• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Sandfox

So a lot of the Marvel books that we thought were going to be cancelled soon are going to be continuing for a while. I wonder how long the leash for these books is because people assuming that books aren't going to last long is something that Marvel has an issue with as well.

Has Owlman already showed up again on Earth Prime? Or the Comedian or Mrs Jupiter?
Owlman is dead for as far as we know, but it was Johns who did it so we'll see. He could b coming back in the next few months.

OK, now I know that I made a grand mistake not yet reading this masterwork.
It's a good book.

Messi

She appeared in Champions and Hawkeye off the top of my head. Nobody can write her like Hastings though.

Hastings is the only one who gets her.

I absolutely loved this scene
uqydI61.jpg

lmf4L2R.jpg

I love that she continues to have animal backpacks too

Didn’t know Joe and Ed were done with the Spidey/Deadpool book. Just finished up the last issue. What a bummer, easily the best Marvel book I’ve read since Nova.

Superflat

Always cool to see Gwenpool awareness going on in here :O

Biased because it's my entry point into comics, but issues 16 and 17 were so. damn. good.

I'm looking at picking up the (New 52) Justice League. Good choice? Bad?

Malyse

Has Gwenpool ever teamed up with someone outside of her own book and has she used her 4th wall superpowers there?

She was in Rocket and Groot and terrible.
She was in Champions are SUPER TERRIBLE.
She appeared in Champions and Hawkeye off the top of my head. Nobody can write her like Hastings though.

No, Hawkeye shows up in her book.

The thing people seem to miss is that Gwen is still 100% a normal person playing GTA. She's not particularly crazy or anything, she just absolutely doesn't care about the consequences of her actions. This is just a kick ass video game and she's an avatar of chaos. People think she's girl Deadpool and that's absolutely what she isn't. She doesn't even *like* Deadpool because she thinks he's LOL MEMES.

Sandfox

She was in Rocket and Groot and terrible.
She was in Champions are SUPER TERRIBLE.

No, Hawkeye shows up in her book.

The thing people seem to miss is that Gwen is still 100% a normal person playing GTA. She's not particularly crazy or anything, she just absolutely doesn't care about the consequences of her actions. This is just a kick ass video game and she's an avatar of chaos. People think she's girl Deadpool and that's absolutely what she isn't. She doesn't even *like* Deadpool because she thinks he's LOL MEMES.

I actually do consider her to be "girl Deadpool" for the reason I posted a few posts back.

Malyse

She was a psychotic comic nerd in the Champions issue.

And that's not Gwen. She knows and understands the tropes.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/T7G0HqA.jpg[/IMG]

Also, fuck you guys. Now I'm reading all of Gwenpool again and I had other things I wanted to do today.
I actually do consider her to be "girl Deadpool" for the reason I posted a few posts back.

Girl Deadpool a la LOL MEMES.

Phamit

Jesus, that Clone Conspiracy Book has a terrible format. There is a reading order, but the book isn't in the reading order, so you have to jump trough the book to find the right chapter

Jesus, that Clone Conspiracy Book has a terrible format. There is a reading order, but the book isn't in the reading order, so you have to jump trough the book to find the right chapter

It also ruined Ben Reilly and Octavius' character development. Superior Octopus, really?

Wanderer5

Heh, on my weekend trip with family, and I noticed earlier that my younger cousins were starting to watch Batman the Animated Series on amazon prime. Ended up quite smiling at that.

Odd that you have only read one book since Nova.

Messi pls Marvel comics are really not my thing usually. Only current books I’m keeping up with Marvel wise are Black Panther, Spidey/Deadpool, and Nova. Always preferred DC which I thought you’d understand!

Now to be fair Punisher MAX went down as one of my fave comics ever. But yeah.

Finished catching up with King’s Batman too which is still great. Hyped for War of Jokes and Riddles. Should be good. Catching up on Transformers Lost Light next.

I'm two issues behind on Seven to Eternity. Is it worth catching up on?

Plowing through Black Science this weekend. Tried to read it a couple times before but it didn't click for some reason. The early issues can be confusing when trying to read it monthly. Up to #24 now and really enjoying the book.

Gwenpool doesn't do anything for me outside of Gurihiru's art. She's basically Deadpool but the comic felt like it wanted to be like Squirrel Girl tonally, and it made for an awkward read for me. I thought the emotional beats kind of fell on their face because of that. Some of the quips and dialogue ("Come at me RO-BRO") were kinda... not good either. I think I'd be better off just reading Deadpool again if I wanted a character like that.

Owzers

Don't you have MU?
Not at the moment, I might sub the next annual sale but I bought mockingbird and only care about gwenpool, might wait for a digital sale...issues I haven't read of gwenpool aren't up on MU yet anyways. Last time I had MU for a month I read five issues of civil war 2 and barely survived.

It's worth noting that part of Gwenpool's issues stem from the fact that she doesn't really see non-major denizens of the Marvel Universe as people. They play tthe rest up as laughs, but in-universe, that's supposed to be the "Oh" of her character.

Bendis is supposed to be introducing an actual love interest for Miles this summer.

Just have him date Bombshell or whatever. She only exists in his comic anyways.

Top Bottom