• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 is the buggiest Sony AAA release ever

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Soon as I say I have had no bugs, I get several. Including a game crash. Most have been funny, the game crash was fixed with a simple close and exit of the game

Game could have used a March 2024 release date. Some more polish.

Had this been a ND or SSM game, they would have gotten that extra time. TLOU 2 was delayed twice. And it released as the most polished AAA game ever, basically. For them, their name/reputation is more important than hitting a release date.

Last edited:

poodaddy

I don't know, I've been kinda loving the glitches. I think people tend to be way too harsh on open world games in general. I mean, this is the type of game where you're gonna see some weirdness happen. I haven't had any crashes, but I've had several floating civilians watching me while hovering around 15 to 20 feet off the ground. I actually love it and I hope they never patch that out lol. Shits hilarious man. I just screenshot it and move on. If that kinda stuff annoys you, then you're taking video games far too seriously honestly. Now the crashes, that would be annoying and I hope they fix it.

StereoVsn

I know you didnt, I used that as an example of reviewers vs general public.

Again, I guess the reviews of the game are now questionable? Or do reviewers usually not count issues in their reviews, because I swore they did for Forbidden West and Days Gone.
In this thread you have people saying there are quite a few bugs. There is no need to stan for Sony here, they will be ok.

It’s quite clear that reviewers are either ignoring technical issues or Day 1 patch screwed some things up.

This is the house that Phil and him have built.

Y9OdrPi.jpg

mKxwJjp.jpg

h1BE6A4.jpg
gkPzjwd.jpg

vt9eDSu.jpg

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Holy shit this is ridiculous.

sigmaZ

Coney Island was a shitshow for me. It was the third time in the game where they tell me to do something I seemingly can't making me hate myself for being so IQ to eventually figure out that it wasn't me but the game was bugged and I needed to restart. On Coney Island though, I just went swinging around with nothing happening after killing all the enemies until I must've gone out of boundary and fell through the ground. Then I reloaded and it put me next to the objective but wouldn't actually allow me to attack the enemies until restarting three of four times. I thought Bg3's bugs were annoying at first but they very rarely intruded on crucial game play elements.

slade

There's definitely something up with Insomniac's engine and the PS5. At launch, I had several crashes from in-game to the main menu in both Spider-man Remastered and Miles Morales. I did not have that happen in any other game since except for earlier yesterday in Spider-man 2. Got the stuck in geometry bug once but a few shakes of the joysticks unfreed me from where I was stuck. Also, a handful of times, the photography missions have allowed me to take a photograph and then not registered that I took one. Trying to take another one does nothing. I had to either reload the checkpoint or switch Spider-men, do a mission and then come back to the same photograph icon.

Anyway, it's not too game breaking but I am disappointed by the clear lack of polish.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I guess this guys a playstation fanboy? as I scrolled down his post and someone pointed out he didn't even use data from startfields launch day or review day or something. Is this correct or not?

I don't even know how twitter really works or who there is to trust. I guess he did this kind of digging when he was disgusted with people sharing starfield bugs?

Ma-Yuan

Its good game but really bugged. Started in black and white for me on my first boot up and no way turning this off. So had to restart to solve the issue. It also crashed one time. Also in a flashback scene it had a random squirrel standing around in a building and leafs flying all over the place in the same building. Also collecting spider bots does not always work.
I feel like this is Bethesda launch 😅 and the irony is that i never have issues of that kind in their rpgs. 🙈

Data Ghost

So far my PS5 has hard locked at a cut scene. Had to pull the plug at the back and when I tried to get the PS5 to turn back on it took ages, genuinely thought it was broken! Second time was fighting a ton of hunters at Coney Island, finally beat them after loads of tries for the game to not move on. Had to reload from last checkpoint.

Aside from these things, absolutely LOVE the game.

Are fanboys not happy with the start screen? I loved it and really enjoy when the start screen is integrated with the actual game. You press X and it fades into the cutscene. Wicked intro too!

I may put this to the side though for a few weeks until some of the crashing has been fixed, that kind of thing is too annoying for me personally and it will put me off.

Fredrik

Mario Wonder is so fucking good, man. Only wanted to play for a bit before sleep. Played till 2 am instead.
I was a bit disappointed at first to be honest, thought it was way too easy. But it’s getting better. I like the variety in the level designs and all the new stuff they throw in.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Incremental improvements. Much more buggy.

Yet 4 points of metascore boost compared to original.

How?
Because they probably cried at some point during a story cutscene and the elevated estrogen levels of most game critics made it so emotional for them that it instantly elevated this game to the best thing they've played since the last time they cried god of war

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I don't know, I've been kinda loving the glitches. I think people tend to be way too harsh on open world games in general. I mean, this is the type of game where you're gonna see some weirdness happen. I haven't had any crashes, but I've had several floating civilians watching me while hovering around 15 to 20 feet off the ground. I actually love it and I hope they never patch that out lol. Shits hilarious man. I just screenshot it and move on. If that kinda stuff annoys you, then you're taking video games far too seriously honestly. Now the crashes, that would be annoying and I hope they fix it.

Seems to have more issues than the previous games though

Vroadstar

While it's great to see game getting high metascore, I am still unable to see how it justifies it.

Hopefully GAF will be able to point out after playing it what's so special about it. I mean, 91 is like.... holy shit, GOTG contender type of score. From what I have seen of the game it looks like a good 8/10 type of game.

Not saying it doesn't deserve it. Haven't played it. Just curious what sets it apart from predecessor apart from minor improvements.

I am trying to figure out what's going on here.

If this is over inflation of scores by media or justified??

If it's gonna be new normal going forward, I will adjust my expectations accordingly.

I am willing to keep an open mind here. At some point I will get to these games, I want critic scores to be somewhat accurate.

A lot of money I spend based on YouTube videos and critic reviews. (That's all I have to base my judgement on without actually playing it).

With that said, I feel 91 is ... like... really high score. Games like Doom Eternal or Returnal (widely considered best in their genres) don't have it.

So I would be keeping eye on it if it really is that special.

It's a taste thingy as well.

Assuming 87 for first part is accurate score, going 4 points higher on metascore would need game changing improvements. At least that's what I expect.

He's been crying about the Spider-Man 2 score for a while now.

Mr Moose Mr Moose indeed...

Protest Picketing GIF

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
You’re a brave man, OP.
I gotta say, I totally expected the first page alone to be full of people roasting you alive.
I guess we can say it’s unrealistic to expect big, complex games to release bug-free. Or even to ever become bug-free after several patches. Even Zelda TOTK did have some bugs here and there, albeit less prominent than this.

I’d be way more worried about the writing in these games. And no, I’m not talking about the woke stuff. That Miles-Peter dialogue I’ve seen posted in a tweet on the first page of this thread is… wow.

poodaddy

Seems to have more issues than the previous games though
Oh it definitely does, I'm not saying it doesn't, I just think they're funny is all. I haven't encountered anything terrible, but like I said, crashing would annoy me so hopefully they get that fixed.

As far as old Asian women hovering in the air staring down at me after I pummel a criminal so bad that he phases into a grocery cart and starts doing the stanky leg? That shit needs to stay at all costs. I would buy these glitches as DLC lol.

Darsxx82

Let's give some context :

Im sure that they (or a majority of them) know what the context is, but if they emphasize it then they would already demolish their narrative according to which there are only trolls and XBOX fans on twitter doing stupid things, falsehoods and stupids campaigns against games of the hated Plastic Box....
The fact is that all they manage to do is demonstrate their degree of hypocrisy.

Top Bottom