• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Sankey and Carey are better than any of the RB's on the Heisman list.

How qualified are any of us to compare the top five running backs with any kind of authority? I can't imagine that many people posting on this board have watched a lot of football for all 4 schools. They all have impressive stats so what sets them apart for you?

Before someone says something snarky, I wouldn't argue for Tre over anyone else, great as he's been. I just haven't seen enough of the other top backs outside of the SEC.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
How qualified are any of us to compare the top five running backs with any kind of authority? I can't imagine that many people posting on this board have watched a lot of football for all 4 schools. They all have impressive stats so what sets them apart for you?

Before someone says something snarky, I wouldn't argue for Tre over anyone else, great as he's been. I just haven't seen enough of the other top backs outside of the SEC.

You mean you haven't watched all the Boston college game tapes?

jjasper

We have 34 commits and Butch plans on having them all on campus. I am pretty sure that isn't allowed but if he has found a loophole I will be pleased.

We have 34 commits and Butch plans on having them all on campus. I am pretty sure that isn't allowed but if he has found a loophole I will be pleased.

Your recruiting class is really impressive. You might have a keeper in Butch.

My boss, who's a big UT guy, claims that a lot of them are enrolling early and counting them against last year's class.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
One of our CB recruits just flipped to some school named Aurburn. Ironically enough, they're also the "War Eagles."

"Ayee I am officially going to Aurburn now War Eagle!!!!"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One of our CB recruits just flipped to some school named Aurburn. Ironically enough, they're also the "War Eagles."

Well, wonder what state that college is in. Can't be Georgia, it's too similar to a school they have there.

Also, who knew we might sign DJ Pettway from JUCO. He's one of the 4 kicked off for assaulting and robbing students a year ago.

And is really does sound like Coker is going to transfer now. You can thank the bumbling TPD for that one.

There's a high school here named Marist War Eagles. It confused the hell out of me for a while until I looked it up. I just thought everyone was doing it wrong.

We need all the secondary help we can get.

andycapps

They'll just say "meh, we're making it more obvious to Fornette that we only have eyes for him."
How many RB's is Bama getting this year. UGA getting two. One a five star that's really fast and one that's a 4 star but bigger. Reminiscent of when we got Gurley and Marshall.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
How many RB's is Bama getting this year. UGA getting two. One a five star that's really fast and one that's a 4 star but bigger. Reminiscent of when we got Gurley and Marshall.
We have Bo Scarbrough tentatively committed and are pushing hard for Fournette. That's it. We signed 25 last year, though.

george_us

Not really gonna matter if you run for 400 yards.

You'll just win 48-21.
You don't understand. Connor fucking Cook just threw for 300 yards on our secondary. If we hold Boyd to under 400 yards passing I'd consider that a victory.

And Carlos Hyde better get 40 goddamn carries as an apology for that horrendous 4th and 1 call.

Yep, recruiting doesn't mean much, what happened to nkemdiche this year?

Heisman trophy is a bit crap in that it is only ever given to running backs or quarterbacks.

That is the one thing I dislike about American football is that if you are not the running back or quarterback, you'll never get the recognition you deserve.

Dali

Yep, recruiting doesn't mean much, what happened to nkemdiche this year?

Heisman trophy is a bit crap in that it is only ever given to running backs or quarterbacks.

That is the one thing I dislike about American football is that if you are not the running back or quarterback, you'll never get the recognition you deserve.
There are plenty of positions where a player gets recognition if they are good enough. TE, DB, receivers, etc. I will say linemen are mostly universally shafted though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Most of them won't go anyway I bet. They seldom showed up for any of the games this season except NC State and Miami.

There are plenty of positions where a player gets recognition if they are good enough. TE, DB, receivers, etc. I will say linemen are mostly universally shafted though.

If you're a good lineman, your recognition comes on draft day.

You don't understand. Connor fucking Cook just threw for 300 yards on our secondary. If we hold Boyd to under 400 yards passing I'd consider that a victory.

And Carlos Hyde better get 40 goddamn carries as an apology for that horrendous 4th and 1 call.

I'll consider it a victory if I don't feel the need to drink before the second quarter starts.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So,

Rumors are that Saban signed a 12 million dollar contract with UT.

Part of these rumors are based on a forum member from Shaggy bevo going to ABIA, pretending to be a limo driver and having the airport page "Nick Saban". Which sent several "9.95 insiders" going nuts on the twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom