• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

GymWolf

Exactly.

People are on pure 100% unfiltered copioum when saying that this game looks good.
Let's not exagerate, the game still looks great and by release date is gonna be top 10 best game looking ever (hopefully)

It is just not as impressive as some people were hoping for.

Horizon is still top 5 if not top 3 so it's not easy to look noticeably better.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
HLbse9I.gif
Uncharted movie Drake, is that you?

Synless

It's literally a handful in comparison. Step outside the echo chamber.
I am one of the people who agree it is bunch of minor improvements but overall, not a big leap for a PS5 only game. This generation fucking sucks, flat out.

When Horizon, a cross gen game is still the king of graphics and the PS4 version of that game held its own against PS5 in terms of visuals, it tells you everything you need to know.

I am one of the people who agree it is bunch of minor improvements but overall, not a big leap for a PS5 only game. This generation fucking sucks, flat out.

When Horizon, a cross gen game is still the king of graphics and the PS4 version of that game held its own against PS5 in terms of visuals, it tells you everything you need to know.

Miles and the remaster already showcased major ps5 improvements

This game has a pretty decent step up from that in terms of textures, lighting, and motion blur

hussar16

I have no hype whatsoever with Spiderman 2. The first reveal trailer got me excited but the subsequent trailers/showcases did nothing much for me unfortunately. But then again, I wasn't hyped for the first Spiderman game either. I'm sure its going to be another great Spiderman game from Insomniac, like Spiderman/Miles Morales were.
I just want a hyper realstic Spiderman game not this cartoony thing.maybe one day

twilo99

It´s basically the last PS4 Spidey installment`s tech with slighty upgraded details, lightning and res/fps.
I guess that`s the price for the comparatively short development time. Still looks very high quality albeit a far cry from a "next gen" spectacle.

Incremental improvements is what I see as well

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
MJ looks great technically and hot... but also she is milf with heavy make up at 57yo.
Harry and Peter both look like ass. Harry barely emotes in the first scene of the trailer. And both their faces looks very weird.

btw - I've go SM remaster for ps5 and MM for ps5. Not played it or original yet...

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
MJ looks great technically and hot... but also she is milf with heavy make up at 57yo.
Harry and Peter both look like ass. Harry barely emotes in the first scene of the trailer. And both their faces looks very weird.

How's it all compare to Forspoken though is the question

tryDEATH

Looked like a nice step forward graphically, wouldn't call it a jump to next gen. Faces look real nice as well, only thing I am not feeling so much is that the Spideman suits look a bit too plasticy. I would have assumed they would mix in some other materials.

Thank you.

The Digital Foundry, NXGamer threads are gonna be wild.

I'll be skipping the Digital Foundry one at least. Those dudes have definitely gone into Hold The Line™ Shill Mode these days. Also just getting to the point where I don't need people counting pixels or frame times to tell me a game looks good or bad. I can spot artifacts, low-res texture, bad frame-pacing and dropped frames myself and I think a larger number of gamers today can as well.

Much like MetaCritic I don't want authoritarians to be the ones telling me what's a good game or a good-looking game. Too much corruption and shill bias in gaming media these days, unfortunately.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
They changed Mary Jane now
b7afaa01bb05f801d500765e267e0963.jpg

This is getting ridiculous
Not that she looked like the actress to begin with
743j5jz2yhl11.jpg

Names. We need names.

You cant just drop something like that and peace out jesus christ lol

And Laura Bailey played her in the first game so is that the model the new one is based off of or what

Exactly.

People are on pure 100% unfiltered copioum when saying that this game looks good.

You're on your own special copium cocktail because the vast majority think it looks awesome.

If you want something that looks legit bad, here I got something for 'ya:

Starfield 2022:

WT8hPcx.jpg

vs Starfield 2023:

CqICT2r.jpg

But you want to sit here and say Spiderman 2 looks bad? FOH 🤣

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Names. We need names.

You cant just drop something like that and peace out jesus christ lol

And Laura Bailey played her in the first game so is that the model the new one is based off of or what
Laura Bailey was the voice actress
Stephanie Tyler Jones was the face model for the original Mary Jane
Ve2lk5d.jpg
g59Eooo.jpg

I don't know who the new one is based on, looks like a younger Martha Kent from Smallville

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Laura Bailey was the voice actress
Stephanie Tyler Jones was the face model for the original Mary Jane
Ve2lk5d.jpg
g59Eooo.jpg

I don't know who the new one is based on, looks like younger Martha Kent from Smallville
Update*
Apparently....
himym-wait-for-it.gif

it's the same face model
Animated GIF

pasterpl

Great trailer. Faces in some scenes look a bit disappointing, wondering what will be max settings PC requirements when it releases next year on steam.

Success

You're on your own special copium cocktail because the vast majority think it looks awesome.

If you want something that looks legit bad, here I got something for 'ya:

Starfield 2022:

WT8hPcx.jpg

vs Starfield 2023:

CqICT2r.jpg

But you want to sit here and say Spiderman 2 looks bad? FOH 🤣

Then my friend, you must be the bartender of the Copium Cocktail bar.

For you to compare the graphics of an Insomniac game to a Bethesda game shows that you have taken the Level 3 course of Copium Administration.

Insomniac has a history of pushing the graphical fidelity of their console games.

Rift Apart, a launch game, looks comparable to Spider-man 2, a mid-gen game.

For you to compare the graphics of an Insomniac game to a Bethesda game shows that you have taken the Level 3 course of Copium Administration.

Insomniac has a history of pushing the graphical fidelity of their console games.

Their games have a certain visual aesthetic to them and there's only so much you can push on a technical level before the intentional aesthetic is lost. FWIW, Insomniac have never pushed for photorealism; I've always viewed them as a Pixar-like in that respect.

They are what Nintendo would be doing if Nintendo had competent current-gen hardware. Studios like Guerrilla have always outdone them on a technical level, but Insomniac's games age very well visually and Spiderman 2 will be no exception (in addition to looking great on a technical level, even if there are some areas of polish to go towards the end).

Lokaum D+

are u crazy ? WoS look miles way better then this

Top Bottom