• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Cash sings "Barbie Girl"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No genie out of the bottle is when we get widespread use of AI videos showing people committing crimes showing up and them being used as leverage.
People are having fun seeing the clever AI creations and the first thing you think about is faking crimes? Do you live in a bad neighbourhood?

jason10mm

Gold Member
People are having fun seeing the clever AI creations and the first thing you think about is faking crimes? Do you live in a bad neighbourhood?
He's just setting up his alibi early. He'll pull up this thread in court and say "See, I wuz set up, I knew this 4 years ago!"

Congrats on winning the long game.....of murder :p

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
No I'm just a realist and know better than to expect humanity to use this responsibly.

As we have already seen.

Last edited:

Tams

No I'm just a realist and know better than to expect humanity to use this responsibly.

As we have already seen.

My point is, while regulation and legislation would be a good idea, is already out there.

That's generally fine and workable for companies that can be held accountable.

But AI is already readily and freely available out there. And, like digital piracy, there's almost fuck all you can do to prevent that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shakira. Get on licensing your AI voice. I wanna hear her hip shaking vocals in different songs.

And I love Roxette. RIP Marie Fredrikson. Would be awesome if I could hear her sing other songs too.

Last edited:

Eotheod

The bottle is very well smashed for the AI genie, because the technology is already in the hands of your average joe. Whether we have imitation AI music or "fake" crimes, the technology used is widely available and simplistic enough to create results. There is no stopping AI now outside of regulation, and even then that will not do much due to how outdated laws are once implemented (see digital copyright, social media harassment etc).

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
My point is, while regulation and legislation would be a good idea, is already out there.

That's generally fine and workable for companies that can be held accountable.

But AI is already readily and freely available out there. And, like digital piracy, there's almost fuck all you can do to prevent that.
Bit of a difference though. Any schmuck with a tablet and a wifi connection can go pirate a song or a movie. Programming an AI to sound like someone or create an entire realistic video is not something that any schmuck can do. They either have to have the tech and knowhow themselves or have to be provided it. Harsh penalties and regulation can help limit the spread of the that technology or a company's ability to share it freely without consequences.

Not saying it would stop it entirely, but it could slow the flood before it becomes too widespread.

sharp weiner

Neo Member
Let’s just completely flood and destroy all physical records of human history.

Shark Tank Lori GIF by ABC Network
The sooner the better!

Mr Blobby

If artists are fine with it then go for it!

The problem lies when people hijack peoples image and likeness without permission.
for sure. and I can see this being regulated eventually, but like mentioned, it won't stop people doing it. There's also the issue of how they're used e.g. in a derogatory sense and if they're trying to monetize someone's voice. I'm not sure voice is copyrightable, but there are appropriation laws to protect the artist. But what would happen when you combine 2+ artists to create something unique?
Someone should use the sounds of an animal to create a song

Some recent ones that are really, really good that should have us all wondering what AI will be able to do by the end of the decade.

Top Bottom