• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Vic_Viper

So it looks like Steve is going back to his classic costume.

Cap, Tony, and Odinson Thor will likely all be officially back to their normal roles by Spring along with others.

Dick's death was so dumb lol.

Grayson Died?!?

Thats a bummer about Odinson though, was looking forward to Jane Thor sticking around awhile longer. Maybe they both can be Thor!

Sandfox

Its really the worst time for Marvel fans. I hope it doesnt take 5 years until people are excited for Marvel stuff again.
Most likely everything is canceled or at <10k units then &#55357;&#56848;
I wouldn't worry too much about that though some books will be cancelled.

Right now it seems like Marvel is building towards that rumored relaunch with Avengers after the Legacy storylines bring the traditional core members back so we'll see what books make it through.

Grayson Died?!?

Thats a bummer about Odinson though, was looking forward to Jane Thor sticking around awhile longer. Maybe they both can be Thor!

https://thenerdistheword.co.uk/2013/05/01/the-stupidest-death-in-a-comic-ever-award-goes-to/

Dumbest death ever lol.

We'll see what happens with Jane.

Vic_Viper

Bummer about Young Animal. I hope they continue Doom Patrol atleast, but I would like to see Mother Panic continue also. Vertigo would be cool yes, but having them merge into the Rebirth line would work really well with the stories they could tell.

So far Marvel hasnt done anything to get me excited about the future. Cap is a plus but not enough. Doesnt seem like they really had much to announce which is a shame. The ending of Astonishing X-Men has me more excited than anything theyve announced at SDCC lol. Hope that really is
Professor X
!

I am excited for the new Star Wars Thrawn book though!

DC Metal, aside from the Snyder/Capullo event book seems like a waste imo. None of the books in the new line looks appealing in the slightest. I dont understand why they would take steam off of Rebirth to launch this new line.

Sandfox

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Wasp
Giant Man(the new one)
Black Panther
America Chavez

With Vision possibly

That would be my Avengers team

DFStOv-VYAIdRb7.jpg:large
Samnee posted the cover on twitter.

VanWinkle

Fantastic Four is my favorite Marvel team, so to see a not-even-subtle homage to that from DC, by Lemire, at a time when Marvel has given up on the FF, is beyond exciting.

Owzers

Fantastic Four is my favorite Marvel team, so to see a not-even-subtle homage to that from DC, by Lemire, at a time when Marvel has given up on the FF, is beyond exciting.
It's making me regret ditching paper comics since I won't be buying them day one digital. Or will I....

Owzers

True.

Oh, when did you ditch paper comics?

I stopped making DCBS orders about two-three months ago, i was down to 5-7 books a month and i didn't want to spend $7 shipping for that few. I buy Walking Dead and Deadly Class digitally, but i miss print and i did want to finish East of West in print, probably just going to wait for the last OHC to release and buy them all despite being up to issue 32. If digital weren't so expensive it wouldn't be a big deal but i refuse to spend $4-5 on a bunch of digital issues. No Dark Nights for me :(

VanWinkle

I stopped making DCBS orders about two-three months ago, i was down to 5-7 books a month and i didn't want to spend $7 shipping for that few. I buy Walking Dead and Deadly Class digitally, but i miss print and i did want to finish East of West in print, probably just going to wait for the last OHC to release and buy them all despite being up to issue 32. If digital weren't so expensive it wouldn't be a big deal but i refuse to spend $4-5 on a bunch of digital issues. No Dark Nights for me :(

:-( At least The Terrifics will be $3.

Malyse

I really enjoyed noble causes. It kind of meanders way down the line but it's fun soap opera cape books

If you like it also check out Dynamo 5. Same writer and I'd say his best work. Really great character dynamics and setups.

I can't imagine anything more insane than Noble Causes. Holy wow would that make one hell of a TV show.

Ross61

I think Silencer is gone, but DC will atleast give it an honest chance before cancelling it like the Rebirth books. If Damage can hit the ground running with crazy shit it might last longer.

I think Silencer is gone, but DC will atleast give it an honest chance before cancelling it like the Rebirth books. If Damage can hit the ground running with crazy shit it might last longer.

lol they're still publishing Cyborg and Hellblazer and Batgirl and the Birds of Prey where do you guys get this shit from jesus fucking christ

Malyse

Hey, now that Secret Empire is over halfway done (it's over halfway done, right? &#128549;) what kind of post game ramifications would you want to see?

I'm hoping that everything sort of falls apart and now one trusts anyone outside of their circle of friends, leading to a general uptick in crime as criminals take advantage of the discord to wreck untold havoc on the world.

Sandfox

Hey, now that Secret Empire is over halfway done (it's over halfway done, right? &#128549;) what kind of post game ramifications would you want to see?

I'm hoping that everything sort of falls apart and now one trusts anyone outside of their circle of friends, leading to a general uptick in crime as criminals take advantage of the discord to wreck untold havoc on the world.

Based on what we've heard it seems as though post-SE is supposed to be about unifying the heroes and repairing relationships after all the Hero vs Hero stuff. Generations seems to be part of that as well.

Wanderer5

Well after bit of a delay, looks like I be getting my Bishoujo Squirrel Girl this weekend, sweet.

And oh god I forgot about Dick's death in Injustice lmao.

Top Bottom