• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Wanderer5

Pretty cool poster.

DFYizNyVwAEmCzG.jpg

Malyse

I like the theory that Captain Marvel will get tossed to present day via the Time Gem, thus explaining her absence for the past 20+ years.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tessa Thompson looks great in Ragnarok! She's come a long way from being the annoying new girl in Veronica Mars season 3. Come to think of it Veronica Mars is also where I was first introduced to Jessica Jones. Now the MCU just needs to cast Kristen Bell!

It's a tad more intimidating, hah.

And holy shit did I just see B'Wana Beast in the Legends of Tomorrow season 3 trailer?!
I think I just won Comic-Con.

What Tim wants. Tim gets! I really loved the Legends, Arrow trailers. Supergirl is pretty interesting. I don't know what's up with flash.

Beta Ray Bill would be the perfect cameo.
That would be the best. Also include Hulks Planet hulk crew

mreddie

That JL trailer...

"Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people, he made them see the best of themselves."

YOU SPENT A WHOLE MOVIE MAKING HIM THE BAD GUY!

So, as I'm keeping updated on trailers (Thor was fucking aces), I've been catching up on Secret Empire...

I honestly enjoy this event. Far more than CW2. CW2 was a simple failed rehash with amazing art that was decent at best. This is its own thing that's gone completely off the rails. I really enjoy it.

I take issue with some key points of SE.
Namely the treatment of Scott when he's revealed to be the mole. They found his daughter, and Sam has the sheer audacity to call him spineless? Fuck. Off. Sam.
My second one...and this has become the most interesting...
is Banner. I don't have much of a theory. Hypothesis. Nothing. He's speaking in 1610 lettering. My only guess is that they revived the wrong Banner, meaning they somehow acquired the corpse of 1610 Banner. I honestly don't know what else to say. It's the only thing that makes sense on any level. Banner doesn't make any direct address to how he was murdered. Just that it was "the best sleep he ever had," when he was dead. He also talks about how he feels like he just woke up and the world got dumber. Again, no direct reference, just a general acknowledgement that he was killed by a fellow hero. But how did they get access to him? That's the big question.

Malyse

That JL trailer...

"Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people, he made them see the best of themselves."

YOU SPENT A WHOLE MOVIE MAKING HIM THE BAD GUY!

I'm more convinced than ever that the DCEU wants to ignore everything before WW.

So I'm starting to catch up on D.C. Rebirth. Finished first arc of Batman and enjoyed it. Went to Nightwing and remembered I hadn't finished catching up on Grayson which was before it. So now I'm reading the last of that. It's a fun book.

I've decided to take a break from my MU reading for a while. It felt too much like a chore and the small bursts of time to read it ended up being all marvel. It's time to catch up on D.C. And image comics!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Well SDCC has been useless from a comics perspective but has delivered on the trailers.

RCCC will probably be better for me personally.

Not sure what to buy during the DC sale. I'm thinking of grabbing the rest of Sandman Mystery Theatre since DC just gave up on putting out the reprints. Might just go for something cheaper like Egypt by Milligan though.

Not sure what to buy during the DC sale. I'm thinking of grabbing the rest of Sandman Mystery Theatre since DC just gave up on putting out the reprints. Might just go for something cheaper like Egypt by Milligan though.

Only big two stuff I bought was Rucka's Punisher run. It wasn't on sale but I was tired of waiting.

Wanderer5

Think I'll look through IDW stuff again. Probably just get the first volume of ROM (code doesn't work for the second volume).

It may all just be rehashed stuff from what we've already seen. The extra parts for the Punisher statue was a surprise, though.

Yeah probably, through maybe they shown a early render or such with DRS Storm.

Get the 6-issue Xombi series from Rossum and Irving. Or Given they're only 99 cents an issue, you can grab the whole WildCATS 3.0 run for $12, which is an interesting read.

Also, World's Funnest (Mr Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite jump through the multiverse ruining everything) and Doctor 13 (ZZZ-list heroes go up against *very* thinly veiled versions of the DC execs that have abandoned them) are about the same price if you're looking to maximize your BOGO and get a bit obscure and silly-fun meta. Or grab Flex Mentallo if you want some of that Morrison-ness in a small easy-to-buy run.

Wanderer5

Well SDCC has been useless from a comics perspective but has delivered on the trailers.

RCCC will probably be better for me personally.

I think least DC had some cool stuff. Grant Morrison announcing both a follow up to Arkham Asylum and Wonder Woman Earth One was definitely a highlight for me. WW Earth One Vol 2 was bound to happen, but damn at Arkham Asylum 2.

Top Bottom