• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 9| Low-class football

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Finally a weekend where I can 100% guarantee the Cougars will not lose.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well then it DID include FCS teams. You had to count Bethune Cookman to get to 27-13 and they are an FCS team.

It's not like 21-12 is bad. Still better than Alabama's (stupid Sun Belt team)
FSU's remaining schedule is currently 21-19 (They've only played 6 games, compared to 7 for Alabama/Oregon)
Alabama's 19-9 (Chattanooga is an FCS, but they are 5-2, so then it'd be 23-11)
Oregon's 25-8

All have CCG's, but I believe most are too early to figure out who could be their opponents (if they make it themselves*)
Alabama/Missouri?
Oregon/Arizona St or UCLA (outside shot for Arizona)
FSU/VT or Miami

andycapps

Still think Smart only goes if there's HC-in-waiting attached to it. Otherwise, it's a slight step down.

But then, he might understand that he needs to prove himself, without Saban around.

I think HCIW would have to be attached for him to come. Which is okay with me as long as performance stipulations are in there.

As far as money goes, UGA has I think close to $100 million in the bank so paying Grantham's buyout and outspending Bama wouldn't be a problem. What is Smart making now?

So we're in unison. It's BVG time again in Athens!

Unless you guys want Willie Martinez.

I wonder if Van Gorder completely lost his talent or if he just hasn't had the right players. But no, I don't want thumbs up Willie back.
Richt just looks young, but he's pushing 70.
:jnc. He's 53.

3Pif3Sn.jpg

2Pv3WLc.jpg

HLSeL0D.jpg

I'll take it.

Go Blue.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think HCIW would have to be attached for him to come. Which is okay with me as long as performance stipulations are in there.

As far as money goes, UGA has I think close to $100 million in the bank so paying Grantham's buyout and outspending Bama wouldn't be a problem. What is Smart making now?

Smart makes 900,000 something, going up to around 1.3 million next year I think?

andycapps

Smart makes 900,000 something, going up to around 1.3 million next year I think?
Grantham makes $800k, I don't see that being a problem.

UGA school of journalism claims they confirmed with UGA that this rumor isn't true. I think what this may be are some boosters sending out feelers or something. Strange that nothing more official is coming out.

Draconian

Hahahaha just saw the Oregon defensive coordinator go on a rant about Wazzou still throwing the ball with the game out of reach. What's wrong, man? You guys couldn't beat this team by 60 like you try to do with everybody you play? Cry moar.

Hahahaha just saw the Oregon defensive coordinator go on a rant about Wazzou still throwing the ball with the game out of reach. What's wrong, man? You guys couldn't beat this team by 60 like you try to do with everybody you play? Cry moar.

Yeah, it's totally crazy to complain that an air-raid team is throwing the ball through the end of an unwinnable game. Of course they are. Their playbook is like 99% passing plays. What a dumbass. Should they just give up instead?

Quake1028

Boise State by 4
Nebraska by 7
Rutgers by 4
Iowa by 4
Oklahoma by 4
Michigan State by 7
USC by 4
Oregon by 11
Missouri by 4
Texas by 7
Ohio State by 14
Stanford by 7

Hopefully there is no letdown against UConn. Probably need to blow them out or something.

We have a knack for under performing or losing to horrific teams.

Lonestar

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 6
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 13
Houston @ Rutgers by 4
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 6
Michigan State @ Illinois by 15
Utah @ USC by 7
UCLA @ Oregon by 4
South Carolina @ Missouri by4
Texas @ TCU by 4
Penn State @ Ohio State by 11
Stanford @ Oregon State by 6

I'm scared, hold me.

Feels strange saying this (Cause I'd be ok with Miami being shut down :p ), but hopefully it'll just be "whatever self punishment you guys have done, that's it".

Cause after the whole scandal over how the NCAA investigated this, there's the chance that all those self penalties were never needed, and you guys just threw away those bowl games and scholarships over nothing (you guys did dock yourselves some scholarships, right?)

No chance of this happening. Uconn's done for the year.
Winless Southern Miss took us to overtime last year. Memphis almost beat us this year.

We've lost to UAB a couple times in the last 5 or so years. And FIU beat us in 2011, although they were good that year.

Schmitty

Wow so I missed most of the games on Saturday with work. All I have to say is it was a glorious weekend. FSU is back, UCF playing spoiler, ATM loses, someone lost to tennessee...I know I had to have missed something.

Thank God Penn State was not playing.

Enfinit

GAF Pick'em Week 9 Games

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 6
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 10
Houston @ Rutgers by 4
Northwestern @ Iowa by 4
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 7
Michigan State @ Illinois by 10
Utah @ USC by 7
UCLA @ Oregon by 14
South Carolina @ Missouri by 4
Texas @ TCU by 4
Penn State @ Ohio State by 10
Stanford @ Oregon State by 7

Westonian

BYU playing a average Boise State with a backup QB in his first start, in Provo having never beat Boise before? Lock of the Millennium!

BYU 38 Boise 13

Enfinit

Meh, even comparing our FCS foes, FSU's is better. Bethune Cookman is unbeaten apart from their loss to FSU (they even scored a W over FBS FIU). Nicholls State is 4-3. And yeah, Bama played GA State so that's just pathetic.

The only reason I know Georgia State exists is because of Drake.

Schmitty

(FRI) Boise State @ BYU by 13
Nebraska @ Minnesota by 7
Houston @ Rutgers by 7
Northwestern @ Iowa by 7 going to want a win bad after past 2 weeks
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma by 6 Monroeski posts
Michigan State @ Illinois by 6
Utah @ USC by 4
UCLA @ Oregon by 16
South Carolina @ Missouri by 7
Texas @ TCU by 4 TCU has screwed me everytime I pick them + Cotton Bowl high still in the air
Penn State @ Ohio State by 4 Have to go homer no matter what
Stanford @ Oregon State by 4

Draxal

I'm going to be honest, I'd forgotten that we weren't in the "new thread."

Edit: Cyan, I'll promise to do some pro bono legal work for you if you add a "Fuck Tennessee" to the end of the thread title.

Here's a fuck Tennessee moment for you.

http://youtu.be/9uQ0XppUtNc

Bama/Tennessee 1979 starts at 20:44, and at ends around 22:45, but it's worth listening for a good 10 seconds more.

Lonestar

Ohio state should be included. Pretty sure they are the only team with 3 consecuitve wins over teams that currently have a winning record....maybe fsu?

Well, since you don't want to do the actual work of listing out OSUn's numbers, I'll give it a shot:

22-19
Florida A&M is FCS, and 2-5 (so, to equal the graphics, OSUn's opponents are 24-24)
Best win would be Wisconsin
Your total offensive rank from cfbstats (maybe different than ESPN.comtrademarksymbolgoeshere) is 20th
Total Defense is 15th
Scoring Offense is 7th
Scoring Defense is 22nd
Margin of Victory is 25.1

Lonestar

Thanks lonestar. I wouldve I swear if I wasnt stuck in class -_-

I really don't get our defensive rankings at all, they don't reveal just how bad our secondary is.

Everyone's defense is sucking. Offensive explosion due to all the spread, maybe.

Alabama's had 1 close game (7 points)
OSUn's had 1 7 point win, 2 10 point wins, 1 18 point win, and 1 20 point win
FSU has 1 14 point win
Oregon has 1 21 point win and 1 24 point win

Every other game is a 25 points or more victory.

But to break down OSUn's defense, you're right, they're 79th in Passing Defense (72nd in passing rating defense). 7th in Rushing Defense, which balances back to a reasonable 15th.

I don't know if it got posted in the last thread, but the Ohio State Marching Band did a Michael Jackson tribute, complete with a moonwalk.

I was in a pretty large marching band in high school (300-400 people usually). We did some pretty awesome stuff for our football halftime shows, but obviously nothing as awesome as this. I absolutely hated band practice and stuff, but man did I love performing during halftime shows and pregrame. Nothing like marching onto the field and then running into our positions from the endzone with 100s of other people and playing some beast ass tunes due to our kick ass instructor. Fuck, I miss that so much now lol

Top Bottom