• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

PsychBat!

Banned
It's disappointing when people always brings her sprite up because they never bother to mention the great sprite work they did on the rest of the DS cast, let alone their output during the 90s.

I'll be sure to mention that next year when DS sprites are the current topic.

PsychBat!

Banned
But we were never discussing DS spritework :V

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the ComicGAF!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
One week and I can post here again. Oh boy, so happy that my boss moved my new job to someone else (without that I did something wrong). It was quiete nerve-racking.

Also, today is new money day, so I can start buying comics again. yeah!

Tizoc

Hm. Weird. Then why did Capcom use purple for his primary color the first time they included him? I don't remember what game it was. It wasn't Marvel Super Heroes, was it? One of the MvC games?

He was Purple in MSH, his first appearance, might be related to him being colored purple in one of his appearances? I guess that with Hulk being green they wanted to differentiate the characters colors, which is a very creative move imo, since it made each character stand out and the shading on the colors made them not feel repetitive with another character.

Still a little rough around the edges but mostly satisfied with it

Nooice

Gonna be a cheerleader here for a sec, I want to show of the Batman Comishhhh you did for me last year. Was staring it down last night.

kI7e9ht.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Kipp new job as a contractor on TLG, should be putting on the finishing touches right now

Just what we need, more corner cutting on a game that had no vision to begin with.

For real though, this IST order I'm placing today is insane:

Doom Patrol
Stray Bullets
Copra vol 1
Lobo: Portrait of Bastich

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I got a job

200w.gif

Woo! Glad to hear it!

Right now. No. But maybe. He gave me July off to go to Florida

So July... SDCC then?

For real though, this IST order I'm placing today is insane:

Doom Patrol
Stray Bullets
Copra vol 1
Lobo: Portrait of Bastich

Yessss. Doom Patrol.
If you let Doom Patrol sit on your shelf untouched like many of your other books, I will be upset. You better read that thing right away.

Messi

Oh god. Today got away from me. I nearly sent a stupid amount of money in the comic store. I did buy some shit though.

They wanted 50€ for the first 4 issues of Harleys first solo series.

Edit : seems that wasn't a bad price actually

wO9DoM5.png

Boogiepop

Just finished reading the first Ultimate Collection for Waid FF. It was solid stuff for sure. I think Hickman definitely spoiled me a bit, but I still definitely want the rest of this.

Also, with the bonus story: I kind of knew about 90s Thor, but man is that a ridiculous design. What I didn't know about was 90s Wasp. What the heck was going on there?!

Zombine

Banned
ZilO3KT.jpg

Huh, so Medusa is the new Hank Pym, I guess. Could you imagine the internet shitstorm if the roles were reversed on this scene?

Really think about this for a second. Its a whole lot of fishing for nothing. This is an alien woman with the power to control her hair "wife beating" some guy who is stronger than her who is the king of their race. It's nothing. It's a comic brawl.

That Hank Pym thing was a drunk hitting his wife. There were no powers involved. It was something that can and does actually happen. What you just presented was some Off-Topic side bullcrap. Not picking on you, just got damn dude....

Messi

Really think about this for a second. Its a whole lot of fishing for nothing. This is an alien woman with the power to control her hair "wife beating" some guy who is stronger than her who is the king of their race. It's nothing. It's a comic brawl.

That Hank Pym thing was a drunk hitting his wife. There were no powers involved. It was something that can and does actually happen. What you just presented was some Off-Topic side bullcrap. Not picking on you, just got damn dude....

Draaaaaaaamaaaa

Wrapping up a few volumes I have been reading.

The Rainbow Orchid (v1,2,3): A good fun adventure story. Nice art and pacing, but my only issue was the excessive resemblance to Tintin books. Maybe it is just the coloring giving me that impression but this seemed a lot closer to a tribute-band than take-inspiration-from-band. Hopefully Ewing moves towards a more distinctive style with the next book.

Maze Agency v1 - FInally finished reading the paperback. Will have to track down the single issues. I have a feeling it will take more effort than it took me to collect Sandman Mystery Theatre.

Parker: Slayground + Seventh - Another great volume. I felt Slayground was a bit rushed, but I love how each of the books seem to belong to a different "movie genre". One question I had with the Seventh though.
There were seven who committed the heist. The amateur outsider killed 4, Parker had to kill 1. There is no mention of the other partner's fate.

Gah, what the hell? I just started reading Astro Boy like, 2 weeks ago or something. Imported it and all that jazz. The English editions are all super out of print, and Vertical was the only one bothering with Tezuka stuff any time recently and they seem to have given up on it as of late. I thought I was safe.

And then of course Dark Horse apparently JUST announced nice new omnibus editions that they'll be coming out with for the series!

Yeah, I had posted about it in the Manga thread. Am supper excited, have been wanting to read this for a long time.

Are these the omnibuses?

Because the price tag for that Doom Patrol omnibus, yikes.

Doom Patrol is definitely worth it.

Zombine

Banned
Draaaaaaaamaaaa

Not drama, just people not taking a moment to think. That was a weak ass Apple and oranges comparison. People shouldn't be violent against one another to begin with, but it's that weak ass argument where dudes try to argue "why is it ok when a women hits a dude, but it's wrong when a guy hits a girl."

It's not, but generally speaking when a girl hits or slaps a dude you can shrug it off. When a guy hits a woman she can end up critically injured or worse.

Back to comics and fun shit.

I got Spider-Gwen #1, the first single issue of a comic I've ever ordered, in the post today. Now I'm looking at tablets to use Comixology on.

is this how it begins

Wasn't he mentally ill, not drunk?

Owzers

Finished Unwritten vol 8, it was okay, better than vol 7. I'm not that interested in the characters or story right now, especially
whale shenanigans
Not sure if i'll go ahead and get vol 10 and 11 to finish the series presuming i skip vol 9's Fables Crossover.

Top Bottom