• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 3 |OT| Confused as a Yankee Learning to Square Dance

LSU being ranked is a fucking joke that I can't get over.
zxeL6TB.jpg

tebunker

Banned
White Sean had been dismissed by Auburn. Must have been really drunk. Or they just don't need him anymore so he gone.

They treated that dude poorly. Gus could never actually help develop a QB. Sean had clearly earned the job he last two years but it never seemed that Gus cared and was always looking elsewhere.

It sucks that he may have been driven to this destructive behavior by a shitty situation driven by a shitty coach. I wish he could have gotten better support and help. Also real cool of the school/team dismissing him instead of getting him help.

Wtf, fuck Auburn always. I really hate that team.

shandy706

"..more than half of the SEC's 14 teams rank 91st or worse in passing among 129 FBS teams, and each of them is averaging fewer than 200 yards per game, including LSU, Alabama, Arkansas and Georgia, which rank 105th or worse." - ESPN

I love how ESPN is just now starting to think that SEC may not be that good (minus Bama). From an article where they seem to be in disbelief 😂😂.

andycapps

"..more than half of the SEC's 14 teams rank 91st or worse in passing among 129 FBS teams, and each of them is averaging fewer than 200 yards per game, including LSU, Alabama, Arkansas and Georgia, which rank 105th or worse." - ESPN

I love how ESPN is just now starting to think that SEC may not be that good (minus Bama). From an article where they seem to be in disbelief 😂😂.
That doesn't seem to be their conclusion about Georgia either.

They treated that dude poorly. Gus could never actually help develop a QB. Sean had clearly earned the job he last two years but it never seemed that Gus cared and was always looking elsewhere.

It sucks that he may have been driven to this destructive behavior by a shitty situation driven by a shitty coach. I wish he could have gotten better support and help. Also real cool of the school/team dismissing him instead of getting him help.

Wtf, fuck Auburn always. I really hate that team.

All of this.

shandy706

ESPN was cracking me up with Lamar Jackson stats after the game too. They acted like he had 300+ yards and multiple touchdowns against players that mattered on the field for Clemson.

Jackson only had 118 yards against the first string. Against that same first string he had 64 rushing yards, one touchdown, and one interception. All his other stats came after putting in second string and even third string players.

Mister Heisman out there and Clemson has 3rd string players on the field so they won't blow you out even worse.

Mississippi State and Vanderbilt are the two toughest games left on Alabama's schedule. LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, what the fuck are you even doing?

ESPN was cracking me up with Lamar Jackson stats after the game too. They acted like he had 300+ yards and multiple touchdowns against players that mattered on the field for Clemson.

Jackson only had 118 yards against the first string. Against that same first string he had 64 rushing yards, one touchdown, and one interception. All his other stats came after putting in second string and even third string players.

Mister Heisman out there and Clemson has 3rd string players on the field so they won't blow you out even worse.

In his defense, his supporting cast is garbage this year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, it's not last season, so "few" counts :p

mostly since I've got tickets to this game, not looking forward to getting home after 1. Too old for that shit.

Butch Jones, in all of his glory, declares that our quarterbacks didn't have time to practice snaps under center....

Not a good look when the Lynch mob is coming for your ass.

I want Kiffin back. To hell with the purple hedgehog.

SECs trash face it.

Define "trash". Two of those teams only have losses to other SEC teams. The other's only loss was in a road game where they played the defending national champs tougher than the Louisville team everyone is so high on for whatever reason.

Not what they once were? Absolutely. Trash? Then who isn't trash?

Define "trash". Two of those teams only have losses to other SEC teams. The other's only loss was in a road game where they played the defending national champs tougher than the Louisville team everyone is so high on for whatever reason.

There's definitely no clear cut superior conference, or division, this year.

tenn-trash-can.jpg

If the NFL does one thing right, it's (usually) getting games started and finished in a timely manner.

It's kind of incredible how reliably on-time NFL games are.

1 p.m. games usually end at 4 p.m. nearly on-the-dot.

And they're so reliably timed that the broadcast networks can usually handle halftime coverage for multiple games at once.

Draxal

It's kind of incredible how reliably on-time NFL games are.

1 p.m. games usually end at 4 p.m. nearly on-the-dot.

And they're so reliably timed that the broadcast networks can usually handle halftime coverage for multiple games at once.

I remember when the NFL fined the Giants when Tom Coughlin took way too long in his halftime speec (oh apparently the didn't get fined).

It just really amused me because it was Tom Coughlin running late.

Quite honestly, I'd even be open to the idea of shaving a couple minutes off the quarters, though I'd prefer starting with the clock rules and review system and going from there.

It's such a huge problem. I flat-out won't go to night games anymore because the games are too fucking long.

cdyhybrid

Didn't get to watch their game, but based on the box score QB is going to be a real issue for Furd.

It reinforces how great McCaffrey was that Furd won ten games with such subpar QB play last season.

Also, Ole Miss @ Bama is slated for 9 pm EST. That feels like the latest start of an Alabama game in a few years.

Will be at the game, but I'm going to be falling asleep before the game starts. I might honestly take a nap in the stadium before things kick off. Whoever scheduled this is a cruel person.

Top Bottom