• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

8bit

Knows the Score
Thought I just saw a post somewhere stating Grant Morrison was working on Arkham Asylum 2, but can’t seem to find it now...

I havent even finished the first trade of SM/DP because it was boring

Did you meet Itsy-Bitsy? I thought she was an awesome creation.

I don't have time to explain but I am not happy AT ALL about this Young Animal news and it is FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Yeah, pretty sad. It's, like, the coolest imprint ever. Pretty much exactly what I'd want from comics. Speaking of Bug, Shade, and Doom Patrol specifically. But also just the vibrancy and wild creativity of the line in general. I have zero interest in any crossing over within the imprint or -gag- with the main DC line. Boo-Erns.

And, to continue my whining, I'm not happy about Lemire returning to superhero work. All the best stuff he does seems to be either indie slice of life, sci-fi, or fringe vertigo type stuff. He doesn't have a great batting average wrt corporate capes. I'd rather see him channel his energy other places. Go crazy on a Black Hammer universe or something.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Has anything interesting happened on the Marvel LIVE! stream? Almost everytime I tune in it's "we'll be back shortly", once it was some putting paper on their bodies to "cosplay", taking awful questions from the audience to give posters out, playing charades.

Oh yeah, one time it was an interview with someone I've never seen before.

Lee said he likes variant covers - "More covers, more work." But instead of variant covers, the first issues will launch with two covers in a three-fold gatefold, allowing an expanded vertical presentation unique to comic books.
That will be interesting to see.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Has anything interesting happened on the Marvel LIVE! stream? Almost everytime I tune in it's "we'll be back shortly", once it was some putting paper on their bodies to "cosplay", taking awful questions from the audience to give posters out, playing charades.

Its so depressing. But at least I got 6 One Shots, but I would trade them off against 50% of the Metal buzz

mreddie

They talked to the Black Eyed Peas.

So is Young Animal gonna do the crossover and jump to Vertigo where the DC tie in is no more?

A young fan asked a series of rapid fire questions about the JSA and how they might relate to Damage and Mr. Terrific, getting cagey answers. Venditti and Lemire told the fan that he's on the right track, but couldn't confirm the connections.
I'm guessing we will not get any more JSA news until winter or stuff that deals with Doomsday clock.

Ross61

I think YA just getting folded into Vertigo. Not DCU at large even though they're already set in the DCU. And DC's more concerned by the trade sells.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
From an interview with Jeff Lemire just published a few days ago:
Recently you stopped working for Marvel Comics, and now you’re working predominantly on creator-owned projects. Speaking with you, it’s clear that you love world-building and expanding these original concepts far beyond their initial pitches. Is that the best part of creator-owned work?

Absolutely. You’ve seen, over the past few months, my career shift towards almost completely creator-owned. I’ve dropped all of my Marvel stuff. There is a reason for that. I’ve reached a point in my career where I want to tell my own stories the way that I want to tell them. I don’t want to have to over explain everything or justify every decision that I make. I just want to tell the stories that I want to tell. Image allows us to do that. And I think Descender is a good example of that. We’ve created this massive world and now we’re free to play in it. We can do whatever we want. Like I said, we had an end in mind and we’re getting close to what we thought was the end but I kind of came up with this whole new direction and we were free to follow that and we didn’t have to pitch it or justify it. And it’s great to work with that kind of confidence. You can write what you want to write and feel good about it and know that it is going to be drawn and published that way. The freedom is hard to match.
Then new DC stuff is announced.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its really the worst time for Marvel fans. I hope it doesnt take 5 years until people are excited for Marvel stuff again.
Most likely everything is canceled or at <10k units then &#128528;

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Snyder laid it out a week ago, too.

"I think you guys will be surprised," Metal writer Scott Snyder told Newsarama of Duke Thomas' role. "We wanted to try something a little bit new with this one. It has echoes of [Robin], but it's actually something a little bit different that myself and the writer on Batman and a couple of the other writers came up with - a way of sort of spinning the mythology a bit. So we're really, really excited about it."

And according to Snyder, Duke's future will be handled by a newcomer writer - something that fits with Snyder's stint as a teacher for DC's Writers Program.

"I'd like [Duke] to be a character that we give someone new a chance on - you know, and I'll help with it," Snyder said. "But really try to take a risk with him and try something and see if there's room for somebody who has a different mission, different take, different things.

"You'll hear where we're headed with it at San Diego," Snyder said.

Top Bottom