• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 is the buggiest Sony AAA release ever

Zheph

Im sure that they (or a majority of them) know what the context is, but if they emphasize it then they would already demolish their narrative according to which there are only trolls and XBOX fans on twitter doing stupid things, falsehoods and stupids campaigns against games of the hated Plastic Box....
The fact is that all they manage to do is demonstrate their degree of hypocrisy.
This is quite funny when you know who you are quoting there
hypocrisy at its finest on neogaf

GHG

Im sure that they (or a majority of them) know what the context is, but if they emphasize it then they would already demolish their narrative according to which there are only trolls and XBOX fans on twitter doing stupid things, falsehoods and stupids campaigns against games of the hated Plastic Box....
The fact is that all they manage to do is demonstrate their degree of hypocrisy.

The context is that they were all so hurt about one man's opinion, about a start screen of all things, that they felt the need to retaliate in a coordinated fashion.

Sorry for shitting on your twitter feeds.

Last edited:
This is the house that Phil and him have built.

Y9OdrPi.jpg

mKxwJjp.jpg

h1BE6A4.jpg
gkPzjwd.jpg

vt9eDSu.jpg

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF
If you can't beat them in quality games, beat them in FUD. MS's MO.

These are the bugs I encountered.

For the last one, the game wouldn't load a certain part of the game properly, so I kept falling through it. A simple restart fixed all of the glitches I was having, which I didn't start having any until hours into the game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
The context is that they were all so hurt about one man's opinion, about a start screen of all things, that they felt the need to retaliate in a coordinated fashion.

The other context is that you were so hurt by Twitter people reacting to that stupid start screen nothingburger that you decided to bring that unrelated Twitter warrior nonsense into this thread that has nothing to do with start screen mockery. Is it really so upsetting that this game has bugs that a Twitter troll narrative has to be painted to try to wave away criticism? In this case you're the one who went to the gutter and decided to pull everyone down there with you.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
The other context is that you were so hurt by Twitter people reacting to that stupid start screen nothingburger that you decided to bring that unrelated Twitter warrior nonsense into this thread that has nothing to do with start screen mockery. Is it really so upsetting that this game has bugs that a Twitter troll narrative has to be painted to try to wave away criticism? In this case you're the one who went to the gutter and decided to pull everyone down there with you.
Sorry, are people ruining the other coordinated “grassroot” narrative, aka “Spider-man 2 is the buggiest game ever”, going around ;)?

Last edited:

graywolf323

Sorry, are people ruining the other coordinated “Spider-man 2 is the buggiest game ever” “grassroot” narrative going around ;)?
yeah at this point it seems pretty clear this is being pushed from a Discord somewhere, Paul Tassi both sides it but apparently some of these ‘bugs’ are actually people using photo mode maliciously

Paul Tassi said:
Other times, I’ve seen things get downright malicious. In Starfield, I’ve seen photo mode used to show NPCs at the worst possible angles in the worst possibly lighting in order to make them look like Frankenstein. Now, in Spider-Man, I’m seeing people use photo mode to move Spider-Man around to glitch through pedestrians in ways he wouldn’t normally in game, and take photos of that. Wild.

Paasei

Had some minor bugs myself. Mostly revolving around enemies being stuck in material or that they no longer have pathfinding.

GHG

You utter clown.

It was stupid then, which makes the coordinated retaliation even more stupid.

But seemingly you take no issue with the kind of environment that's been fostered and promoted around this fanbase. No surprise there unfortunately.

Darsxx82

The context is that they weren't just responding to one person, they were also responding to a massive backlash of PS trolls who supported that stupid "opinion." But of course, your narrative isn't about looking at the true scope or context, just debunking the actions of fans when you're interested. Thank you for making that clear. Also, not surprise.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
You utter clown.

It was stupid then, which makes the coordinated retaliation even more stupid.

But seemingly you take no issue with the kind of environment that's been fostered and promoted around this fanbase. No surprise there unfortunately.
It's also off topic for this thread, but by all means, make yet another unrelated thread about how much you hate Microsoft, make it about you by quoting your own comment in an unrelated thread like it's proof of something, and personally insulting me by calling me an utter clown. You seem to be unraveling.

This thread isn't about "the environment" that you're so concerned about or the Twitter people you're dragging into this discussion. You must enjoy that toxicity, though, considering you're fostering it by giving it so much oxygen instead of just logging out of Twitter.

"Some people found some bugs in a PS5 game, better find a way to make it about me and how much I hate shills for Microsoft on Twitter."

A.Romero

The one part where you were sneaking around the school and it tells you how to jump on the ceiling was bugged for me. It just wouldn’t do it. Restarting the game fixed it.

I got stuck there for a bit too. It wasn't clear enough. After looking for a way to do it for a bit I ended up searching on Google and managed to do it. It was annoying as hell.

Vroadstar

Is the thread title backed by anything at all besides some anecdotal evidence?

Game has ran flawlessly for me all weekend.

It has bugs like most open-world games, there's no denying that, but nothing game-breaking or "it really feels like the game needed another 4-6 months in the oven." narrative. But then again if you're familiar with the OP, it's hardly surprising coming from him.

MAX PAYMENT

It's pretty bad. I've had glowing characters, floating objects, and circle shadows beneath characters like ps2 gta to name a few. Game is fun as hell, but it's messy enough I'd be hard pressed to rate it over a 7 or 8.

18b52adfb5c96-screenshot-Url.jpg

18b5250ebed45-screenshot-Url.jpg

18b4dd8aaa841-screenshot-Url.jpg

tr1p1ex

are the people who can gloss over bugs so easily the same people who purport that anything short of ~4k, photo realism, fastest gpu, ... is immersion breaking?

GHG

It's also off topic for this thread, but by all means, make yet another unrelated thread about how much you hate Microsoft, make it about you by quoting your own comment in an unrelated thread like it's proof of something, and personally insulting me by calling me an utter clown. You seem to be unraveling.

This thread isn't about "the environment" that you're so concerned about or the Twitter people you're dragging into this discussion. You must enjoy that toxicity, though, considering you're fostering it by giving it so much oxygen instead of just logging out of Twitter.

"Some people found some bugs in a PS5 game, better find a way to make it about me and how much I hate shills for Microsoft on Twitter."

Here's the thing, you and your buddies are the only people attempting to make this about me.

The images I posted were a direct response to another post in this thread. Apparently people aren't allowed to talk about the nonsense that's occurring on twitter, however what seems to be lost on you is the fact is that the OP has been posting content throughout this thread that link directly back to those very same people. If you want to complain about twitter being "dragged" into this, start there, it was on page 1.

You are the company you keep. "Clown" will continue to be apt as long as you keep on associating yourself with and defending those individuals.

Last edited:
If you can't beat them in quality games, beat them in FUD. MS's MO.

These are the bugs I encountered.

For the last one, the game wouldn't load a certain part of the game properly, so I kept falling through it. A simple restart fixed all of the glitches I was having, which I didn't start having any until hours into the game.

Spider cube and see-through canal surfing are amazing! There are games like Saint's Row IV out there trying to emulate this level of entertainment.

Kilau

What the hell does a former Blizzard dev and his dumb opinion about Starfield’s start screen have to do with PlayStation and Spider-Man? I know the answer is nothing, butt hurt warriors gonna be butt hurt though.

Anyway, I don’t think a single month delay would have helped, all the bug reports and meta data will help expedite the fixes faster than any internal testing could have.

Top Bottom