• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkworm

Franks decommits from LSU

Oh, I hope the Gators get Franks. Current turmoil with Miles potentially being forced to leave will hopefully seal the deal. With Grier's suspension being upheld, another good QB recruit for the upcoming recruiting class would be great! Also Gators got a commitment from Antonio Nelson, which hopefully means his good friend and teammate, five-star linebacker Lyndell “Mack” Wilson, will follow him to the Gators. Coach Mac is doing a very fine job for recruiting for 2016. Go Gators! :)

ryseing

Pretty big, I kinda liked Mullen more to VT, but Fuente would be alot cheaper. Wondering if they keep Bud Foster. Oh they're saying they're keeping him. Wow, really good get then.

Yeah, they would keep Bud and give him a raise.

Coastal better watch out.

ryseing

Keeping Foster and giving him a raise is neutering the new head coach.

I do somewhat agree with this. You're basically telling Fuente that he can't touch one side of the ball. Considering how bad Memphis's D has been, that's probably not a bad thing, but for control of the locker room it doesn't bode well.

inm8num2

Is Iowa boring? Depends on your perspective on perfection (ESPN)

“We’re kind of proving everybody wrong,” Smith said. “We’ve got a chip on our shoulder.”

dZqE3b8.jpg

Draxal

Bruce Feldman -- Big Picture: 51 most intriguing names in this season's coaching carousel

This is what happens when 15 guys get fired. Mid tier schools gotta go places no one should

Ehhh, Schiano is a good college coach, and was a strong DC when he was at Miami in their heyday. You don't understand how bad Rutgers was before he got there. He's a program builder though, and not a coach that I would take if if you wanted to get over the hump.

Tampa was still batshit insane for hiring him.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CUhqa2yUwAAl0Nx.jpg

wait, I thought they got rid of this after they got people killed?

We all know what's in that shack up top.

andycapps

Roger that. Hope the players' minds are in the right spot.

I saw that Bama's center was asked about Carl Lawson and he said he had no idea who that was. And Cyrus Jones said he's not worried about Auburn's receivers. So if they're trying to troll the Wartiglesmen, they're doing it the right way.

mre said:
I hope Saban drops fucking 60 points right in Gus' mouth.

Me too.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUhqa2yUwAAl0Nx.jpg[IMG]

wait, I thought they got rid of this after they got people killed?

We all know what's in that shack up top.[/QUOTE]

[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggie_Bonfire#Continuation:_Student_Bonfire"]It's no longer officially university sanctioned, but it still happens[/URL]. A non-profit was founded to run it.

I see that Texas still gets top billing over a team they actually play.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wow. Meyer really has no balls whatsoever when it comes to his star players.

When has he shown any, in regards to player discipline? Last I remember was drunk guy before the SECCG in 2009. Certainly didn't do anything about Hernandez.

FyreWulff

Nebraska season ticket holders are being offered the chance to buy a ticket to one of six potential bowls. Athletic dept sounds pretty confident that Nebraska is going bowling either way.

Either online or through a printable order form, season ticket holders have an opportunity to order tickets for the following six games:

>> Foster Farms Bowl at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California, on Dec. 26. Levi’s Stadium is the site of Super Bowl 50 on Feb. 7, 2016

>> Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium in Bronx, New York, on Dec. 26

>> Quick Lane Bowl at Ford Field in Detroit on Dec. 28

>> Armed Forces Bowl at Amon G. Carter Stadium in Fort Worth, Texas, on Dec. 29

>> Music City Bowl at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee, on Dec. 30

>> TaxSlayer Bowl at EverBank Stadium in Jacksonville, Florida, on Jan. 2, 2016

Pinstripe sounds nice for the gimmick alone.

Cool, so we're now acting like Ezekiel Elliott did something super terrible when, in fact, he just made some really pissed off but totally justifiable post-game comments about the consistently horrible playcalling and offensive coaching.

A regular Aaron Hernandez, he is.

squicken

I think the better comparison would be Percy Harvin. They ran steps for conditioning, Percy said nope, so Urbz decided the team wasn't running steps anymore

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Cool, so we're now acting like Ezekiel Elliott did something super terrible
Nobody is saying this.
when, in fact, he just made some really pissed off but totally justifiable post-game comments about the consistently horrible playcalling and offensive coaching.
If he was a player on any other team, you would be lambasting the coach for completely rolling over and not disciplining him at all.

Hell, Urban isn't even doing something as meaningless as not naming Elliott the starter against Michigan because of some sort of goodwill bank he's built up over the past 3 years.

If he was a player on any other team, you would be lambasting the coach for completely rolling over and not disciplining him at all.

Hell, Urban isn't even doing something as meaningless as not naming Elliott the starter against Michigan because of some sort of goodwill bank he's built up over the past 3 years.

No, I wouldn't. Do you ever see me participating in Fulmer Cup conversations? Unlike some people in this thread, I don't concern troll over disciplinary issues on other teams. And I sure as hell wouldn't over trivial bullshit like Zeke's post-game comments on Saturday.

When we're talking widespread institutional corruption and/or blatant disregard for extreme criminality, like what happened at Penn State, I will absolutely chime in in those conversations. But sorry, mre, you're not going to see me pitchfork sharpening if a Bama player starts making highly critical post-game comments about Saban and Kiffin.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
No, I wouldn't. Do you ever see me participating in Fulmer Cup conversations? Unlike some people in this thread, I don't concern troll over disciplinary issues on other teams. And I sure as hell wouldn't over trivial bullshit like Zeke's post-game comments on Saturday.

When we're talking widespread institutional corruption and/or blatant disregard for extreme criminality, like what happened at Penn State, I will absolutely chime in in those conversations. But sorry, mre, you're not going to see me pitchfork sharpening if a Bama player starts making highly critical post-game comments about Saban and Kiffin.
Okily dokily, neighborino.

Listen, if a college football player wants to publicly call out his coaches for doing a fucking shitty job for an entire fucking season, I will absolutely support that player. I don't care if it's my team or anyone else.

Because college football coaches are overpaid prima donna douchebags who deserve far more public criticism from their players than they get. (And you're damn right that UFM is a prime example of such a person.) Why should a college football player feign absolute devotion to an asshole coaching staff who have done such a fucking horrible job that it's actually jeopardizing his chance at success? Why should he hold back from criticizing a coaching staff that's making bank while he's paid an insultingly low amount of what he's generating for his school?

If you think I have some serious misgivings and self-hatred about being a college football fan, well, you wouldn't be wrong.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Listen, if a college football player wants to publicly call out his coaches for doing a fucking shitty job for an entire fucking season, I will absolutely support that player. I don't care if it's my team or anyone else.

Because college football coaches are overpaid prima donna douchebags who deserve far more public criticism from their players than they get. (And you're damn right that UFM is a prime example of such a person.) Why should a college football player feign absolute devotion to an asshole coaching staff who have done such a fucking horrible job that it's actually jeopardizing his chance at success? Why should he hold back from criticizing a coaching staff that's making bank while he's paid an insultingly low amount of what he's generating for his school?

If you think I have some serious misgivings and self-hatred about being a college football fan, well, you wouldn't be wrong.

You're right. More players should openly criticize their coaching staff publicly for making decisions they think go against their own interest. Point taken.

You're right. More players should openly criticize their coaching staff publicly for making decisions they think go against their own interest. Point taken.

Zeke probably truly believed it would have been better for the TEAM if he got the ball more. But given he averaged only 2.8 yards per carry in that game, I think its another example of a player who is overconfident in his abilities. If he got double the carries at that output, would JT Barrett be free to criticize the staff for not letting him pass more?

Zeke probably truly believed it would have been better for the TEAM if he got the ball more. But given he averaged only 2.8 yards per carry in that game, I think its another example of a player who is overconfident in his abilities. If he got double the carries at that output, would JT Barrett be free to criticize the staff for not letting him pass more?

This really isn't an incident related to one single game. Zeke has been grossly misused by the offensive staff for the entire season. They've used him in the most boneheaded, braindead fashion all year - not just Saturday. Saturday was just the breaking point.

Elliott would be a Heisman finalist, and perhaps a winner, if not for the complete ineptitude of the OSU coaching staff this season. But now he's not even in the conversation. I would be equally livid if I were in his shoes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
We can't say that Zeke was free to criticize the coach. We don't know what punishments the coaches have given Zeke. I'm sure they have at least reiterated to the team that undermining the coaches in public is a no no.

But to try to claim that as a fan you support stuff like that?

No way man. That shit is toxic. You keep that within the team.

A guy like zeke has the pull to get loud with the coaches in a private room and demand an explanation maybe. But calling them out publicly? Nuh uh.

Should Zeke be angry? Sure, if they feel like he is misusing him or underutilizing him. And the coaches are free to disagree. In private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom