• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

http://nearmintmerch.com/

They have some apparel based on Remender's books you can preorder until August 7th. I really like the long sleeve Black Science shirt.

These are pretty rad. I like quite basic t-shirt designs, smaller logas oppose to big ass pics. The kids of the black hole is great but not sure I could rock that shade of blue. I'd probably settle for the white one on the top right if I were to grab one.

Get the 6-issue Xombi series from Rossum and Irving. Or Given they're only 99 cents an issue, you can grab the whole WildCATS 3.0 run for $12, which is an interesting read.

Also, World's Funnest (Mr Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite jump through the multiverse ruining everything) and Doctor 13 (ZZZ-list heroes go up against *very* thinly veiled versions of the DC execs that have abandoned them) are about the same price if you're looking to maximize your BOGO and get a bit obscure and silly-fun meta. Or grab Flex Mentallo if you want some of that Morrison-ness in a small easy-to-buy run.
I love Flex, it's such a great little story and easy to reread. I'll take a look at some of the others, Wildcats was actually something I was already interested in. Was hoping to keep this order pretty cheap so... We'll see lol

Messi

Doesnt he have cancer?

It was rumoured I believe

This was him a year or two ago

4550414-fmhzczs.jpg

Now imagine getting 22 pages a month.

That's why I try my best to only read comics that have already ended. But I do sometimes just pick up a comic here and there when it looks cool and get sucked in. But I just stop when I finish everything that is out.

22 pages a month is tough. Although, the slower you read something the more you do savour it. But thats just not enough for me at all. I'm waiting for all those Rick Remender comics to fishing so I can start them. I did read quite a bit of Deadly Class though. It's incredible how many comics he is writing right now. I love his comics. Is his Venom series really good?

I'm thinking of one of these as my next target, Mind Mgmt, East of West, Prophet, Grayson, Omega Men, Doctor Strange runs of Aaron and Vaughn, or Superior Foes of Spiderman. Any of those really stand out to you?

I also need to start ordering them used, as its so much cheaper, but I just get impatient, with Prime you can just get it the next day, and when you're in the middle of something good its hard to wait. But man, its much cheaper.

Boogiepop

JLD was awesome though. Well, Lemire and Milligan. DeMatteis...what did you do?

I have never been happier.

There was only three of them and that episode was horrifying.

I like Birds of Prey. Quite a bit.

I really enjoyed Simone's take.

The first arc of Titans might be rough if you're not interested in Wally West, because the entire thing is about him. I am, however, so I really enjoyed it.

Superman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Green Arrow

All hot fire. I've also been digging:

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Titans
Supergirl
JLA

I couldn't stand GLs. At least the first arc. I bailed four issues in. Everyone here says it's gotten a lot better, but I've been burned before

Superman.

Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Superman go from there.

All-Star Batman

Awesome, thanks guys!

Time Runs Out is the first time I’ve felt that New Avengers and Avengers are actually books that compliment each other. Loving the time jump and everything with this arc so far.

He still wrote one of the last great Batman books I've read. His stuff is a mixed bag to terrible, but I don't mind picking up his new stuff to take a look.
The fact it's a OGN is good as well since his latest work in issues have been really delayed over time.

I dropped out of comics for a few months and it feels like I'm struggling to motivate myself to jump back into the humongous backlog. Can anyone point me to a recent DC or Marvel comic that'll hook me right back?

Already have it all in physical trades~
Then go buck wild. Keep in mind that the final volume of Earth 2 (Vol. 6, I think) is just tie-ins for Earth 2 giving background to events and characters. I highly recommend reading it. I read it before World's End without knowing that, but it helped.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I really want to see the Infinity War footage, but it deserves better than potato quality

Like, do people record this shit on phones from 2005?

Tom King's spotlight panel at SDCC.

But he says that he plans to borrow some of Kirby's tricks for his run like starting and closing each issue with Kirby's own words.

King asks the crowd if they've read Watchmen and tells them a story about meeting Dave Gibbons in which Gibbons joked that he gives King the 9 panel grid.
What Marvel characters do you want to write?

King says that he doesn't really care. But he'd love to write the Fantastic Four.

Top Bottom