• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaspora

Of course there is. She's a kid. Kids act without thinking things through. And now that
she knows her future (well, the old one before Hank fucked the space-time continuum into oblivion)
, there's nothing to stop her
from using advanced abilities that she didn't previously develop until she was considerably more mature
. It's like giving a shotgun to an eight year-old.

I'm still curious as to how
she can get off thinking she can can just give orders to Warren to do anything. Then proceed to force him, that was near villain-Magneto level shit. She's hardly the only psychic thrown into an exceedingly fucked up situation.

I'm still curious as to how
she can get off thinking she can can just give orders to Warren to do anything. Then proceed to force him, that was near villain-Magneto level shit. She's hardly the only psychic thrown into an exceedingly fucked up situation.

I have to admit, I like the story implications
for evil Jean.
She just totally
mind-jacked Warren like it was nothing

May OP! Awesome job Spike.

Superior Spider-Man #9: So, I liked the issue and
besides the obvious that Peter is gone, does this mean Otto can no longer access Peter's memories?

All-New X-Men #11:
The tug of war with Angel was pretty entertaining, I wish the present Angel would of had a say in the matter. The story transition was so weird, suddenly the Blackbird.

Hawkeye #10:
Kazi is interesting and
Francavilla is Fantastic

diaspora

I have to admit, I like the story implications
for evil Jean.
She just totally
mind-jacked Warren like it was nothing

Me too! Especially how
unapologetic she was about it, even acting bewildered that they'd even suggest that her course of action was wrong.
Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but is Magneto
getting stronger? He tossed Wolverine like a doll, but struggled to throw a few arrows a few issues ago.

edit: Page 9 of ANXM,
dem villain eyes.

tumblr_mm4saki5jN1r317y8o3_1280.jpg

They're coming. *cries*

Got shorted on Green Arrow, so I'll try my luck tomorrow.

ANXM #11:
Thank you Cuckoos for putting Jean in her place because she's really power-tripping for sure. Love what's being set up for sure though. This book is so much fun.

Hawkeye #10: Just re-read, so much awesome.

Mafro

Age of Ultron 7
Was the failed future attack last issue the end of that plot thread? Quite the waste of time if so. That aside, Stark Ultron looks pretty creepy

Hawkguy 10
Another great issue
Yeah I think it was implied that they all died in that future attack, so that plan failed massively. This is probably the first issue I felt was a waste of time, the fight with the defenders didn't need to take up half the issue.

histopher

Superior Spidey :
Was the intention that peters memories were destroyed for good? So even if he comes back he won't remember any of life?

Anyone know a few of the best Green Arrow comics?
disliked the character until Arrow and im thinking of looking into a few now.

Arrow is based on Mark Grells run on the book. Start with Longbow hunters and then track down his Green Arrow series from the 90s

Quiver and a A sound of thunder by kevin smith are good but more steeped in the DCU as is Brad Meltzers archers quest

ReiGun

Francavilla doing God's work in Hawkguy this month. Lawd I love that man's art.

Earth 2 and Aquaman are probably my favorite books DC is putting out.

Francavilla doing God's work in Hawkguy this month. Lawd I love that man's art.

Earth 2 and Aquaman are probably my favorite books DC is putting out.

Francavilla is on Batwoman next month, right?

This is what I managed to order for FCBD:

Star Wars
Infinity
Superman Special Edition
TMNT New Animated Adventures
Walking Dead Special
Atomic Robo & Friends
Bleeding Cool Magazine
Endangered Weapon B
Judge Dredd Classics
Harbringer Wars Spec
Molly Danger
The Strangers

Hoping for some great reads.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Superior Spidey :
Was the intention that peters memories were destroyed for good? So even if he comes back he won't remember any of life?

He'll come back thinking he's Peter Palmer, a classically trained actor who only remembers Spider-Man as a role he once played

were those weird new dc books good?

I enjoyed "The Movement". It went in a direction I wasn't expecting. The art was a little rough but gave the book an almost supernatural tone to it. The writing was great. I think Gail Simone shines when writing team led books and it has much potential.

Francavilla is on Batwoman next month, right?

This is what I managed to order for FCBD:

Star Wars
Infinity
Superman Special Edition
TMNT New Animated Adventures
Walking Dead Special
Atomic Robo & Friends
Bleeding Cool Magazine
Endangered Weapon B
Judge Dredd Classics
Harbringer Wars Spec
Molly Danger
The Strangers

Hoping for some great reads.
I want that Infinity and Star Wars comic. My online comic book store had pre-orders up back in January and I missed it. God damnit.

I enjoyed "The Movement". It went in a direction I wasn't expecting. The art was a little rough but gave the book an almost supernatural tone to it. The writing was great. I think Gail Simone shines when writing team led books and it has much potential.

Just checked out a preview. Always dug Freddie Williams III. I'll check this out. :)

AEREC

Any word on if Shazam will be getting his own comic in the new 52? Not sure why but my interest in this character has skyrocketd in the past month. Really enjoyed his origin story in the in the new JL...even if they did make him more of a delinquent.

Haven't started Throne of Atlantis arc yet in the new JL but noticed he was on the cover.

Dysun

Looks like just back up stories in the main Justice League book for now. Unfortunate, I'd rather read a book about him than John's JL at the moment

ANXM:
Guessing jean will go dark phoenix at some point

Wouldn't mind that honestly. I mean, it's hard to reconcile how Teen Jean was written back then (since it was a different era) to how Teen Jean is written now, but I like her being portrayed as imperfect considering the pedestal everyone seems to place her on. I know that basically her telepathy was a sudden thing in ANXM, but right now, her acting kinda bratty is refreshing, especially when the Cuckoos were overpowering her mentally. Teen Jean snapping and becoming dark phoenix could be quite interesting.

Owzers

My brain hurts from trying to follow Avengers. Question through issue #10:

So it's a competition of old and new systems for universal design? Builders vs the white event thing? I'm confused....what's going on? In issue #10 the vanguard woman from canada who rose up from the soup said the system is online....which system is that?

Can't get over what a perfect melding of every aspect of comic production All New X-Men was this week.

Great set up and execution by Bendis
Phenomenal art by Immonen
And the way the coloring contrasted the hectic first half and the quiet of the second half was just incredible

Where did this book come from
space

Can't get over what a perfect melding of every aspect of comic production All New X-Men was this week.

And the way the coloring contrasted the hectic first half and the quiet of the second half was just incredible

space

Seriously. Originally, I was on the fence due to Bendis writing another team book as well as one that dealt with time travel, but man, I'm glad to be proven wrong with this one. It's a solidly executed book overall.

Love it.

My brain hurts from trying to follow Avengers. Question through issue #10:

So it's a competition of old and new systems for universal design? Builders vs the white event thing? I'm confused....what's going on? In issue #10 the vanguard woman from canada who rose up from the soup said the system is online....which system is that?

It is very complex and confusing. The part I don't understand is the time compression/missing footage story...

snorggy

I'm gonna drop Injustice. I was already leaning towards doing it but the latest issue sealed the deal... So any recommendations on what I should replace it with? Hopefully something I can jump into without a lot of backtracking?

I'm currently reading / catching up on:
Age of ultron
All new xmen
Avengers
Batman
Batman & robin
Captain America
Daredevil
East of west
Hawkeye
Manhattan projects
Revival
Saga
Superior Spider-Man
Uncanny x-men

Acid08

Banned
I'm gonna drop Injustice. I was already leaning towards doing it but the latest issue sealed the deal... So any recommendations on what I should replace it with? Hopefully something I can jump into without a lot of backtracking?

I'm currently reading / catching up on:
Age of ultron
All new xmen
Avengers
Batman
Batman & robin
Captain America
Daredevil
East of west
Hawkeye
Manhattan projects
Revival
Saga
Superior Spider-Man
Uncanny x-men
FF

Dysun

Remender's exposition doesn't really bother me at all, it was over the top in the first four Uncanny issues but w/e

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't know what's going on in Uncanny Avengers but I love that Thor is in Rio.

I haven't made it to the shop (will go this weekend, before seeing IM3), but I "peeked" at this week's issue of ANXM. And I hate to sound like a broken record, I know most of you don't care, but I'm getting pretty darn tired of the Wolverine caricature that Bendis/Immonen are giving us, and I'm finding it distracting in what is otherwise a great book. I have a hard time reconciling that this is the same Logan as the one appearing in WatXM, UA, and Cornell's series.

I haven't made it to the shop (will go this weekend, before seeing IM3), but I "peeked" at this week's issue of ANXM. And I hate to sound like a broken record, I know most of you don't care, but I'm getting pretty darn tired of the Wolverine caricature that Bendis/Immonen are giving us, and I'm finding it distracting in what is otherwise a great book. I have a hard time renciling that this is the same Logan as the one appearing in WatXM, UA, and Cornell's series.

yea Bendis wolverine is always Snikt, bub big baby.

space

This so much! I love his Jean!

tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho1_250.png
tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho2_250.png
tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho3_250.png

tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho4_250.png
tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho5_250.png
tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho6_250.png

tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho7_250.png
tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho8_250.png
tumblr_mkv3piMUHG1ra492ho9_250.png