• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! August l OT l So what's new with comics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

To change the subject slightly:

Captain Marvel #3 Preview

Yeah, issue 2 isn't even out yet, but still! I'm not going to give a judgment until I can get my hands on issue 2, but what I'm hoping is that they really set Carol up as someone big in the MU.
Carol should be the Wonder Woman of Marvel. She already 16584 times more interesting them WW and none of that shitty baggage.

In your heart you know it is true Satch.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Carol should be the Wonder Woman of Marvel. She already 16584 times more interesting them WW and none of that shitty baggage.

In your heart you know it is true Satch.

what would the marvel trinity be, carol, tony and steve?

then again, marvel has a black, and psycho trinity as well.

IrishNinja

Only way Gambit could be more one note and shallow is if he had been created by Chuck Austen and drawn by Frank Quietly.

ron-swanson-computer.gif

creative team on Hawkeye has my interest.

Tizoc

my man.

im just curious where they are gonna go with it i dont know why he would need a gun, or what the fuck a standard pistol is gonna do to a cosmic being, but im sure theres some plan in place for it to make sense, right?

He's prob. from a bad neighbourhood and his parents are musilms.

Ahhh new thread, another month not reading comics. Coming back from China on the 14th and will have 8 weeks worth of comics waiting for me, which i will have 3 days to read before I leave for college :(

Between the black threads, frank quitely jabs, and WW depantsing, Slayven will soon have more enemies then friends.

Phase 2 for the Hunt for Slayven is in motion

Owzers

1343831245.jpg

Bought bought bought.

So far my Marvel Now reading will be:

Avengers/New Avengers -Hickman/anyone tied down and released
Uncanny Avengers - Remender/anyone not tied down
Thor - Aaron/Ribic
Hulk - Waid/Yu - who judging by the last Incredible Hulk art he'll be on for 3 issues at most.

not sure:

Iron Man - Gillen/Land
All New All Young All Talking the Same X-Men - Bendis/Immonen

Slayven

And the folks wondering why I don't go in on Gambit, is because there is nothing there. It would be like breaking a wrecking ball to a vacant lot. Maggot was a deeper character then Gambit.

Between the black threads, frank quitely jabs, and WW depantsing, Slayven will soon have more enemies then friends.

Phase 2 for the Hunt for Slayven is in motion
I ain't scared. I proudly become the black sheep.

So there's Waid/Yu Hulk down.

Last two will probably be Fraction/Larrocoa Fantastic Four and Remeder/Romita Jr Captain America. I think they're gonna stretch out the launch for Avengers books. Uncanny is in October, Avengers in December, New Avengers was confirmed for 2013, and if Avengers Assemble is still around(and interview said it was, rumor has it Waid is on that book, too), then that's somewhere in the mix.

ReiGun

I go to sleep, and I come back to Slay still poppin' off on Wonder Woman.

Why can't you ever just chill, man?

ElNarez

Banned
Shit guys, let's stop fighting and bask in the Matt Fraction swag, y'all. Hawkeye, Defenders and Iron Man were ACE. You guys. Shit fucking ruled. I love comics.

Parallax

Oh God don't get me started on the Trinity bullshit. My hate for the concept eclipses my hate for Gambit, Cassandra Cain, and Barry Allen combined.

you taking shots at cassie now bro? youve lost your mind obviously.

Owzers

Batman #11: Sometimes i think i like buying comics and talking about them, but not reading them. This issue was no different, i thought the court of owls started slow, got really interesting at around issue 5 and 6, and then lacked intensity towards the end. The big reveal and finale seemed rushed and without excitement, that
"thomas wayne jr" didn't really DO anything after getting revealed, just fought batman a little and took a trip around town, then fought a little more. It felt weird, as if the whole story arc equates to: THE COURT OF OWLS IS IMPORTANT, THE COURT OF OWLS IS IMPORTANT, THOMAS WAYNE JR!!!!! Eleven issues have gone by and i'm struggling to remember what even happened this arc.
I think a better method would be introducing the court of owls AROUND story arcs and gradually build into their master plan, instead it all just feels rushed and sudden, and being important for importance sake.

notworksafe

how is he shallow though?

He's got redundant powers and isn't much more of a character other than "Rogue's boyfriend with the goofy accent". Now he's doesn't even have the "Rogue's boyfriend". Just a 90's shtick character that didn't get left behind.

Garryk

I went out to find a copy of Hawkeye at lunch. I went to B&N (we don't have comic shops here) and their comics rack was pretty laughable. They had random AvX tie-ins (but no AvX mains), the gay wedding issue of AXM, and some new 52 back issues. Then I went to this place called Vintage Stock that I knew sold older comics along with old games, movies, cards, etc. They had one copy of Hawkeye, but it was falling apart so I walked out empty-handed.

DCBS has spoiled me. I wish I had just ordered it last month and this wouldn't have been a problem.

MisterHero

Oh God don't get me started on the Trinity bullshit. My hate for the concept eclipses my hate for Gambit, Cassandra Cain, and Barry Allen combined.
I'm okay with the Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman thing but more a fan of World's Finest. It doesn't help though that the 52-issue Trinity series was one of the worst wastes of paper that DC ever published.

52 was awesome, Countdown was okay for certain characters, but Trinity was garbaaaage

hahahaaaa

Parallax

He's got redundant powers and isn't much more of a character other than "Rogue's boyfriend with the goofy accent". Now he's doesn't even have the "Rogue's boyfriend". Just a 90's shtick character that didn't get left behind.

redundant? controlling kinetic energy at the molecular level is far from redundant. at the peak of his abilities, he was a beast. and he isnt as shallow as just being rogues boyfriend even though thats what most people will associate him with. being a personification of death proves that.

on another note, is that shit about bp and storm having an annullment true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom