• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 15| Where rankings are made up & SEC losses don't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Coach Pete's contract:

z3RucbU.jpg

Gorillaz

Being a Browns fan is basically the sports equivalent of being stabbed sixteen times, shot in the face, and set on fire.

And then you're brought back to life in the spring for the draft and made to endure the process over again every single year for the rest of your life.

So people expect me to cry "bitter tears" when Ohio State loses one freaking game? GTFO.

I got buds that are just as emotionally conditioned like that as well. It's like they don't have a soul anymore after being a brownie for so long. I salute yall

So I heard some UO players might be getting punished for their part in the classless snowball antics the other day?

Starting TE Pharoah Brown suspended for the bowl game?

We need all the suspension we can get to have any shot at this game. I hope Mariota threw some snowballz at a pedestrian.

BTW where's Kevtones? I'm sure he's disappointed that Oregon went from MNC contender, to BCS bowl contender, to facing an unranked team in a middling bowl, but I would like to hear his analysis of Oregon leading up to the game.

It's an interesting perspective, as she has the requisite experience to be able to pattern-match here. I'm still inclined to think it's more likely than not the victim was telling the truth, but that's not enough to convict someone. In any case it's clear that the investigation was poorly-handled.

And yes, don't read the comments.

I'm obviously biased, but I'm inclined to believe she lied. Yes, she had bruises on her knees, from giving him oral sex. I had not heard about the blood in the underwear, but there was no evidence of a forceful act. No tearing or anything like that. I've seen blood in my girlfriend's underwear before too? But how did that get there? Hmmm....

The author of the editorial seems to be skewing the story to make her case.

Meier

For the second year in a row, a redshirt freshman has topped the college football season’s final HeismanPundit.com Heisman Straw Poll.

Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston collected seven out of 10 possible first-place votes and totaled a season-best 26 points from the weekly survey of Heisman voters, putting him on the verge of becoming a landslide winner of the most prestigious trophy in sports.

To get to this point, Winston set NCAA freshman records this season for passing yards (3,820) and passing touchdowns (38) and produced a passer rating of 190.06, just below the all-time efficiency mark of 191.78 held by Russell Wilson of Wisconsin. If, as the poll predicts, Winston goes on to win the Heisman, he’ll do so with the highest passer rating in the trophy’s history.

Full results:

The HeismanPundit.com Heisman Straw Poll, 12/9/2013

Total Points (with first place votes in parentheses)

1. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State — 26 (7)
2. Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois — 8 (2)
3. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M — 7
4. Tre Mason, RB, Auburn — 5 (1)
5. AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama — 4
6. (tie) Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon — 2
6. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State — 2
8. (tie) Andre Williams, RB, Boston College — 1
8. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor — 1
8. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville — 1
8. Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford — 1
8. Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh — 1

Number of ballots
Winston — 8
Lynch — 4
McCarron — 4
Manziel — 4
Mason — 3
Everyone else — 1
http://heismanpundit.com/2013/12/09/jameis-winston-tops-final-2013-heismanpundit-heisman-straw-poll/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
6 finalists, huh.

I expect AJ to be #6, though USA today had a poll from 30 or 40 voters, and he ended up 2nd, ahead of Mason (but it's a FR landslide)

ag-my001

I'd like to see Andre Williams get the recognition, doing incredible work against a stacked box all season. But this year will likely be another "best player on the best team" year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom