• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: "What I learned this summer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Banned
Gloomfire said:
He says Maryland is his dream job, and they are a good young team. I don't mind the move for him to be honest.
Dream job, schmeam job.

I don't know why I'm annoyed on behalf of UConn. Not like I care about the team at all. Maybe empathy due to being a fan of a perennially mediocre program. ;)

Westonian

MD_Fan.jpg

Could you not find another white, red and black shirt in your wardrobe? Not one?

Cyan

Banned
Westonian said:
http://imagisoft.com/weston/MD_Fan.jpg[IMG]
Could you not find another white, red and black shirt in your wardrobe? Not one?[/QUOTE]
Dude's hoping for some fat-bitch tail. Give him a break!

exarkun

Cyan said:
Dream job, schmeam job.

I don't know why I'm annoyed on behalf of UConn. Not like I care about the team at all. Maybe empathy due to being a fan of a perennially mediocre program. ;)

Maryland makes sense though. I mean, with UConn you could never have a shot at picking up a certain caliber of player (lets be real, UConn's football history ain't the bees knees). With Maryland, at least you could talk to them.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
exarkun said:
Maryland makes sense though. I mean, with UConn you could never have a shot at picking up a certain caliber of player (lets be real, UConn's football history ain't the bees knees). With Maryland, at least you could talk to them.

This is exactly why he jumped.

PS: Love or Hate the Unis BUT now that Maryland one that game they are gonna ride those Unis all season unlike say UGA who probably want to burn their new Unis in a fire pit like the all black ones they always lose in.

jjasper

I actually like the idea of Maryland repping the state flag. I wish we had our's or at least the 3 star logo as a patch or something.

Also I like Auburn's stealing the world cup stars for championships on the jersey but why the hell have it on the part you tuck in couldn't have been on the sleeve or something?

Yaboosh said:
How many times has someone fumbled the snap on a QB kneel?
How many times has a team missed an extra point followed by the other team driving the field in 40 seconds for a touchdown followed by converting for two followed by then winning the game in OT?

he should have fallen to the ground but not because scoring a td was bad, it's because the risk of fumbling during the return is too great.

jjasper said:
I actually like the idea of Maryland repping the state flag. I wish we had our's or at least the 3 star logo as a patch or something.

Also I like Auburn's stealing the world cup stars for championships on the jersey but why the hell have it on the part you tuck in couldn't have been on the sleeve or something?
The Ravens have the state flag incorporated in their stadium/uniform too, right? Do all sports teams have a requirement to do that or something?

Maybe they think the flag looks cool?

jjasper

GoldenEye 007 said:
The Ravens have the state flag incorporated in their stadium/uniform too, right? Do all sports teams have a requirement to do that or something?

Not sure the titans do it too.

Also we had a press conference today to introduce the the AD and someone asked the chancellor about expansion and he was pretty adamant about staying at 12 so the higher ups are still holding the line of no expansion.

AntoneM

GoldenEye 007 said:

Maybe they think the flag looks cool?
NOPE, not a single team, pro or college, in AZ has the flag incorporated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom