• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

tim1138

Yep, that is him alright.

Wonder who is the one right of him, looking like they are in the way background with the smoke.

Edit: Wait, maybe that is Metron back there!

From left to right:

Mr Miracle, Dr Fate, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Bane, Larfleeze, Black Lightning, ???, Black Canary, Scarecrow, Anti-Monitor, ???, Metron, Boomerang, Katana, Bumblebee, Spectre, the Atom, Zatanna, Mera, Indigo-1, Constantine, Hawkman, Reverse Flash, Doomsday, Supergirl, Batgirl, Black Adam, Green Arrow, Guy Gardner, Shazam, MIDNIGHTER!!!, Darkseid, Deathstroke.

Wanderer5

From left to right:

Mr Miracle, Dr Fate, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Bane, Larfleeze, Black Lightning, ???, Black Canary, Scarecrow, Anti-Monitor, ???, Metron, Boomerang, Katana, Bumblebee, Spectre, the Atom, Zatanna, Mera, Indigo-1, Constantine, Hawkman, Reverse Flash, Doomsday, Supergirl, Batgirl, Black Adam, Green Arrow, Guy Gardner, Shazam, MIDNIGHTER!!!, Darkseid, Deathstroke.

I think that might be Huntress with her crossbow next to Anti-Monitor. Not sure who is above Black Lightning and Canary.

Wanderer5

Yeah would be nice to see a clean version posted up.

Also, I think that is actually Mr. Freeze that you're referring to as Blue Beetle.

That feel when you order a full series from IST in two separate orders, and the box with the first half gets misrouted so you receive the latter half first.

9ad.gif

shingi70

Banned
It's insane unless they aim to fix all their fuckups with MoS, BVS and SS. I would love a revived Zod and a Batman with a moral code.

Eh, Keep Zod dead and just bring back Faora and the others from the Phantom Zone.

My guess is flashpoint is going to be like civil war where it's mostly the name and general idea.

I'd rather have a flash vs the rouges movie compared to a $100 million dollar what if story.

Sandfox

Iron Fists #1:
I just finished reading and I'm definitely going to continue. The art is pretty unique in a way that looks weird in some daily life scenes, but creates some interesting fight scenes. It definitely grows on you as the issue progresses though. The conflict in the story deals with some really realistic stuff in their every day life, while the hero side is allowed to go crazy. This was probably the most accurate portrayal of bullying I have seen in a modern cape comic. One negative is that I feel the hero scenes weren't as good as the civilian scenes, but I think that will change as the story ramps up. I liked Danny's portrayal in the book and Andrews did a good job with Pei.

Malyse

Iron Fists #1:
I just finished reading and I'm definitely going to continue. The art is pretty unique in a way that looks weird in some daily life scenes, but creates some interesting fight scenes. It definitely grows on you as the issue progresses though. The conflict in the story deals with some really realistic stuff in their every day life, while the hero side is allowed to go crazy. This was probably the most accurate portrayal of bullying I have seen in a modern cape comic. One negative is that I feel the hero scenes weren't as good as the civilian scenes, but I think that will change as the story ramps up. I liked Danny's portrayal in the book and Andrews did a good job with Pei.
I hadn't read it when I said to cancel S2 and make Iron Fists.

Now that I've read it, my opinion is fucking cancel S2 and make Iron Fists. Do what you have to in Defenders and put Pei in play asap.

Sandfox

Marvel revealed new Chinese heroes by Chinese creators "infusing their own background" in response to their current lineup of Asian heroes being seen as sterotypes by fans:

They will release in Chinese and Mandarin first with an English release coming later.

Hickman’s Avengers 29-34 is the first arc that I actually liked from the comic. New Avengers is still amazing the whole way through but yeah. Liking where things are heading.

Malyse

Marvel revealed new new Chinese heroes by Chinese creators "infusing their own background" in response to their current lineup of Asian heroes being seen as sterotypes by fans:

They will release in Chinese and Mandarin first with an English release coming later.
Sounds like a more interesting way to penetrate the market than New Super-Man

May I ask what you didn't like about the Avengers stuff before #29?

Mainly just don’t like any of the characters. I can’t stand Cap and I find the rest of the crew underdeveloped. #29 broke it down to a smaller group of core characters, and while it focused on Cap it made sense. New Avengers by comparison has three of my fave characters all the time and I love the implications of all their work.

Marvel revealed new Chinese heroes by Chinese creators "infusing their own background" in response to their current lineup of Asian heroes being seen as sterotypes by fans:

Feels like they saw New Superman and took the idea a step further.

Aizo

Banned
I love Wally West as The Flash, although I haven't read TOO much of his stuff as Kid Flash (that should change in a couple of months when the New Teen Titans Omni reprint comes out).
New Teen Titans by Perez and Wolfman? Wally is hardly in that hahah.

Sandfox

I hadn't read it when I said to cancel S2 and make Iron Fists.

Now that I've read it, my opinion is fucking cancel S2 and make Iron Fists. Do what you have to in Defenders and put Pei in play asap.
I think this story would be an interesting status quo for Danny, but the ongoing(which I like) is doing something different.

Top Bottom