• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Sandfox

Good lord Facebook comments on Marvel posts are depressing. SJW this, SJW that. Fucking juvenile.
There are a lot of those type of comments going around.

They shouldn't worry, all the white heroes will be back in 2018.

Ugh.
That's basically the biggest complaint about the line and when the old heroes come back they'll find another aspect of the books to through their SJW complaints at. Probably the writers because some people are already doing that.

75% off Avatar on CMX. Anything worth getting? How is Alan Moore's Providence?

Also.. holy crap is there a lot of Warren Ellis at Avatar? Is any of it good?

Rootbeer

Banned
Jorge Jiménez really killing it lately for me with these covers... posted both of these high-res versions on his Twitter recently. The second one is such a strong evocation.

DFmbLbHW0AAlGua.jpg:large

Reading some Transformers and I'm starting to have a bad feeling about the Knights and Cyberutopia...

5 working as 1 and holding judgement etc over others? Since Transformers forget things over time due to their memory not holding up that well if they've been alive that long I wonder if the Knights actually are
the Quintesson
. I don't think finding them would be a good idea...

Edit: Newsarama interview with Percy about Green Arrow.

What are some good Avatar books aside from Gillen's Über?

New parody page:

They took a reasonable idea and turned it to shit so they could have a big fight and set things up for Hydra. It's a garbage event.
As for Carol, it's very similar. It started off reasonably well, then for the sake of drama they had her make nonsensical decisions that don't even fit the character.
It's very jarring to look at her solo series and then look at CW2 Carol. The hatred she got was also pretty dumb though. This is a universe where people regularly pull the dumbest shit.
Her decisions make complete sense within the text.
Same. I have never liked him.
I like the War Machine armor, but I never cared about him.
Jason Aaron tweeted with these images "It begins at the dawn of man. It ends with the Final Host.".
Has he been using the Phoenix saga as B-plot to a Thor book?

Actually, Phoenix has been prominent in some of his other shit, like Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine.
I feel like I'm the only guy who read and loved trilogy he did over the last year or two, but apparently not if they are letting him do more.

EDIT: Actually it was 4 parts, not a trilogy (5 parts if you count the annual).
I adored it. Trippy as fuck.

Good lord Facebook comments on Marvel posts are depressing. SJW this, SJW that. Fucking juvenile.
Superhero comics/movies fans complaining about SJWs will always be hilarious to me.

The irony must be too thick for them because most superhero characters would be characterized as SJWs themselves.
Jorge Jiménez really killing it lately for me with these covers... posted both of these high-res versions on his Twitter recently. The second one is such a strong evocation.
Really love the second one. I think Superman covers work best when it's Hey look how inspiring this hero is vs look how powerful he is!

Mindwipe

GAF's reaction to the Punisher taking over as War Machine puzzles me greatly given the shrugging shoulders to some of the really, really weird shit that Marvel has done to Rhodey over the last fifteen years, and the fact that bad people take Iron Man armours literally all the time.

Hell, Doom is a genocidal dictator and is Iron Man at the moment.

Newest "last ten years of X-Men" reading update - Abnett and Lanning's New Mutants run is great. Shame there's not much of it really.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
GAF's reaction to the Punisher taking over as War Machine puzzles me greatly given the shrugging shoulders to some of the really, really weird shit that Marvel has done to Rhodey over the last fifteen years, and the fact that bad people take Iron Man armours literally all the time.

Hell, Doom is a genocidal dictator and is Iron Man at the moment.
Isnt this only supposed to be one arc? Or was it yet again that 4chan rumor?

Mafro

I thought the post from a few pages back put it pretty well
Yes, let's kill off a respected Black Superhero and military Man in the dumbest way possible, and piss over his legacy by having every racist NRA members wet dream rake over his mantle.

Marvel is so fucking tone deaf.
Given the current political climate in 2017 it's not really hard to see why people find it to be in poor taste and tone deaf, and it's not really hard to see why some people don't have a problem with it either.

Isnt this only supposed to be one arc? Or was it yet again that 4chan rumor?
Infamous Iron Man is another one of those "ongoing" series that's finishing after 12 issues. No idea what Doom is going to be in after that but I think he absolutely should still have a solo series.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am talking about War Machine.
Doom is going on until at least next year since they are gonna release a Doom Vs Tony Stark Trade in February and Marvel regulary ties in their current boobs with classic reprints.

Mafro

Not been solicited past #12 and the synopsis sounded pretty final so I just assumed it was ending or being relaunched/renamed/folded into the main book when Tony comes back.

Superhero comics/movies fans complaining about SJWs will always be hilarious to me.

The irony must be too thick for them because most superhero characters would be characterized as SJWs themselves.

So true. Not quite as bad as when it happens with Trekkies (seriously, did you actually watch the shows?) but still pretty bad.

Messi

Doom is going on until at least next year since they are gonna release a Doom Vs Tony Stark Trade in February and Marvel regulary ties in their current boobs with classic reprints.

Hehe Boobs

I bet Doom Vs Stark happens in a different book or that book under a new name.

Fury451

Banned
I have a question about sales. I was discussing whether a books' issue to issue sales or trade sales are more important.

More and more I wait for trades, especially when I start a new series as I find that generally I enjoy a title more when the first arc is cohesive. Mother Panic for example- I didn't really like the first issue, but after taking a chance and getting the trade I really enjoyed it.

But does that impact whether or not a book gets continued? Obviously sales are important, but I guess what I'm asking is do companies only look at the month to month and decide, or do they wait to see how the trades fare before axing something?

I have a question about sales. I was discussing whether a books' issue to issue sales or trade sales are more important.

More and more I wait for trades, especially when I start a new series as I find that generally I enjoy a title more when the first arc is cohesive. Mother Panic for example- I didn't really like the first issue, but after taking a chance and getting the trade I really enjoyed it.

But does that impact whether or not a book gets continued? Obviously sales are important, but I guess what I'm asking is do companies only look at the month to month and decide, or do they wait to see how the trades fare before axing something?
Depends on if they got a scholastic deal like some Marvel books or if editorial/the higher ups want to see if sales will improve. Most of the recent Marvel books that ended at issue 6/7 were killed the moment Marvel got the numbers on how many had pre-ordered the issues which is around #2.

The writer of Runaways have asked all her twitter followers to pre-order her issues because the book is dead before the trade will come out.

caliph95

Marvel does have the best breasts, me personally I prefer DCs since they have PG

don't quote me on this but it seems monthly are in General besides outliers more important

ElNarez

Banned

a recent example: the Midnighter and Apollo mini from DC existed because of strong trade sales for the Midnighter solo series

trade sales, and a variety of other factors, play into the publishing of an ongoing, but obviously the big story is direct market sales of single issues

Messi

Depends on if they got a scholastic deal like some Marvel books or if editorial/the higher ups want to see if sales will improve. Most of the recent Marvel books that ended at issue 6/7 were killed the moment Marvel got the numbers on how many had pre-ordered the issues which is around #2.

The writer of Runaways have asked all her twitter followers to pre-order her issues because the book is dead before the trade will come out.

Wonder why she is begging for preorders on a mini that has a guaranteed 5 issues. He book is gonna be finished before the trade regardless.

Top Bottom