• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude's comments came off worse in print than they did when you actually heard the audio. I wouldn't discipline him either, at least regarding taking the field on Saturday. Meyer can deal with this other ways, turn it into a teaching lesson for the player and the team.

That being said, go Michigan.

We can't say that Zeke was free to criticize the coach. We don't know what punishments the coaches have given Zeke. I'm sure they have at least reiterated to the team that undermining the coaches in public is a no no.

But to try to claim that as a fan you support stuff like that?

No way man. That shit is toxic. You keep that within the team.

A guy like zeke has the pull to get loud with the coaches in a private room and demand an explanation maybe. But calling them out publicly? Nuh uh.

Should Zeke be angry? Sure, if they feel like he is misusing him or underutilizing him. And the coaches are free to disagree. In private.

You really think that Zeke hasn't already gotten loud and angry with the coaching staff in private?

andycapps

Fuck McElwain too. Used car salesman looking mother fucker.

I've always thought he looked like a used car salesman.

Gators wear Drakkar Noir.

Nah, Cool Water.

Dude's comments came off worse in print than they did when you actually heard the audio. I wouldn't discipline him either, at least regarding taking the field on Saturday. Meyer can deal with this other ways, turn it into a teaching lesson for the player and the team.

That being said, go Michigan.

Meyer isn't going to punish him in any way. He said that. And yeah, Zeke has every right to be pissed. But if they'd trained him on how to speak with the media, he'd know you can't say that shit. You keep your dirty laundry in house. Worst case scenario he says the typical things "It's a team game, we'll watch the tape and we'll get better this week" and then he announces after the season he's going pro. You don't say that shit in the locker room.

Bert, calm down man. I know it's hard to reconcile Urban Meyer being your coach, geez.

Draxal

Bert, calm down man. I know it's hard to reconcile Urban Meyer being your coach, geez.
I just find it totally perplexing when people in this thread clamor for Zeke to get suspended for criticizing the coaching of a guy that nearly everyone in this thread despises.

And then use the fact that the aforementioned despised coach didn't suspend Zeke as further justification for despising said coach.

Like, I know college football makes us all act weird, but seriously? At least try to find some logical consistency here, folks.

andycapps

I just find it totally perplexing when people in this thread clamor for Zeke to get suspended for criticizing the coaching of a guy that nearly everyone in this thread despises.

And then use the fact that the aforementioned despised coach didn't suspend Zeke as further justification for despising said coach.

Like, I know college football makes us all act weird, but seriously? At least try to find some logical consistency here, folks.

It's because of Urban's past dickish behavior, a reputation in the past for letting star players get away with
murder
whatever they wanted, leaving when things started to go south. People have been wondering when the wheels would start to come off Urban in Columbus. Now that one of those things seems to be occurring, it's natural for people to point and laugh.

I don't think what Zeke said was wrong. What was wrong was saying it outside of a team meeting. What seems obvious is that he wasn't worried about repercussions from saying it, or he didn't know he couldn't say that to the media. Both are problems. I don't even really blame him in this, he's been enabled to do so by Urban.

There are many things we can say that would be inappropriate coming from a coach or player. I can talk about our QB losing the game for us, but if the coach did that it'd be a major dick move. I can bitch about the zebras, but if a player did that they'd probably get in trouble. Etc. You might disagree that criticizing the coach falls under that, but I don't see any hypocrisy here.

If Zeke had been on a nonstop public bitchfest from the beginning of the season, that's a different story. That's just a perpetual malcontent of a player.

But the Titanic has been sinking the whole season, and I'm not going to fault a player for finally pointing out - at the very end of the season, no less - that it's because the captain has screwed up and has completely failed to fix it.

El_Chino

He does look like one though. But honestly, I have a hard time hating him so far. He's surprisingly nice during interviews, and even very self-deprecating. He's about the opposite of Urban, thus far.
Hard to tell what football coaches look like nowadays.

McElwain seems pretty down to earth, even with a win there's still lots of things he'll criticize about his own team

Matt Hinton ‏@MattRHinton 36m36 minutes ago
Is there a single college coach ever who's left a school where he's won/has a realistic chance to win a nat'l title for another college job?

Matt Hinton ‏@MattRHinton 23m23 minutes ago
(This was really a rhetorical question but in the past 50 years there's Majors, Sherrill, Franchione and *maybe* RichRod.)

So basically Jimbo to LSU confirmed!

Also Baylor announced their 2016 OOC. 3 more cupcakes.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas Tech's 2016 schedule has been announced.

No bye weeks in conference play. Only bye is in September, followed by 9 straight conference games.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If Zeke had been on a nonstop public bitchfest from the beginning of the season, that's a different story. That's just a perpetual malcontent of a player.

But the Titanic has been sinking the whole season, and I'm not going to fault a player for finally pointing out - at the very end of the season, no less - that it's because the captain has screwed up and has completely failed to fix it.
You Buckeyes fans are so melodramatic. You just came off a 20+ game winning streak, including a national championship, and suddenly your program is "the Titanic."

You Buckeyes fans are so melodramatic. You just came off a 20+ game winning streak, including a national championship, and suddenly your program is "the Titanic."

To be fair it was supposed to the be the undefendable offense, and we've seen how thats gone

andycapps

I'm sorry, a Bama fan lecturing an tOSU fan on being melodramatic is pretty hilarious to me. I definitely need some popcorn for this moment.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm sorry, a Bama fan lecturing an tOSU fan on being melodramatic is pretty hilarious to me. I definitely need some popcorn for this moment.
Come back to me when I refer to our program as "the Titanic" when we're coming off a championship season, 10-1, and still in striking distance of earning a berth in the playoffs.

