• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

I didn't read anything today, but I watched Nausicaa, and that's always a good thing to do.

lh6MhYV.jpg

That movie looks unbelievably good on Blu-ray.

I didn't read anything today, but I watched Nausicaa, and that's always a good thing to do.

That movie looks unbelievably good on Blu-ray.

Such a good movie, might be my favourite of his. Watched it again when they screened it at a film fest in my city earlier in the year.

Have you read the Nausicaa manga? A lot more fleshed out (and very different at places from the movie) but still a brilliant read.

Edit: Don't Melania my posts Freeza.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
From the last thread.

When does the new Star Wars and Darth Vader take place among the main timeline from the films? And do they tie into each other. Like should I be reading them together or are they completely stand alone?

They both take place between New Hope and Empire.

Yeah, they tie into each other starting with Vader Down, which was an event where each chapter of each series continues the story. You don't have to read them together until you get to that point and then after that, just follow the reading order that shows up on the last page of each chapter.

Einchy

I like Vader but I wish they had gotten a different artist, whoever they got has a really boring artist and their character designs look like something out of some weird 90s EU Star Wars book.

It was easily the best of the Star Wars comics. Hopefully the new book is going to be about Aphra, because she needs to stick around.

It's pretty weird we know so little of the future of this gigantic brand. I suspect it will be Aphra and that's why we don't know yet. Don't wanna spoil she makes it out alive.

I like Vader but I wish they had gotten a different artist, whoever they got has a really boring artist and their character designs look like something out of some weird 90s EU Star Wars book.
Salvador Larocca. He and Frank D'Armata ruined Fraction's Iron Man with their terrible art/coloring.

It's pretty weird we know so little of the future of this gigantic brand. I suspect it will be Aphra and that's why we don't know yet. Don't wanna spoil she makes it out alive.

We know they're not going to kill her off. She's already been making appearances in the main Star Wars book without Vader.

Einchy

Salvador Larocca. He and Frank D'Armata ruined Fraction's Iron Man with their terrible art/coloring.

This couldn't look any stiffer.
AoSb6x6l.jpg

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR ARMS
tVwb0Nxl.jpg

It's like they told him, "make some characters that wouldn't even get approved as background characters because of how boring they look"
S7QjTTbl.jpg

Sandfox

My most anticipated books of the month:
-Ms. Marvel: It's in the OP for reason
-ANAD Avengers Annual: fanfiction and big name talent
-Silver Surfer: 50th anniversary
-Captain America Steve Rogers: This book is insane
-All-New Wolverine Annual: Just look at the cover
-Archie: I really want to see where it goes next.
-Saga: New arc time

Einchy

I don't get why Snyder left Batman to work on All-star Batman. If you wanna continue working on Batman, why pick a lower-tier Batman comic? I wonder if DC moved him to get some new blood just so Rebirth could be more of soft reboot then if they had kept the same people. Otherway, looking forward to see what he does there.

New Saga arc will be awesome, it's always a bummer when it goes on a break.

Read Ape Sapien volume 7 today.
VSUkrUa.jpg

Great dialogue and story, amazing art and coloring, top-notch stuff. We also learned a few things about Ape which were pretty cool.

I don't get why Snyder left Batman to work on All-star Batman. If you wanna continue working on Batman, why pick a lower-tier Batman comic? I wonder if DC moved him to get some new blood just so Rebirth could be more of soft reboot then if they had kept the same people. Otherway, looking forward to see what he does there.

He might have wanted a break from the pressure. 50 issues of DC's flagship book is a heavy workload and nothing to scoff at. I'm sure Capullo had the bigger job, but still.

Put it like this, niggas buy Batman no matter what right? Well now that he built his name up, he can go and do another Batman book with star artists and now DC has another top seller. Worked for Superman Unchained, as erratically as that shit came out.

Sandfox

I want Spider-Man to get the All-Star Batman with the return of of Spectacular, which focused more on Peter's socal life, but RYV(which ironically has the same writer Spectacular did when it started) has me hyped so that's close enough I guess.

Put it like this, niggas buy Batman no matter what right? Well now that he built his name up, he can go and do another Batman book with star artists and now DC has another top seller. Worked for Superman Unchained, as erratically as that shit came out.

I'm waiting for the day where every able and notable Batman writer is writing an ongoing about Gotham at the same time.

VanWinkle

Snyder said he is not going to do a twice-monthly book. DC wanted Batman to be twice-monthly. Plus he likes being free from the shackles that the mainline title presents.

I'm waiting for the day where every able and notable Batman writer is writing an ongoing about Gotham at the same time.

All-Star Batman by Scott Snyder and John Romita Jr
Dark Knight Returns 3 by Frank "Brian Azzerello" Miller and...John Romita Jr again
Batman by doesn't matter you buying it anyway maybe Romita Jr will be here too
Batman OGN by Grant Morrison and dat boy John Romita Jr where Bruce Wayne wears a backwards baseball cap and new balance sneakers

mreddie

Back from North Phoenix aka Flagstaff. Did read comics so here we go

Ms.Marvel
tumblr_inline_o1qmokl2D51r6hagw_500.gif

ANAD Avengers
tumblr_inline_o3bqe1RgX81s9lgwy_500.gif

Uncanny AVengers

tumblr_mszapczh3P1qz8x31o1_500.gif

ROM
giphy.gif

ROM was so fucking rad

Question about the ending:
These are JOE characters, right? So there's an IDWverse and the Turtles aren't actually in it, is that the deal? I noticed they aren't a part of the crossover/event thing coming up

ROM was so fucking rad

Question about the ending:
These are JOE characters, right? So there's an IDWverse and the Turtles aren't actually in it, is that the deal? I noticed they aren't a part of the crossover/event thing coming up

Yes, they're G.I. Joe characters. I don't know what the deal with the crossover is, but it doesn't look like ROM is part of it.
The whole thing has me curious, and it can't be worse than Infestation.

Yes, they're G.I. Joe characters. I don't know what the deal with the crossover is, but it doesn't look like ROM is part of it.
The whole thing has me curious, and it cam't be worse than Infestation.

He is actually, there is a ROM issue in the checklist. Looks like ROM, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, G.I.JOE, Transformers and Action Man.

It looks skippable which is nice. ROM is the only book I'm reading on that list so I'll probably pass.

All-Star Batman by Scott Snyder and John Romita Jr
Dark Knight Returns 3 by Frank "Brian Azzerello" Miller and...John Romita Jr again
Batman by doesn't matter you buying it anyway maybe Romita Jr will be here too
Batman OGN by Grant Morrison and dat boy John Romita Jr where Bruce Wayne wears a backwards baseball cap and new balance sneakers

My word at the bolded. I laughed so hard I choked and then I got a bit sad because it's so true.

He is actually, there is a ROM issue in the checklist. Looks like ROM, M.A.S.K., Micronauts, G.I.JOE, Transformers and Action Man.

It looks skippable which is nice. ROM is the only book I'm reading on that list so I'll probably pass.

I'll probably be getting all of it, mainly for the Transformers stuff. Micronauts has been decent, the MASK and the Furious looks okay. I would like a great GI Joe book again but I ask for too much I think. I've always hated Action Man, even as a kid because I knew he was the reason the UK and Ireland didn't get real GI Joe stuff and we had to call the Joes "Action Force" instead. Every episode, a terrible British dub of "FULL FORCE!" instead of "YO JOE!"

Top Bottom