• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
giphy.webp

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

-----------

Finished Deadly Class Vol 1 yesterday after finally getting around to reading it. Amazing book, plan on binging Vol 2 later.

Anyway, hi.

dh4niel

Read Secret Empire #6 yesterday. It's almost starting to get interesting, almost. I just want it and the aftermath to be over already. Waaay to many infighting events.

Yea haha thats Nimue, she's the main antagonist in the upcoming movie reboot so that makes sense. Love that they got the crown on there

It's been awhile since I've read Hellboy, and when I did it was so inconsistent that I was honestly confused by what I was reading. I have to go back to it when I can.

Haha good timing on the Abe pickup :D The Fiumaras do some amazing work in there. Have you read the Abe mini from back in the day, The Drowning?

I have not, so this is all new to me. Looking forward to reading it. I don't think I'll be done before BPRD this week lol

I didn't know there was a two-part story by Arcudi and Harren either. That's gonna be awesome.

It's been awhile since I've read Hellboy, and when I did it was so inconsistent that I was honestly confused by what I was reading. I have to go back to it when I can.

It's good stuff dude. Sounds like you're reading it the way it was released haha

I have not, so this is all new to me. Looking forward to reading it. I don't think I'll be done before BPRD this week lol

I didn't know there was a two-part story by Arcudi and Harren either. That's gonna be awesome.

Oh yea, that story is pretty wicked actually, Harren is totally off the leash for that haha. There's actually an origin story for a character in that volume that you might not expect... it's all great imo looking forward to your thoughts. I really enjoyed the main ongoing as a compliment to HoE

To the person that said Bakugo was a Sasuke knockoff, that title goes to Todoroki. Except Todoroki got over his family issues real quick instead of having an entire run devoted to him holding grudges until the very last chapter.

I am impossibly excited for Defenders you guys.

You have no idea.

I was reading the LEs. Something about Mignola's writing is very abstract, and I think that was my issue at the time.

Oh wait haha sorry my bad, I read that as you saying your actual reading of it was inconsistent, like large gaps between issues. I appreciate what you're saying. I really love Mignola but I do see what you mean. I think of his writing style and wording as very succinct and in tune with the art to tell the story but if your not on his wavelength I get that it could read as that strange alien thing. Some of the actual plot happenings are genuinely bizarre too lol especially in the short stories. How far did you get?

Oh wait haha sorry my bad, I read that as you saying your actual reading of it was inconsistent, like large gaps between issues. I appreciate what you're saying. I really love Mignola but I do see what you mean. I think of his writing style and wording as very succinct and in tune with the art to tell the story but if your not on his wavelength I get that it could read as that strange alien thing. Some of the actual plot happenings are genuinely bizarre too lol especially in the short stories. How far did you get?
I read all 6 Hellboy LEs. You weren't wrong. I did read the LEs with big spaces in between. It's why I need to reread it. I really liked it, but fuck me if I understood the overall plot. I didn't. Not until the very end. King Arthur shit got wacky.

VanWinkle

The first arc of Titans might be rough if you're not interested in Wally West, because the entire thing is about him. I am, however, so I really enjoyed it.

I love Wally West as The Flash, although I haven't read TOO much of his stuff as Kid Flash (that should change in a couple of months when the New Teen Titans Omni reprint comes out).

I couldn't stand GLs. At least the first arc. I bailed four issues in. Everyone here says it's gotten a lot better, but I've been burned before

That's fair. I think that, if you know somebody close who deals heavily with anxiety and depression, you can relate to the Cruz character a lot better as well as her interactions with Simon. If you don't, then it would just be annoying. Not to say that itself is the only deciding factor, but I do think it is one.

I read all 6 Hellboy LEs. You weren't wrong. I did read the LEs with big spaces in between. It's why I need to reread it. I really liked it, but fuck me if I understood the overall plot. I didn't. Not until the very end. King Arthur shit got wacky.

Haha okay, I'm with you (I get there eventually). That stuff definitely gets out there, I thought the Arthurian stuff came from nowhere back when I first read them, totally through me for a loop and all the stuff to do with the house of the fly, or Ed Grey and the faerie folk etc and the more random elements don't necessarily mean much til later on.

What's always fun about the books though is that even if you're confused or don't know what's going on, it's 99% likely Hellboy doesn't either so the plot kind of gets away with it's more opaque elements. You always really feel on par with HB and he kind of doesn't even want anything to do with the more batshit stuff, it just keeps finding him

Ugh, I bought a Green Lanterns mini series called rebirth instead of the first volume of rebirth Green Lanterns. Stupid comics. So I'll give rebirth GL a try and also New Superman.

Quorra won.

I loved these. We had a whole bunch of Marvel and Disney ones and while probably nothing on a lot of the figurines you guys purchase, as a nice not too expensive collectable, they were nice and chunky with good build and a cute style. The worst thing about the game ending was no more figures, not the game being cancelled lol.

Top Bottom