• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: "What I learned this summer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I normally support the fall-down strategy, but you can't really blame him for that one. That results in a 9-point-lead 99% of the time.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Branduil said:
I normally support the fall-down strategy, but you can't really blame him for that one. That results in a 9-point-lead 99% of the time.

But not a guaranteed win like falling down does.

MrJames

Cyan said:
Coach is gonna be mad he didn't go down.

Edit: lols! That's why you don't run it back!

Yup. That and I had Maryland by 3 in the picks which would have given me an extra point if the score held at 26-24. That selfish bastard.

evilhomer

Yaboosh said:
How many times has someone fumbled the snap on a QB kneel?

This actually happened to a team i was on in high school cause the QB waited too long to actually kneel and ended up getting hit by someone on the defense. Its entirely embarrassing

Cyan

Banned
Gloomfire said:
Edsall or Golden?
Golden's cool by me. Have a lot of respect for what he did with Temple.

Edsall, on the other hand... I don't get the guy at all. He builds UConn from the ground up, then leaves... for Maryland? If he was at least leaving for a better program... Yeah, I dunno. Edsall=meh.

pxleyes

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
a team with uniforms that ugly shouldn't be able to win games.
The jerseys prompted me to look up the history of the design. It is actually really fitting that the design would be split on each side. It is very representative of the state's history. I would say go with the split jersey and a basic helmet. Having both is just a bit much.

Quake1028

Cyan said:
Golden's cool by me. Have a lot of respect for what he did with Temple.

Edsall, on the other hand... I don't get the guy at all. He builds UConn from the ground up, then leaves... for Maryland? If he was at least leaving for a better program... Yeah, I dunno. Edsall=meh.

He says Maryland is his dream job, and they are a good young team. I don't mind the move for him to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom