• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I loved these. We had a whole bunch of Marvel and Disney ones and while probably nothing on a lot of the figurines you guys purchase, as a nice not too expensive collectable, they were nice and chunky with good build and a cute style. The worst thing about the game ending was no more figures, not the game being cancelled lol.

I completly agree. I am still buying these since they are more or less now on clearence, but I would have loved to get more on a regular basis.

I completly agree. I am still buying these since they are more or less now on clearence, but I would have loved to get more on a regular basis.

There's definitely a few Marvel we never got that I'd love to get, they look great on the comic shelf and so on around the house. If only they had released the Spider Gwen figure :(:(:(

Wanderer5

I never really did collect a couple more of them that I had my eyes on heh. I only have like 4, which are Donald, Nick from Zootopia, Quorra, and Kylo Ren (with light fx).

There was a Spider-Gwen... D: I only knew about Doctor Strange

Ah dude, I'm so sorry
bo16t0ztj1cu1eycbxrp.png

The pain!T_T

Haha right :( I was just going through my box of them there, the Rocket and Gamora figures were really great. Honestly they did a great job of most of them, there were few I was disappointed by. The game just never got there though Imo the campaigns were so basic with lego marvel heroes out there at the same time, and toyboy was fun but ran like ass even on Ps4.

Wanderer5

Haha right :( I was just going through my box of them there, the Rocket and Gamora figures were really great. Honestly they did a great job of most of them, there were few I was disappointed by. The game just never got there though Imo the campaigns were so basic with lego marvel heroes out there at the same time, and toyboy was fun but ran like ass even on Ps4.

I never really did check out the games actually beyond the F2P version on PC (for 2.0). Probably would had enjoyed it a lot, but never came through with it.

DOC SHANER Joins DC's THE TERRIFICS
Evan "Doc" Shaner has come forward as a second artist on DC's just-announced The Terrifics title for the "Dark Matter" line. Ivan Reis is schedued to draw the first arc, followed by Shaner.

From another panel:
King joked about making the mistake of trying to out drink Dan DiDio and wound up landing Mister Miracle as a result.

There's a Darkseid Easter egg in the first issue of Mister Miracle.

King had a strange philosophical conversation with a friend of his about Darkseid. "Somewhere out there, Darkseid is - and he's gonna haunt this world."

I never really did check out the games actually beyond the F2P version on PC (for 2.0). Probably would had enjoyed it a lot, but never came through with it.

See in that context, I think I would have enjoyed them a lot more haha! I actually liked the first a fair bit in honesty, the Pirates campaign and Monsters Inc were quite fun, but I really found the second game a struggle. I imagine the toybox would have ran a million times better on PC though, which would have been awesome. It was a great little toolset!

That's fair. I think that, if you know somebody close who deals heavily with anxiety and depression, you can relate to the Cruz character a lot better as well as her interactions with Simon. If you don't, then it would just be annoying. Not to say that itself is the only deciding factor, but I do think it is one.
I liked the ideas, but I couldn't bear to actually read it. I also I hated the backtracking on Bleez.
Haha okay, I'm with you (I get there eventually). That stuff definitely gets out there, I thought the Arthurian stuff came from nowhere back when I first read them, totally through me for a loop and all the stuff to do with the house of the fly, or Ed Grey and the faerie folk etc and the more random elements don't necessarily mean much til later on.

What's always fun about the books though is that even if you're confused or don't know what's going on, it's 99% likely Hellboy doesn't either so the plot kind of gets away with it's more opaque elements. You always really feel on par with HB and he kind of doesn't even want anything to do with the more batshit stuff, it just keeps finding him
Yeah it feels very opaque, but every time I read more of the universe I learn a little more and get lost a lot more. It's a strangely addictive journey. The Dark Souls of comics.
Ugh, I bought a Green Lanterns mini series called rebirth instead of the first volume of rebirth Green Lanterns. Stupid comics. So I'll give rebirth GL a try and also New Superman.
Pretty sure you bough the first arc of Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run. Great stuff.

Yeah it feels very opaque, but every time I read more of the universe I learn a little more and get lost a lot more. It's a strangely addictive journey. The Dark Souls of comics.

Haha that's a hilarious/perfect way to describe it really. Once you dig into the side books etc it goes even further haha

JLD with Etrigan :D oh man!

I don't go to bleeding cool. So no I didn't.

Retailers will get free Harley comics to celebrate her 25th anniversary. Also,
Conner described Harley Quinn's sexuality as "in love with love," and said that she is fiercely loyal to the people she loves, be they romantic or platonic. "It only makes sense," said Conner of Harley's bisexuality. "The Joker is her obsession, but Ivy is her rock."

Started reading Perez's WW omnibus. #1 Was hype! Especially the part about the flashing thunder.
That panel with the gun comes out of nowhere. I wonder who the warrior that died and carried the mantle before was. Hopefully it is a plot point in this run and not some retconning I don't know about.

Edit: Checked the wiki, looks like a future plot point. Maybe I shouldn't have spoiled myself but I needed to know...

Wanderer5

Midnighter? Poor Tim will have a stroke at this rate.

Also is that the freakin' Anti-Monitor just to the right of Black Lightning? Although now we're getting Flashpoint, a Crisis seems inevitable.

Yep, that is him alright.

Wonder who is the one right of him, looking like they are in the way background with the smoke.

Edit: Wait, maybe that is Metron back there!

Top Bottom