thomas.

"I was shocked," Thomas told NJ.com "I don't know where (Flood) got that from.
I don't know why he would put that out there like that, but it's definitely not
true."

I think that's all that needs to be said about Kyle Flood. I think any one of us here could do a better job of coaching than him. He may be the most incompetent head coach I've ever witnessed. And yes, that includes Terry Shea.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm so glad I don't live in Georgia today. So many "lifelongs" would be coming out of the woodwork today.

Hey at least I got my pick right on the game on Saturday!

hey, you aren't dead!

Well, you've got that going for you at least.

Schmitty

Didn't get to watch much football this weekend. Got home and turned was flipping through the channels to check what was going on. Ended up on Georgia up against Auburn with a minute left on 4th and 18.

I was happy it seemed that I made the right call for the pick em. That all changed so quickly.

andycapps

hey, you aren't dead!

Well, you've got that going for you at least.

Yeah I've got nothing much to say after that game. Frustrating game for many reasons. Defense was stale and boring the first half and got exploited, looked better in the second half until they inexplicably tried to intercept the Hail Mary instead of batting it down. That either says these guys weren't coached on what to do or they ignored it. Though I think Harvey Clemons was trying to bat it down and Matthews was going for the interception. Either way, fucking thing fucking sucks.

Grantham is probably done after this year, as is our secondary coach. Our DL is the one good thing on defense right now, so Chris Wilson is probably safe. I think Richt may be thinking Grantham is done too. Was asked about his level of satisfaction with his defensive staff, and his answer was that they're a team and that they win together and lose together.

Also Penn Wagers can suck a dick. I've hated him for years, and I knew as soon as he was calling the game that we'd lose. It would be close anyway, but any borderline calls would go against us and phantom, made up penalties against us would occur. So many missed holding calls on Auburn. Fucked us over on this fumble recovery that led to Richt getting an uncharacteristic unsportsmanlike conduct. And for Richt to argue that vehemently, he knew he was right. Led to a TD for Auburn. Also, this.

JHC+fumble+recovery.jpg

Limedust

Jared Lorenzen would be so proud.

A moment of silence for the poor soul laying broken on the ground. Will he ever play the piano again? The look of awe/horror on #43 in the background. Also... #3 trying to figure out which way to jump the hell out of the way.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Followed by...

I hate AU guys calling Hail Mary Karma for Murray's "Probably not in" Touchdown, when that was Karma for this miss call on the fumble. Just miserable. Tie goes to the offense in cases of catching the ball together, not fumble recoveries. UGA's player was in clear majority of possession. This is Green Bay/Seattle Scrub Ref league.

mre

I hate AU guys calling Hail Mary Karma for Murray's "Probably not in" Touchdown, when that was Karma for this miss call on the fumble. Just miserable. Tie goes to the offense in cases of catching the ball together, not fumble recoveries. UGA's player was in clear majority of possession. This is Green Bay/Seattle Scrub Ref league.
Actually, that's not true. Rule 7-2-2(b):
When a backward pass or fumble is caught or recovered simultaneously by opposing players, the ball becomes dead and belongs to the team last in possession.

Draxal

Thank goodness for the BCS race. It's keeping the Rutgers Kyle Flood implosion out of the limelight.

Apparently, Flood came out swinging today at the new NJ.hire who reported it. I'm wondering if he will hav e his press credentials pulled as even Luicii thought what he did was scumbaggy.

andycapps

Actually, that's not true. Rule 7-2-2(b):

That wasn't what happened. Harvey-Clemons was on top of the ball and then the Auburn guy reached in there. Penn Wagers then looked at the picture I posted before and tapped the Auburn player on the head signifying possession. And that's when Richt said "That's crap" a few times, Penn Wagers came over and argued with him a second, he walks away, Richt turns to the sideline judge and says it's crap again and Wagers comes back over and throws a flag.

Besides Karma would never favor Auburn. We all know that. Everyone is out to get them, PAWWWWLLL.

andycapps

The Georgia/Georgia Tech game will be at 3:30 on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. So basically, the only people watching will be their respective fans since the Iron Bowl is on at the same time.

Oh, and Aaron Murray wants a blackout this weekend, and a lot of fans are supporting it. My thinking is if he wants it, let him have it. He's played his ass off this year, despite being let down by the defense and so many players being injured. While I'm not a huge fan of it, if they're doing it for the seniors at their last home game, I'm okay with that.

The Georgia/Georgia Tech game will be at 3:30 on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. So basically, the only people watching will be their respective fans since the Iron Bowl is on at the same time.

Oh, and Aaron Murray wants a blackout this weekend, and a lot of fans are supporting it. My thinking is if he wants it, let him have it. He's played his ass off this year, despite being let down by the defense and so many players being injured. While I'm not a huge fan of it, if they're doing it for the seniors at their last home game, I'm okay with that.

Dont let the other UGA fan on here see youre saying positive things about Murray.

andycapps

Dont let the other UGA fan on here see youre saying positive things about Murray.

Couldn't care less. He's not responsible for giving up 30.2 PPG on defense. The game has changed such that we're not going to see dominant defenses like we used to, and we have a lot of young players, but that doesn't take anything away from what Murray has done this year and over his career. One of the best UGA quarterbacks ever.

Apparently, Flood came out swinging today at the new NJ.hire who reported it. I'm wondering if he will hav e his press credentials pulled as even Luicii thought what he did was scumbaggy.

While that reporter should have gotten a comment from Flood, I don't exactly trust that Flood is telling us the truth.

This is a he-said she-said with both sides being stupid enough to not have proof. This is the first lesson I learned in the working world: Always keep records of conversations that are purely business related. Always send an e-mail to the person after you have a conversation with them to "summarize" (put on paper) the conversation. That way if shit hits the fan, they can't put the blame on you.

If you don't keep records, then it comes down to who is the best liar. Or, if you're me, fire both parties.

mre

georgia-coaches-react-to-auburn-hail-mary.gif

Georgia reacts to Auburn's hail mary. It's like that Simpson's episode where Bart slo-mos the exact instance where Lisa broke Ralph Wiggum's heart.

Draxal

While that reporter should have gotten a comment from Flood, I don't exactly trust that Flood is telling us the truth.

This is a he-said she-said with both sides being stupid enough to not have proof. This is the first lesson I learned in the working world: Always keep records of conversations that are purely business related. Always send an e-mail to the person after you have a conversation with them to "summarize" (put on paper) the conversation. That way if shit hits the fan, they can't put the blame on you.

If you don't keep records, then it comes down to who is the best liar. Or, if you're me, fire both parties.

Luicci and Duggan are both affiliated with NJ.com (Luicci through the Ledger). When luicci basically calls out a coworker as unprofessional in an interview with the head coach you know something is up.

Look I want Flood gone because he can't recruit and can't coach. But this was a complete TMZ scam by NJ.com.

georgia-coaches-react-to-auburn-hail-mary.gif

Georgia reacts to Auburn's hail mary. It's like that Simpson's episode where Bart slo-mos the exact instance where Lisa broke Ralph Wiggum's heart.

God damn it, trying to watch the catch again, and fucking youtube is down. I expect it for heavy loads on neogaf, but c'mon google, get your shit together.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Meyer on OSU and their BCS chances:

"Without spending much time on it, because it's not fair to our team for me to spend much time on it, I will say this -- I think it's a flawed system," Meyer said Monday. "But when you logically think about what the BCS people have done, and which obviously we're all part of, I think it was great for a while. I think you take an imperfect system and you do the best you can without hosting a playoff."

I can translate that for everyone - "The current BCS system worked great when I was in the SEC but this kind of totally blows now that I am not."

cdyhybrid

I feel like 99% of uniforms look like ass on these Nike models/dummies. I'm generally not a fan of all-whites, but it'll probably look better in motion.

Top Bottom