• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 01/19/11. Match made in hell, endurance run, Slayer's 8th finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadnt bought comics in a long time for a number of reasons but bought quite a few recently

Batman Year 100
Planetary vol 4 (sogood.gif)
Phonogram vol 1 and 2
Fantastic Four: The Master of Doom
Fantastic Four: Unstable Molecules
Fantastic Four by Hickman vol 1 and 2
Ultimates 2 vol 2 (have this in issues but had been looking for the tpb for ages)
Chew vol 1
Unwritten vol 2
Siege

tim1138

Odious Tea said:
I disagree. They're PERFECT as a month long thing. They look great, but there's only so much you can do with them. And personally, I lovelovelove regular covers.
Yeah I can see that, I just love the look of them. I am curious about the sketch covers for April though, I wonder if they're variants to not give away plot points on the regular covers?

Odious Tea said:
I'm still relatively new to comics, when exactly did they do this? And what happened in Superbat to make you think this is the case?

Sorry. Curious. :D

Coincidently, another from a Superman/Batman issue that foretold the Infinite Crisis long before the title hit:

luthor.jpg

Rlan

sth221_0.jpg

I know you guys don't care, but it's been a great few years for the comic book :p None of you would imagine a comic based off a game character could last nearly 225 issues.

Spike Spiegel said:
Cornell created a new villain called "The Absence" -- an ex-lover of Bruce Wayne's with a hole in her head. Not kidding. Literally a big, gaping hole in her forehead where her squishy grey matter should be. That alone makes it worth buying.

(The story was pretty awesome, too.)

But Scott McDaniel drew it, which means all copies should be set fire to.

So I'm still slowly going through Brand New Day with Amazing Spider-Man. I picked up issues here and there throughout it's run but now I'm really starting to go through and read them now that I'm back in the Spider mood. Question though, I saw ASM started up again, could I pick these up and read them now while going through BND or should I just pick them up and put them on a pile to read when I finish?

And one last question. I don't get what it means when BND "ended". Did Spider-Man get a reboot again or should I just wait and find out when I finish reading all these back issues?

VGChampion said:
So I'm still slowly going through Brand New Day with Amazing Spider-Man. I picked up issues here and there throughout it's run but now I'm really starting to go through and read them now that I'm back in the Spider mood. Question though, I saw ASM started up again, could I pick these up and read them now while going through BND or should I just pick them up and put them on a pile to read when I finish?

And one last question. I don't get what it means when BND "ended". Did Spider-Man get a reboot again or should I just wait and find out when I finish reading all these back issues?

No reboot, the events of BND are still in effect.

My opinion is that you could read and enjoy the current issues while going through BND back-issues, but I'm only a casual Spider-Man fan. Purists might say you need to read everything in order but I only read a handful of BND issues, lapsed for a while, and picked it up again when Big Time started (issue #648).

paranoidandroid said:
No reboot, the events of BND are still in effect.

My opinion is that you could read and enjoy the current issues while going through BND back-issues, but I'm only a casual Spider-Man fan. Purists might say you need to read everything in order but I only read a handful of BND issues, lapsed for a while, and picked it up again when Big Time started (issue #648).

Sweet thanks. That works for me as I'm skipping around some in BND for issues I can't find anymore.

G-Fex

Rlan said:
I know you guys don't care, but it's been a great few years for the comic book :p None of you would imagine a comic based off a game character could last nearly 225 issues.

Man if the battletoads had their own comic..

VGChampion said:

You could start at Big Time and not be lost at all. But I'd say if you want to go back to BND and read it, then try to do it in order.

-Mikey-

Foob said:
you guys read infinite vacation yet???
Not sure how I feel about the story but the art is very good. It was a longer read than I thought since I stopped a few times just taking it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom