• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Week 3 |OT| Confused as a Yankee Learning to Square Dance

Know how we know next weeks game suck? Gameday is going to be hosting from Time Square.

FINALLY THAT RUTGERS NYC MARKET IS PAYING OFF FOR THE B1G!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
How bad is Destiny 2 if you can watch every second of a football game while playing it?

Them Youngins now-a-days have managed to be able to watch TV and Games at the same time.

I'm too old to know how to do that. I've tried to leave on music or podcasts, and I'm either focusing on that and idling on the game, or I'm playing the game and I hear vague mumbling or bloops and bleeps that might be music.

Them Youngins now-a-days have managed to be able to watch TV and Games at the same time.

I'm too old to know how to do that. I've tried to leave on music or podcasts, and I'm either focusing on that and idling on the game, or I'm playing the game and I hear vague mumbling or bloops and bleeps that might be music.

I figured out the reason I like portable gaming so much is because I like to be watching something else on TV while I'm gaming. I rarely played my Wii U on the television, and now with my Switch even more so.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
My laptop gets about 1000% the amount of gaming time as my consoles and my (more powerful) desktop PC pretty much specifically for multitasking reasons.

How bad is Destiny 2 if you can watch every second of a football game while playing it?

Lol clearly not watching every second of it. Just gonna have it on in the background. So I can catch all the lowlights.

Music, sports and podcasts while playing (certain) games>>>>>

I can only do it for stuff like Destiny where I don't really give a shit about the story, or for moments in otherwise narrative-heavy games where I'm just grinding or trophy-hunting or something kinda repetitive.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It's normal to see previews for our games that talk about a defense with so little depth that only about 12 guys are playing, but it's weird that they're talking about our opponent this time.

Quake1028

You get it, you just understand.

Some of the younger fans don't get it. Hell I came to liking Alabama in the 90s as a teen, but I think I just understood from to groups I hung out with on campus to talking to old timers.

"It's okay to dislike the Barn they'd say, but at the end of the day they're still from Alabama and you're little brother." I just don't like that cow college.

"LSU are just a bunch of hicks from the sticks", and honestly until the Dark Lord graced them, they weren't much of nothing for decades. It isn't really a rivalry even though I dislike them much and have palpitations while watching them play. I blame Alabama coaches between Stallings and Saban for really letting these guys get better.

Now Tennessee just brings up that bile from the pit of your stomach. UTk really is the historic rival too. They didn't shy away like the Barn did for decades, they have a good history and have generally been competitive and it was a much more balanced rivalry prior to the two recent long streaks.

However, for me, the deal sealer is Payton. As a Football player I dislike no one more than him. I was an impressionable freshman in 1997. I was in legion field for that game. I don't remember a whole lot other than getting trounced and then GD Rocky Top... So yeah, UTk will always have a dark spot in my heart....

From Wiki, who obviously know best:

"The main rivalry of the Crimson Tide is against its in-state rival, Auburn University. The rivalry is considered to be one of the best and most hard-fought rivalries in all of sports."

Completely warranted. It should by all accounts be a completely miserable game especially when UT is on defense and UF on offense.

I am genuinely unsure of what the hell is going to happen during those possessions.

On the other hand, ho. ly. Shit, watching Hurts, Scarbrough, Harris, and Jacobs run through Tennessee is going to be worth 3 victories over the Vols.

UCF/Memphis back on for September 30th. The FCS games are I guess being bought out and UCF will try to schedule another game for October 28th, their bye week. It would likely be a FCS team.

Rocketz

I turned on for a minute while playing Destiny but they were wearing this monstrosity so I back to grinding and put on a podcast.

Orange%20Uniform

andycapps

I turned on for a minute while playing Destiny but they were wearing this monstrosity so I back to grinding and put on a podcast.

Orange%20Uniform
Yeah at first I thought it was the Gatas playing on a Thursday night.

The Letdown said:
Besides the field, it bothers me that they stole the worst color combination in all of college football.

Yeah, I know. I can't believe they chose that awful color combination either.

Besides the field, it bothers me that they stole the best color combination in all of college football.

I gotta go with Wyoming for worst color combo in college sports.

wyo_uniforms_2016-.jpg

EDIT: Haha, fuck, you said "best." My brain is in opposite mode today.

Ehh, fuck it, let's start posting photos of bad jerseys.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Feels weird to already have a bye week.

On the flip side we played 2 games in the same week. So I'm sure the coaches are happy to test the squad up for the conference games.

Yeah at first I thought it was the Gatas playing on a Thursday night.

Yeah, I know. I can't believe they chose that awful color combination either.

Red 😴
Black 😴

Meanwhile, thousands of people screaming, "Orange!" and thousands of people screaming back, "Blue!"
That's cool.

Painting your shitty Albertson's-sponsored field blue?
Not cool.

I gotta go with Wyoming for worst color combo in college sports.

http://wyonation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/wyo_uniforms_2016-.jpg[/IMG

EDIT: Haha, fuck, you said "best." My brain is in opposite mode today.

Ehh, fuck it, let's start posting photos of bad jerseys.[/QUOTE]

Chocolate? That's doo-doo, baby!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Did we talk about this yet?

SB Nation

The Davie investigation was initiated in recent months, sources say, following the latest round of athlete exit interviews conducted over the spring.

NMFishbowl.com has not been told who the school has tasked with carrying out the investigation, or what precisely triggered it. However, sources say that the severity and volume of the allegations made by players were deemed to be of a serious enough nature as to warrant outside review.

“I can confirm there is an investigation underway in Athletics,” said UNM spokesperson Cinnamon Blair. “We are not going to comment on the details or the individuals involved until the investigation is complete.”

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I attempted to throw out a blurp about Bob Davie in the 13 seconds we talked about the Thursday game. Went how it usually goes.

andycapps

Red 😴
Black 😴

Meanwhile, thousands of people screaming, "Orange!" and thousands of people screaming back, "Blue!"
That's cool.

Painting your shitty Albertson's-sponsored field blue?
Not cool.
Orange is the worst color and it's not even close.

No posts during the Boise State game last night? Sad!

Pffft who cares about Boise State

It's not like they could ever beat a true great team like Oklahoma who has one of the best running backs in history.

Right guys?

Right?

Never forget that Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma. Never forget.

Pffft who cares about Boise State

It's not like they could ever beat a true great team like Oklahoma who has one of the best running backs in history.

Right guys?

Right?

Never forget that Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma. Never forget.

Or a Washington State team that was down by like 21 in the 4th quarter and all Boise needed to do was run clock to win

Top Bottom