• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yeah, they are super huge. The Invisibles omnibus is about the biggest book I've ever seen, I dunno how one could even read it.
According to Amazon the Wolvie and the X-Men omni is 936 pages and weighs 6lbs, so yeah.

I think I might be purchasing Colossal Conan, Big Damn Sin City, and The Invisibles omnibus this year...
That's like 4200 pages and 30 pounds of books right there in three books. The best part is since Conan and Sin City are Absolute sized, I could make a nice massive omnibus sandwich with The Invisibles in the middle.
I know, I'm crazy. I do like giant omnibuses though.

Yep, that's why they're dumb.

Much like bingewatching tv, I have the unpopular opinion that churning through that many issues that quickly devalues the artform as well. IMO comics are structured into issues and arcs and are best digested that way. Read an issue. Stop. Have a think about it. Or read a trade. Stop. Think about it.

Why's everyone gotta rush so much these days?

When I was reading the X-Statix omnibus, I actually went through it slower than I typically go through comics. It's mostly just nice to have everything in one place (and usually for a better value than a lot of TPBs).

Messi

I've never read a damn thing on the toilet

I don't see how ya'll niggas do it. Are ya'll like taking a vacation or a picnic in there? Get in, get out, should take you a couple minutes.

Yeah, we're having this conversation in COMICSGAF

You should read nonsensis Catwoman on the loo and complete the cycle

I don't see how ya'll niggas do it. Are ya'll like taking a vacation or a picnic in there? Get in, get out, should take you a couple minutes.

+1 for pro toilet reading. I like to take my sweet time with it. I can easily get two issues in.

Superman 29 spoiler:
The daemonites are back.
Just when I was talking about how DC dropped that particular thread!!

Edit: but it's still Scott Lobdel so avoid buying it (as if you all needed that warning :-v )

Toa TAK

Banned
WOW

That just happened. But it felt good, though, strangely.

Bring on Superior Spider-Man's finale. I, too, am ready to let go.

Messi

Just finished reading Catwoman #29. Its readable and understandable without having to follow any insane logic. The standard Selina larceny story competently told and stays within very safe Catwoman tropes which is nice considering the leaps of character we usually are asked to deal with. Given more time I'm sure Sholly Fisch could craft a decent Catwoman story. Shame this seems to be a once off. Catwomans head really bothers me when she has a mask on she looks totally redicilous.

Its sad that I'm left complementing a book on its ability to play by the rules of a character.

Man, I so wanted All-Out War to be good.

Now I just want it to be over. All this drawn-out, disjointed story has done is reveal just how out of ideas Kirkman is for this book. I hope the end is a big board wipe so we can start something fresh.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I've never read a comic on the shitter.

Not bout that toilet comic reading life fam.

Stop frontin'. Like none of you guys have ever read a floppy while dropping a deuce. Messi, your Noncenti books that you cherish are deucedrop-material through and through.

Toa TAK

Banned

Dude, I read the last two chapters of Watchmen on the toilet. It was pretty much the best dump I ever took.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This thread is so weird.

Haha, yeap. It's good though. It's healthy and natural to discuss these important issues. About as healthy and natural as reading comics on the crapper.

Dude, I read the last two chapters of Watchmen on the toilet. It was pretty much the best dump I ever took.
Mmmm, smooth and flat, just like I like my crotches
Stop frontin'. Like none of you guys have ever read a floppy while dropping a deuce. Messi, your Noncenti books that you cherish are deucedrop-material through and through.
+1 for pro toilet reading. I like to take my sweet time with it. I can easily get two issues in.

9dVZG.gif

Filthy Slug

Fuck, I may pick up that Manapul and Boochawhatever Detective issue. They get one more chance as a "team"...and by team, I mean the great Manapul and that other guy who writes boring shit in boring ways.

Bathroom's the place where annoying family and roommates won't follow. Sublime.

Filthy Slug

I'm just glad it's not like the Arrow thread, that place is the stuff of nightmares.

Oh lord--I can only imagine. I gotta say, those Arrow ads in the DC floppies every week are super awful and goofy. It's just dudes with their shirts off staring pseudo-sexily. It's hilarious to juxtapose classic comic Ollie with shirt-off-abs,yo tv Ollie.

Oh lord--I can only imagine. I gotta say, those Arrow ads in the DC floppies every week are super awful and goofy. It's just dudes with their shirts off staring pseudo-sexily. It's hilarious to juxtapose classic comic Ollie with shirt-off-abs,yo tv Ollie.

I love the Roy one because of the dead look in his eyes. You call tell he doesn't want to be there.

tim1138

There are ads in comics?
That digital advantage!

Dysun

Someone spoil the end of Spidey.

Spock gives up to Peter when he realizes he can't save Anna Maria, Peter suits up as the last page.
Norman probably isn't the Green Goblin as some thought, we never saw his face this whole run. Liz Allan might be involved, or impersonating him. She pulls out his mask randomly

tim1138

Spock gives up to Peter when he realizes he can't save Anna Maria, Peter suits up as the last page.
Norman probably isn't the Green Goblin as some thought, we never saw his face this whole run. Liz Allan might be involved, or impersonating him. She pulls out his mask randomly

When does Amazing come back?

Hahaha,, I do read on the toilet,, I never accomplish much besides hiding in there to get thru a floppy or two. Its kinda become my shower ritual.. part of the 3 "S's". ahaha.

.... then I get bitched at for taking too damn long. lol

I'm going to miss Otto's badass Spider-Man costumes. Pete's in need of an update.

Sadist

Superior Spider-Man #30

Yay! He's back!

But I have to give Otto some credit here; for a former villain hell bent on proving he can be a hero, he admits he's not good enough. And he really loved Anna-Maria, that's some sad stuff man. Still, seeing the original red and blue back gets me tingly. Also, Jonah is totally fucked. The destruction on New York will be pinned on him. And Miss Allen, what have you been hiding? :D

Though, I can't imagine how Peter will explain everything to the Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom