• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cc1gNe2.gif

kTWrKuK.png

Let's see what's on tap for the month of May that isn't free.

MR6n8.png

nyrmpYb.jpg

StxMs2S.jpg

+Secret Wars #1-2 by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic (May 6, 13).
+Thor #8 by Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman (May 13).
+A-Force #1 by G. Willow Wilson, Marguerite Bennett, and Jorge Molina (May 20).
+Secret Wars: Battleworld #1 by Josh Williamson, Ed Brisson, Mike Henderson and Scott Hepburn (May 20).
+Ultimate End #1 by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley (May 20).
+Inhumans: Attilan Rising #1 by Charles Soule and Tohn Timms (May 27).

QV0uw.png

gR4K9gF.jpg

DXQUl3a.jpg

+Batman Earth One vol. 2 HC by Geoff Johns, Gary Frank and Jonathan Sibal (May 6).
+Convergence #5-8 by Jeff King, Scott Lobdell and Various Artists (May 6, 13, 20, 27).
+Convergence: Nightwing/Oracle #2 by Gail Simone, Jan Duursema and Dan Parsons (May 6).
+Convergence: Superboy #2 by Fabian Nicieza, Karl Moline and Jose Marzan Jr. (May 13).
+Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Four #1-2 by Brian Buccellato and Various Artists (May 13, 27).
+The Sandman: Overture #5 by Neil Gaiman and J.H. Williams III (May 27).

9sam5.png

8lCcIXb.jpg

5GNlWH2.jpg

+The Wicked + The Divine #10 by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie and Matt Wilson (May 6).
+Black Science #14 by Rick Remender, Matteo Scalera and Moreno Dinisio (May 13).
+Injection #1 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire (May 13).
+Trees #9 by Warren Ellis and Jason Howard (May 20).
+Valhalla Mad #1 by Joe Casey and Paul Maybury (May 20).
+Lazarus #17 by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark (May 27).

9CWx4.png

sKFNMix.jpg

88CtV3n.jpg

+Baltimore: The Cult of the Red King #1 by Mike Mignola, Christopher Golden and Peter Bergting (May 6).
+Abe Sapien #23 by Mike Mignola, Scott Allie and Kevin Nowlan (May 13).
+Harrow County #1 by Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook (May 13).
+Resident Alien: The Sam Hain Mystery #1 by Peter Hogan and Steve Parkhouse (May 20).
+Fight Club 2 #1 by Chuck Palahniuk and Cameron Stewart (May 27)..
+Grindhouse: Drive In, Bleed Out #5 by Alex de Campi and Mulele Jarvis (May 27).

ymY7S.png

uUZYwps.jpg

qO1VqND.jpg

+Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency #1 by Chris Ryall and Tony Akins (May 6).
+Donald Duck #1 by Romano Scarpa, Dick Kinney, Jonathan Gray, Mau Heymans and Al Hubbard (May 6).
+Insufferable #1 by Mark Waid and Peter Krause (May 13).
+Jem and the Holograms #3 by Kelly Thompson and Sophie Campbell (May 13).
+Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #46 by Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman and Mateus Santolouco (May 20).
+Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #41 by James Roberts and Alex Milne (May 20).

4T1fu.png

jN3Ucyh.jpg

wqACz1k.jpg

+Swords of Sorrow #1 by Gail Simone and Sergio Fernandez Davila (Dynamite, May 6).
+The Auteur: Sister Bambi #1 by Rick Spears and James Callahan (Oni, May 13).
+Oh, Killstrike #1 by Max Bemis and Logan Faerber (Boom!, May 20).
+Captain Canuck #1 by Kalman Andrasofszky (Chapter House, May 27).
+Providence #1 by Alan Moore and Jacen Burrows (Avatar, May 27).
+Sonic Universe #76 by Ian Flynn and Dan Schoening (Archie, May 27).

SpD81R8.png

Spoilers. In the age of digital comics, they are increasingly becoming an issue in these threads, as the drive to be first to discuss the week's releases overrides common sense and good posting etiquette. So over the coming weeks and months, the members of Comic GAF will be collaborating on and will eventually be implementing a system of general rules for avoiding spoilers on new comics in the Comics OT thread. But for now, please abide by the temporary guidelines outlined below. And remember, you are being watched and judged by your peers.

1. Discussion of newly released comics that involves specific plot details shall be accompanied at all times by the appropriate use of the
tag function.
2. Direct posting of full-page images from newly released comics using the tags is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
3. Direct posting of images or spoilers from comics that have yet to be released is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
4. Covers, solicitation copy, and/or promotional materials shall not be considered spoilers and are allowed, unless their content involves specific plot details; in those cases, outgoing links with spoiler warnings should be used.
5. The unmarked posting of spoilers related to comics will be allowed after a period of one week (Wednesday to Wednesday) from that comic's release.[/b] ([u]NOTE:[/u] Longer? -Spike)
[b]6. Members of Comic GAF are expected at all times to exercise common sense and polite discretion as a matter of courtesy to fellow posters. I know, tough one.
7. If you are unsure of whether or not posting something would constitute a spoiler, err on the side of caution and use the [SPOILER] tags.[/b]

In short, don't be Stephanie Brown. Don't be... The Spoiler. For one thing, [b]you're[/b] not that loveable. >:|

Happy reading!

Messi

For those wondering the books of the month were:

Winner :Sunstone Vol 2 by Stjepan Sejic (82 points)

Runner Up: Squirrel Girl #3 by Ryan North and Erica Henderson (7 points)

3rd place: Batman Endgame by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo (5 points)

Thanks everyone for voting this month.

tim1138

Obviously, it's just that I never pictured the need for a sequel. For it to be in comic form on top of that makes it surreal.

Yeah, I was just being a dick. Palahniuk is writing it and Cameron Stewart is doing the art, not quite sure what the plot is or anything though.

Veelk

Banned
I asked this in the previous thread, but didn't get many responses. Trying one more time.

Can fans of Pax Americana explain why they like it?

I'm not saying it isn't good, but I want to hear it from fans in their own words. It doesn't have to be a thesis, but being as elaborate as possible would be appreciated.

For those wondering the books of the month were:

Winner :Sunstone Vol 2 by Stjepan Sejic (82 points)

Runner Up: Squirrel Girl #3 by Ryan North and Erica Henderson (7 points)

3rd place: Batman Endgame by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo (5 points)

Thanks everyone for voting this month.
Like that many people voted, ever.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, I was just being a dick. Palahniuk is writing it and Cameron Stewart is doing the art, not quite sure what the plot is or anything though.

Tyler is an
ancient evil
. Not fuckin' around.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This month, my pull list starts to get used.
-Secret Wars
-Renew Your Vowes starts, I think?
-Wonder Woman Vs. Red Rain Joker
-Night Nurse
A lot of books. I hope they dont wait 4 weeks like I waited with Spider-Gwen.

Bii

No top posters list for last month? Was that feature cut also? :(

Our OT is catching up with the times. The books of the month and list of top posters' list is now paid DLC. Would you be interested in a season pass instead?

Messi

Our OT is catching up with the times. The books of the month and list of top posters' list is now paid DLC. Would you be interested in a season pass instead?

How much exclusive Messi content does it include?

Dunbar

Can fans of Pax Americana explain why they like it?
Like the rest of Multiversity, it was totally inscrutable. I'm willing to sit and try to decipher a comic if it will ultimately pay off in some fashion, but I think I tried to read Pax Americana 3-4 times and never even finished it.

So we close on our house in 13 days and get the keys. We will be all moved in on the 17th. A few days later we will be adopting 2 kitty's and we have already named them.

Robin and Babs.

Veelk

Banned
Like the rest of Multiversity, it was totally inscrutable. I'm willing to sit and try to decipher a comic if it will ultimately pay off in some fashion, but I think I tried to read Pax Americana 3-4 times and never even finished it.

I know what you mean, it took me a 2 times before I sat down and got to the end. I think I got it mostly, but I think I'll have to read it again to get a better understanding of it. Maybe once backwards, since the story is being told in reverse chronological order. I'm determined to get atleast a basic understanding of the characters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom