• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Six: Hail Married, Together Forever

andycapps

LOL Oregon ducks. Fuck the Ducks.

Also, I love the fact that The Hurricanes are doing better than my Dawgs. So much for getting rid of Richt, eh?

Oh well, I'm hoping that Smart is just making adjustments.
Richt has also been a head coach for over 15 years. Give Smart some time. Lack of upperclassmen and poor recruiting in key areas is hurting the team this year.

Sarye

Hard to play defense when the offense can't even get one first down in 3 quarters. This is what happens when recruiting has been down for a while. We have literally no play makers after Grant went down.

I don't think any other coach would have been able to win this game with the level of players right now. It's a sad state of affairs but hopefully Ash's recruits will stick and Rutgers can move upward.

Durkin at Maryland at least inherited a better team than Rutgers did.

Hard to play defense when the offense can't even get one first down in 3 quarters. This is what happens when recruiting has been down for a while. We have literally no play makers after Grant went down.

I don't think any other coach would have been able to win this game with the level of players right now. It's a sad state of affairs but hopefully Ash's recruits will stick and Rutgers can move upward.

Durkin at Maryland at least inherited a better team than Rutgers did.

I wasn't expecting Rutgers to win. I was expecting the game to be within 49. I was expecting to get a first down well before the fourth quarter.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lol, sad red orge

wXlyMwG.jpg

Sarye

I wasn't expecting Rutgers to win. I was expecting the game to be within 49. I was expecting to get a first down well before the fourth quarter.
I blame the offense for that. We have no one. Maybe Harris but no QB to throw to him. The offense play calling has been suspect all season. The Defense has been playing better but the scores don't really indicate that because of how lousy the offense is.

I now believe the OC... meringer is over his head.

Didn't the Big 10 kick Temple out due to being clearly outmatched in the conference? Should they do the same to Rutgers or is that supposed NYC market they bring that significant?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Oregon is the worst it's been in 10 years and Washington is looking every bit like a playoff team.

...yay?

I think eventually Oregon fans will realize they had lightning in a bottle there for a few years with Chip.

Good luck getting that back anytime soon Ducks.

sharbhund

Didn't the Big 10 kick Temple out due to being clearly outmatched in the conference? Should they do the same to Rutgers or is that supposed NYC market they bring that significant?

Temple was kicked out of the Big East. The only school to leave the Big Ten is University of Chicago, who left voluntarily.

Sarye

Gotta defend Rutgers a bit. We are investing finally in athletics. But we are still at a disadvantage financially since we do not have full share of B10 revenue. I think we will get there but this is truly a dark day for any Rutgers fan.

Richt has also been a head coach for over 15 years. Give Smart some time. Lack of upperclassmen and poor recruiting in key areas is hurting the team this year.

Yeah, I know. I was expecting some growing pains. In time I'm sure the new hire will pay off. Let's be realistic. There's no way they were going to win a title immediately with him at the helm.

Balphon

I think eventually Oregon fans will realize they had lightning in a bottle there for a few years with Chip.

Good luck getting that back anytime soon Ducks.

Eh, it's not like it was a big secret that replacing Chip was going to be basically impossible.

The entire conference has been a pretty big mess coaching-wise for the past 3-4 seasons.

EDIT: The funny part is that Oregon's going to lose by 50+ and it won't even be the biggest beatdown of the evening.

Top Bottom