• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minor Xbox One issue that makes my piss boil

Jeff-DSA

Did anybody else have this? Out of the box I have that "peel away" plastic line that's stuck on the face of the machine. I didn't have anything to peel off there, there's just some plastic stuck in the groove. It's too small to grip, so it's just kind of there, and I can't peel it out.

Annoying.jpg

Obviously it's not the sort of thing that you call to MS and whine about, because it's the ultimate in "first world problems," but it still irks me. Just wondering if I was alone on this one. I did have a day one launch machine, but could this mean that mine had been opened and used?

DasDamen

I bought the standard edition about two weeks after launch (the one with the HDMI sticker on the front). Mine also had a bit of plastic stuck in that grove.

I wouldn't worry about it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'makes my piss boil' is going to be my fave new phrase

OP - maybe try running a needle or thumbtack in the gap? (carefully ofc)

I hate it when sometimes your insides are all hot for some reason, making your urine come out really warm and you're almost afraid of burning the tip of your penis.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm looking at. Kinda looks like my toaster?
Oh wait, now I see it, I think. Crazy how reflective that gloss is.

vazel

Banned
Even in a figurative sense why would your piss boil when you get angry? If anything your brain or blood would boil. Also your stomach would be churning.

timlot

Banned
I would have taken it back. I exchanged mine because it was missing the silver xbox logo. It may have been silly, but like I told the lady at the service desk for $500 it should be perfect. It may be small thing, but you won't have to sigh every time you look at.

Satchel

Banned
Wonder why yours has that film on it?

I don't think mine does. I want to check now. Maybe they just put mine on well enough for me not to notice?

BibiMaghoo

I've had this on other electrical devices. You just need something to grab it and it will pull out, no harm done.

Cornbread78

images

Wow, yeah, I can see how that is aggrevating. I actually still have little tiny bits of teh blue plastic wrap stuck in my new kitchen stove that can barely been seen, but still aggrivates me when I see it.

You think that's bad?

My 360's drive had a peel-away sticker on it from the factory and it looked like it was stuck on there with a deadly combination of sand and cum with the aid of a gluestick.
Some residue is still on the drive.

I would suggest using masking tape to remove the excess bits of film. Between the two materials, the film should adhere to the tape when the tape is removed rather then sticking to the plastic of the console.

Top Bottom