• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 12| Undefeated when playing (InsertTeamName) football

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Its the ESPN/Media way. Start B1G teams ranked low, then they lose one get knocked out of the polls and they say so and so didnt beat anyone this year.

Oh Lawdy. The world is out to get the poor Big Ten. Heaven help them. Won't somebody think of the children?

Wisconsin's being held back because they haven't beaten anybody. Their best win is against an average BYU team who has beaten Texas but (inexplicably) lost to Virginia. None of the B1G teams they have beaten have a winning conference record. Outside of that, the two decent teams they have faced, Ohio State and Arizona State, have both beaten them.

Edit: if you want to argue that they should be ranked 20th in the BCS (ahead of LSU and Louisville) instead of 22nd, I won't disagree with that. But then, that's right where the "coaches" have them ranked.

KingGondo

Banned
Wisconsin's being held back because they haven't beaten anybody. Their best win is against an average BYU team who has beaten Texas but (inexplicably) lost to Virginia. None of the B1G teams they have beaten have a winning conference record. Outside of that, the two decent teams they have faced, Ohio State and Arizona State, have both beaten them.
To be fair, they more or less beat ASU.

I agree about your overarching point though. The B1G sucks donkey balls.

Oh Lawdy. The world is out to get the poor Big Ten. Heaven help them. Won't somebody think of the children?

Edit: if you want to argue that they should be ranked 20th in the BCS (ahead of LSU and Louisville) instead of 22nd, I won't disagree with that. But then, that's right where the "coaches" have them ranked.

I dont think its unfair or unreasonable to say that MSU and Wiscy have been ranked far lower than they deserve.

I mean, lets be honest guys, their losses they weren't playing Sparty/Wiscy football. So you know

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
What would your choice be?

Georgia v Auburn and Oklahoma State v Texas are both ranked v ranked so I'd go with one of those two.

Probably go with OSU/UT since there's a little more at stake for both teams as that game will likely be deciding the team that challenges Baylor for the conference title (OSU with one conference loss, UT with no conference losses, both teams still have BU on the schedule). Georgia is pretty much out of their race while Auburn has to go through Alabama to even get to the championship game.

I dont think its unfair or unreasonable to say that MSU and Wiscy have been ranked far lower than they deserve.

I mean, lets be honest guys, their losses they weren't playing Sparty/Wiscy football. So you know
Sparty is probably still being dismissed because the offense was absolutely wretched at the start of the season (2 TDs total against W. Michigan and USF). First impressions and all.

I agree about Wisconsin. They've been very consistent for a while and I think they got the treatment where "new coach = they suck now" and aren't getting proxy credit for their last few seasons the way other teas are. Lest we forget they've played Oregon to a 45-38 final in the 2012 Rose Bowl and hung right with Stanford (20-14) in the 2013 Rose Bowl. They're a nice program, just haven't gotten over the proverbial hump.

MSU I have less of an issue with because their offense was really bad in the early-going, and now they're actually ranked reasonably high, so ...

mre

Far below? Far? You're crazy thinking Wisconsin is ranked "far" lower than where they belong. As I said above, move Wisconsin up to #20, and you won't get an argument from me.

You have a far better argument for Michigan State simply because their defense is legit, but Sparty is getting fucked by the computers. Teams ranked higher by the computers than Sparty: NI, FrSU, UCLA, UCF, Oklahoma, Arizona State, Wisconsin. Want to know why? Here are their wins:

Conference:
Michigan (B1G 2-3)
Illinois (B1G 0-5)
Purdue (B1G 0-5)
Indiana (B1G 2-3)
Iowa (B1G 3-3)

Non-Conference:
Western Michigan (1-9)
South Florida (2-6)
Youngstown State (FCS 8-2)

And their loss:
Notre Dame (7-3)

pxleyes

Banned
So is Muschamp gone?

Who would replace him?

How the fuck does Duke have a better record than us?

HOW

mmeImaB.gif

and some of you mocked my picking techniques.

Also, Duke's not beating Miami. I think we have one more regular season win and thats prolly WF

Nah, I think Duke has got this. They're on a hot streak, winning five in a row and they're at home. It would be awesome if Duke won out and made it to the ACC championship game. I'm pulling for you guys!

SABAN TO FLORIDA.
In an unprecedented move, Nick Saban has agreed to become the head coach of both Texas and Florida next year, while also remaining at Alabama. Thus paving the way for a Saban v. Saban SEC Championship Game, as well as a Saban v. Saban match up in the first ever College Football Playoff Championship Game.

Jhriad

Far below? Far? You're crazy thinking Wisconsin is ranked "far" lower than where they belong. As I said above, move Wisconsin up to #20, and you won't get an argument from me.

You have a far better argument for Michigan State simply because their defense is legit, but Sparty is getting fucked by the computers. Teams ranked higher by the computers than Sparty: NI, FrSU, UCLA, UCF, Oklahoma, Arizona State, Wisconsin. Want to know why? Here are their wins:

Conference:
Michigan (B1G 2-3)
Illinois (B1G 0-5)
Purdue (B1G 0-5)
Indiana (B1G 2-3)
Iowa (B1G 3-3)

Non-Conference:
Western Michigan (1-9)
South Florida (2-6)
Youngstown State (FCS 8-2)

And their loss:
Notre Dame (7-3)

Don't worry they'll get a quality win by beating Nebraska. Right?

mre

In an unprecedented move, Nick Saban has agreed to become the head coach of both Texas and Florida next year, while also remaining at Alabama. Thus paving the way for a Saban v. Saban SEC Championship Game, as well as a Saban v. Saban match up in the first ever College Football Playoff Championship Game.

We also play Florida during the regular season next year.
Don't worry they'll get a quality win by beating Nebraska. Right?
It will be by far their best win of the year.

BYU ALSO BEAT GEORGIA TECH!

B1G! B1G! B1G!

STFU SEC/ACC/AAC/BIG 12/PAC-12 HOMER!

WE KNOW YOU ARE JUST SALTY BECAUSE OHIO STATE REJECTED YOUR COLLEGE APPLICATION!

It's always darkest before the dawn. Or so I'm told.

Pretty fucking dark over here.

So is Muschamp gone?

Who would replace him?

How the fuck does Duke have a better record than us?

HOW

I wish I didn't like Muschamp. It was much easier to root for firing Zook.

There's no good candidate to replace him this year. That has as much to do with him getting another year as much as anything.

It will be by far their best win of the year.

I'll be there. Hanging out in T-town and trying not to get Deliverance'd.

If you can survive Knoxville, you can survive Tuscaloosa.

Maybe, but Vol fans are not the same since the end of the Fulmer era. Bama fans have several solid years of success behind them. That's gotta encourage some bandwagon rednecks to come from the outer areas.

mre

Maybe, but Vol fans are not the same since the end of the Fulmer era. Bama fans have several solid years of success behind them. That's gotta encourage some bandwagon rednecks to come from the outer areas.
Just don't tease the rednecks by wearing your tight little jorts and you won't have any problems.

Draconian

I see they messed the rotations up when we added Mizzou and A&M. It's been like 5 or 6 years since we played UGA in the regular season, but we just played Florida 2 and 3 years ago.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Update on three bad stats for us -

103 in the nation in red zone TD conversion.
118 in the nation in penalties.
119 in the nation in turnover margin.

I feel like we could have won any or all of the last 3 games without those three stats. I feel like we could win either of our last 2 games without those three stats.

KingGondo

Banned
Update on three bad stats for us -

103 in the nation in red zone TD conversion.
118 in the nation in penalties.
119 in the nation in turnover margin.

I feel like we could have won any or all of the last 3 games without those three stats. I feel like we could win either of our last 2 games without those three stats.
Please beat Baylor.

Kthx.

KingGondo

Banned
Nah, I want the "worse than Baylor" chant to apply to an undefeated tOSU this year.
Oddly, I feel more confident about beating Baylor at home than I do about beating Texas on the road.

Our stadium is gonna be an absolute snakepit when the Bears come in.

I feel like I should mention, contra the thread title, that Cal is actually winless when playing Cal football.

That USC game last weekend was quintessential Cal football.
Indeed. I feel badly for the students now that they've started cracking down on drinking before the games, too.

Fun fact of the week:
The 62 points USC scored Saturday represented more than the highest total the Trojans have ever scored against Cal at Berkeley.

They were the most any opponent has put on the scoreboard at Memorial Stadium, which opened in 1923.
Breaking records left and right.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Georgia v Auburn and Oklahoma State v Texas are both ranked v ranked so I'd go with one of those two.

Probably go with OSU/UT since there's a little more at stake for both teams as that game will likely be deciding the team that challenges Baylor for the conference title (OSU with one conference loss, UT with no conference losses, both teams still have BU on the schedule). Georgia is pretty much out of their race while Auburn has to go through Alabama to even get to the championship game.

Wouldn't be UGA @ Auburn, because they'll be at the Iron Bowl (@ Auburn), and they wouldn't want to do 2 visits in 3 weeks.

New Lonestar's Crazy top 25
  1. Michigan State - Up 2 - 26.12%
  2. Louisville - Down 1 25.12%
  3. Baylor - Down 1 24.15%
  4. Ohio State 22.91%
  5. Alabama - Up 1 19.59%
  6. Cincinnati - Down 1 19.19%
  7. Northern Illinois - Up 1 17.95%
  8. Wisconsin - Up 1 17.82%
  9. Stanford - Down 2 17.28%
  10. Clemson 16.92%
  11. Auburn 16.01%
  12. Arizona State 13.86%
  13. Georgia Tech - Up 2 13.03%
  14. Florida State - Down 1 12.98%
  15. Fresno State - Up 1 12.40%
  16. UCF - Up 3 12.40%
  17. Virginia Tech - Up 11 (Unranked) 12.04%
  18. North Texas - Down 1 11.60%
  19. Oregon - Down 5 11.29%
  20. Missouri - Down 2 11.03%
  21. Texas A&M - Down 1 10.54%
  22. Nebraska - Up 4 (Unranked) 10.53%
  23. Utah State - Down 1 10.09%
  24. Iowa - Up 10 (Unranked) 10.09%
  25. Buffalo - Up 2 (Unranked) 9.61%

Fell out: USC (19 to 26), Oklahoma (23 to 36), Miami (24 to 47), Florida (25 to 32)

Basically, it's all bullshit, but from I can tell, Miami was monumentally assraped by VT.

mre

Wouldn't be UGA @ Auburn, because they'll be at the Iron Bowl (@ Auburn), and they wouldn't want to do 2 visits in 3 weeks.

New Lonestar's Crazy top 25
  1. Michigan State - Up 2 - 26.12%
  2. Louisville - Down 1 25.12%
  3. Baylor - Down 1 24.15%
  4. Ohio State 22.91%
  5. Alabama - Up 1 19.59%
  6. Cincinnati - Down 1 19.19%
  7. Northern Illinois - Up 1 17.95%
  8. Wisconsin - Up 1 17.82%
  9. Stanford - Down 2 17.28%
  10. Clemson 16.92%
  11. Auburn 16.01%
  12. Arizona State 13.86%
  13. Georgia Tech - Up 2 13.03%
  14. Florida State - Down 1 12.98%
  15. Fresno State - Up 1 12.40%
  16. UCF - Up 3 12.40%
  17. Virginia Tech - Up 11 (Unranked) 12.04%
  18. North Texas - Down 1 11.60%
  19. Oregon - Down 5 11.29%
  20. Missouri - Down 2 11.03%
  21. Texas A&M - Down 1 10.54%
  22. Nebraska - Up 4 (Unranked) 10.53%
  23. Utah State - Down 1 10.09%
  24. Iowa - Up 10 (Unranked) 10.09%
  25. Buffalo - Up 2 (Unranked) 9.61%

Fell out: USC (19 to 26), Oklahoma (23 to 36), Miami (24 to 47), Florida (25 to 32)

Basically, it's all bullshit, but from I can tell, Miami was monumentally assraped by VT.
Lonestar's polling services: giving the Big Ten its well deserved respect since 2013.

Jamesways

By that logic, why is OSU still in the top 5? What ranked team have they beat? Wisc? Wisc hasn't beat anyone with a winning conf record as you said, so they suck.
NW? Look at how that turned out now. 0-5 in Conf now.

mre

By that logic, why is OSU still in the top 5? What ranked team have they beat? Wisc? Wisc hasn't beat anyone with a winning conf record as you said, so they suck.
NW? Look at how that turned out now. 0-5 in Conf now.

You want me to argue that OSU isn't over rated? I'm not going to argue with you on that point. I'll let Buck do that.

Where do you think Wisconsin should be ranked?

edit: :jnc @ click clack. Bravo, LSUfreek. Bravo.

Top Bottom