• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! March |OT| Girls, Girls, Girls of Spring Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
iGqxTzum18Bbs.png

ivxlBYSCOwOl3.png

ibqAHWXoGMtWkK.png

ixl8HefCgEeZQ.png

i4ZVsfkpXgBLt.png

isRAWFm4AEcdl.png

tm24

Holy crap this thread is amazing

I only have Glory out of that entire list. I enjoyed the fake Wonder Woman

EDIT: Wait, i have a few volumes of Empowered lounging around somewhere!

Owzers

I'll probably check out the Glory trade, apart from that i haven't read much up there and didn't like Vampirella or Hotwire, though Hotwire's art was nice.

I actually read TWO comics yesterday: Thunderbolts 168 and Daredevil 7. Didn't really like either one, Daredevil especially fell a bit flat for me since i usually love that book, especially the end segment.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Cute op. Kinda surprising how unappealing I find most stereotypical, boobcore comic book ladies. I went ahead and ordered the first two of Marjorie Liu's X-23 trades so hopefully those count towards the festivities.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey since we're on the subject of chicks, somebody help me find an issue. I was listening to a podcast a couple months ago and they were talking about a ladies of X-Men issue drawn by an artist that does a lot of nudie/foreign comics and they were talking about how incredible the art was. Anybody know what issue they were talking about?

reserved

btw bandit i cut some of them because they were hurting my bottom line LOL

ylX95.gif

Not only did you short sheet Man-Elephant, but you cut a title that will surely lead to you being the cub in this photo:

article-2109443-1201CED4000005DC-375_964x733.jpg

Sorry guys, I didn't realize she was gonna go all Love Pink on the post. LOL LOL LOL

I need to find that Tesla Strong thing.

damn I've read almost everything in the op besides Cavewoman, Vampirella, Hotwire, She Dragon and Glory, ha
I never got all of Battle Axes though

Hey since we're on the subject of chicks, somebody help me find an issue. I was listening to a podcast a couple months ago and they were talking about a ladies of X-Men issue drawn by an artist that does a lot of nudie/foreign comics and they were talking about how incredible the art was. Anybody know what issue they were talking about?

1278816762_cvr.jpg

damn I've read almost everything in the op besides Cavewoman, Vampirella, Hotwire, She Dragon and Glory, ha

1278816762_cvr.jpg

Claremont, always the feminist

As someone who could give zero shits about X-Men these days, it was a fun one shot. Silly yes, but well drawn and I don't regret buying it. ^_^

If you want to cut to the chase, Dark Horse is doing lovely collections of Manara's work:

51vqSOZq4JL._SS500_.jpg

Comic-brethren, I once again request the wisdom of the hivemind:

I bought the first deluxe book of Y: The Last Man a while ago purely based on the intuition, that it was supposed to be good. I just read it and I'm kinda tempted to buy the rest of them since the series apparently isn't too long. Being a student, I'm unfortunately unable to splurge as much money as I'd like to be able to and thus I'm forced to consult you guys before I do anything drastic. Are there any major drops in quality through the series or does it stay good all the way?

LiQuid!

I bought the first deluxe book of Y: The Last Man a while ago purely based on the intuition, that it was supposed to be good. I just read it and I'm kinda tempted to buy the rest of them since the series apparently isn't too long. Being a student, I'm unfortunately unable to splurge as much money as I'd like to be able to and thus I'm forced to consult you guys before I do anything drastic. Are there any major drops in quality through the series or does it stay good all the way?

Buy it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

1278816762_cvr.jpg

Ha. That art is good/bad. On the one hand, lovely colours and linework and the ladies look sexy which I assume is the point (they did get Manara to do it after all...). On the other hand, they look like they're pre-fellatio and it just makes them look really really dumb. What's up with that? I see no dicks on the page, why are their mouths open like that? Are they just really turned on by vines and skulls and shit??

Lol sex + comics...

BTW BATWOMAN. That is all.

Owzers

Good all the way, definitely go for it.

New Shazam design revealed:

“You’ll notice that SHAZAM! looks different from many of the other heroes we’ve seen in DC COMICS-THE NEW 52,” said editor Brian Cunningham. “That was definitely intentional. His powers come from a different place, and we wanted to see that reflected in the design. We’ve removed the “circus strongman” elements from his costume. Rather than a traditional cape, he wears a cloak with a hood; there’s more of a mystical, magical, fantasy feel to that.”

ESxbd.jpg

...probably not the best first image to use.

Golden Age artist Sheldon Moldoff passed away this weekend, at the age of 91. In addition to being one of Bob Kane's most prominent ghost artists on Batman, his work also appeared in Action Comics #1 alongside Superman's first appearance, and he provided some of the most iconic covers of the Golden Age (the Green Lantern cover immediately springs to mind).

http://www.sheldon-moldoff.com/

New Shazam design revealed:

ESxbd.jpg

...probably not the best first image to use.

So they connected his collar with douche cloth? :(

my baby

:'(

A hood? Damn. Please don't make cap edgy. Please somehow still be fun, and let this just be captain thunder crossing over and being a giant red herring.

Just you guys wait, I bet Black Adam has a popped collar. MAYBE EVEN TWO POPPED COLLARS!

God damn DC.

Oh, and if there was ever a Word Balloon just for comics gaf, it's this week's episode with Scott Snyder, Mark Waid, and Jay Faerber.

A hood? Damn. Please don't make cap edgy. Please somehow still be fun, and let this just be captain thunder crossing over and being a giant red herring.
He has to be edgy! How else is he going to fit in with the dark and edgy characters of the DCnU? How else are they going to make him relatable to those twenty- and thirty- something male readers, and ("fingers crossed" -WB) the eventual moviegoing audiences?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom