• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2016. World of love and strangeness and charm.

Short list this week, thank goodness. Last week was huge.

Paper Girls #5
The Walking Dead #151
Kennel Block Blues #1

Only one issue away from being caught up on Lazarus. So excited I can hardly stand it.

PsychBat!

Banned
yeah they are :D

4852083-01.jpg

I love this comic. It's pre-Flashpoint Lois and Clark :D

Calcium

Banned
Humanized versions are more terrifying than talking ponies? I think everypony else would disagree with you.

I've learned to accept the talking ponies since they have been around since the 80s. This is something else entirely. I need time to process this.

mreddie

Black Knight canned isn't shocking, I assume Angela is staying with the recent GLAAD nom, Howling Commandos and Moon Girl might be next.

arkon

Replying from the previous thread:

Island talk! Yeah, Daggerproof Mummy was ok, meh. I didn't care much for Rios' story either. I hate to admit that I don't love the Multiple Warheads story a lot, either. I just love the wolf and child parts. It's my own fault, though, really. I'm too compulsive for Multiple Warheads. There's so much tiny drawing and printing and I feel the need to read ever bit of it which takes forever and drives me crazy. Having said that, I actually liked the most recent MH instillation. Maybe it is finally growing on me, idk.

I also love Habitat! So great. Ancestor is freaking awesome and probably my favorite multi-parter. Wait til you read the latest chapter! My favorite one shot story is the one of the people at the club with interconnecting stories. I loved that art style and colouring so much I wanted to gauge my own eyes out.

I've only read a few issues of Prophet. I need to properly read it all one of these days.

I kind of get what you mean with Warheads. I have to be in a certain mood for it I find, usually with plenty of free time on my hands to soak everything up. Good to hear Ancestor keeps up. I'm looking forward to catching up on that and more Habitat.

No better time to get back to Prophet. Earth War is finally out and hopefully there's no further delays with the remainder of it.

------

Shadowman is actually readable, and actually not really all that terrible, but you'd want to leave it for when you've read everything else and you're in love with the universe. It does have two of the best issues in all of modern Valiant.

I'll bear that in mind thanks. It was the one series I skipped out on in the recent comixology sale. Can always come back to it and sample at a later date with another sale.

------

The reading project for 2016 is off to a good start. I make it 138 issues read in January, with a mixture of newer single issue releases and older trades read. Highlights being the short Unbeatable Squirrel Girl run, Harbinger, Archer & Armstrong and the Invisibles. As well as select single issues of Island.

I feel like the initial 500-issue target I set myself is a lot more doable than I initially imagined. Another month like January and I'm already over halfway there. For February I'll focus on finishing off the Invisibles and getting caught up on Valiant first.

JEKKI

what. the. hellz?!?!

now that comixology and amazon are merged, I cant use paypal anymore?!?!?!

I'm trying to save money / ease up on credit card use, and have like bucks burning in my paypal account, and I cant even spend them on comixology anymore...

eff that t(-_-t)

what. the. hellz?!?!

now that comixology and amazon are merged, I cant use paypal anymore?!?!?!

I'm trying to save money / ease up on credit card use, and have like bucks burning in my paypal account, and I cant even spend them on comixology anymore...

eff that t(-_-t)
Hmmm? I still have the option to use PayPal. Now I still haven't merged my accounts

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I didn't realize the February OT was up, so I'm cross-posting my response to comment by "my name is ed" here, sorry!

Meant to reply to this earlier. Glad to hear you've been continuing your work! Making comics is very grueling and rewarding. It takes me about half a year to finish an issue haha Getting one done in 3 months is pretty impressive.

Thanks! I can't believe I'm almost done with this thing! It really does feel good to have come this far. The physical copy of Issue #3 actually arrived in the mail today!

It's so satisfying to be able to hold them in my hands and turn the pages! Even though I mainly created them for digital distribution, there's just something that makes it feel so much more "real" when I can feel the paper under my fingertips. I'm really looking forward to getting started on the artwork for Issue #4. I've written a few pages of Issue #5, and I'll try to have a first draft of that done in the coming weeks while I produce the penciled and inked pages of Issue #4. It usually takes me about a month and a half (sometimes longer), to do the penciling and inking, and then another month to do the coloring and lettering.

I'd be able to produce the issues faster, but I'm squeezing the drawing in between my 8-5 job, and spending time with my wife. So far, I have a good method/production pipeline going.

Top Bottom