I should have specifically referred to the offense when making the Titanic comparison. I think that it's 100% apt. It's shocking how bad our O has been this year. It's almost the entirely same set of guys and to see this sort of massive regression is pretty disturbing. Makes it obvious that it's almost entirely a coaching issue and that a big shakeup needs to happen in the off-season. Beck should be fired, Warinner should be demoted and Urb needs to find a new OC.

The defense is fine, overall. I don't fault them for the loss to Sparty. They were on the field the whole goddamn game. The time of possession was comically lopsided. Our scoring drives were so brief that the D barely got off the field during them.

Draxal

Come back to me when I refer to our program as "the Titanic" when we're coming off a championship season, 10-1, and still in striking distance of earning a berth in the playoffs.

The titanic line was quite over the top, sorry Bucknuticus.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

I WANT TO CHOP MY FUCKING DICK OFF

Murder me and shit on my grave

You can't take a leak without this team fucking up

Good things about this game:
• It wasn't a 21+ point loss. (Not a blowout!!)
• Our Best road game this year!!
• I got my garaged cleaned up

Oh yes and this stuff, from the buckyballs:

T I M B E C K S U C K S

Fuck Tim Beck. Fuck Tim Beck. Fuck Tim Beck. FUCK TIM BECk I cannot emphasize this enough

Urb: Okay Tim, we need 8 yards. Whadda you got?
Tim: I've got a 3 yard quick out route?
Urb: Perfect!

I'd rather fuck a woodchipper than have to deal with Tim Beck for another season.

Two carries in the 2nd half? Man, I don't know what Beck was on, but I wanna try some because damn it must be good stuff. Like "I'm-seeing-dragons-in-the-kitchen-and-I'm-outside"-level good.

nickcage-youdontsay.jpg

I still can't believe Urbz thought this was a good hire :jnc

andycapps

Not saying you are, I just know how Bama fans are and what their expectations are of their teams.

Unless something drastically changes with playcalling in the next week, tOSU fans should hope their team doesn't end up in the playoffs. Because they'd feel worse if they were to get beaten badly by someone like Bama. I feel like tOSU probably has a bounce back week this week given the circling the wagons mentality common after a loss, and simply that I don't see two consecutive weeks of horrible playcalling.

Nialrot

According to Football Scoop some names being thrown around for the UCF job are:

UCF: Per sources, new AD Danny White plans to interview both Geoff Collins and Randy Shannon from Jim McElwain’s staff at Florida. Separate sources believe that Dino Babers is expected to interview as well. We also have been told that Gene Chizik has been discussed as well. As more becomes clear we’ll keep you posted.

That's a pretty solid list so far and I would probably lean more towards Geoff Collins and Dino Babers.

Not saying you are, I just know how Bama fans are and what their expectations are of their teams.

Unless something drastically changes with playcalling in the next week, tOSU fans should hope their team doesn't end up in the playoffs. Because they'd feel worse if they were to get beaten badly by someone like Bama. I feel like tOSU probably has a bounce back week this week given the circling the wagons mentality common after a loss, and simply that I don't see two consecutive weeks of horrible playcalling.

If we luck into it the way we lucked into the MNC against LSU in '07, yeah, it won't turn out too well.

AntoneM

Speaking of rivalry week, fuck Stanford and Notre Dame, but mainly Stanford because they caused ASU and uofa to play thier rivalry a week early this year. Fucking Cardinal, get a real name and mascot.

Ganhyun

Been tame this week myself. Worst I did was write Go Dawgs unobtrusively in a corner on a coworker's whiteboard. (Co-worker is a Chop Block U alumni)

JCX

Still think the loser of the MSU-PSU game should have to prominently display that awful trophy. Doesn't make sense forcing the winner to own it.

inm8num2

Still think the loser of the MSU-PSU game should have to prominently display that awful trophy. Doesn't make sense forcing the winner to own it.

Nonsense! The Land Grant trophy is a work of timeless art.

lkp4cTQ.jpg

Ya'll would rather Michigan win the division? I'd hope we could both agree that is the worst potential outcome of this weekend.

Assuming Ohio State loses..
if we do and y'all actually shit the bed then at least they would draw Clemson/Alabama which would be a potential bloodbath so I can look forward to that if they somehow pull off the win.

It will be a mercy killing.

Dr. Kevorkian over here.

Cool, so we're now acting like Ezekiel Elliott did something super terrible when, in fact, he just made some really pissed off but totally justifiable post-game comments about the consistently horrible playcalling and offensive coaching.

A regular Aaron Hernandez, he is.

Yup, that's it. He's a murderer and we all should look at him with shame and disdain Bert /s

Desperate times, Cyan.

Tom Herman has apparently agreed with South Carolina, SEC beware.

UPDATE 11/24) We are told today a tentative agreement on an offer in principle between USC and Tom Herman has been reached. The deal is contingent on Herman and his wife liking what they see when they visit USC and Herman and Ray Tanner being comfortable with one another. That visit could take place as early as Sunday or the first part of next week depending on the outcome of Houston’s game Friday with Navy. A Houston loss would expedite the process. All information at this time points toward Herman. All other names are simply fallback prospects should things not work out with Herman.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2015/11/24/usc-coaching-search-whos-hot-whos-not-verson-1-0/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom