• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Convergence Shazam was my first experience with Tawny. While a cool character, I'm not attached. Man, should have stuck to my guns and never said anything. Now my whole world is shattered. I'm rethinking names.

Name him Cringer as a kitten and then Battle Cat as an adult cat.
Also get a dog. :D

fauxtrot

Banned
A dog won't claw the living shit out of you when you try to do this:

15-CUTE-DOGS-DRESSED-AS-SUPERHEROES-13.jpg

And don't you dare act like dressing your future pets up as a superheroes hadn't already crossed your mind... it's a perfectly natural feeling, Korupt.

I'm getting a dog later down the line. I really like Batman and the bat family and so does my wife so we're trying to stay with that theme.

My cats are named Pandora and Hobbes. A bit boring perhaps but they fit.

My dog is named Winston Barristan Selmy, First of His Name, Warden of the West. We paid the AKC an extra fifteen bucks to get all that in ;P

I haven't read any Multiversity and I feel like I really missed out. Definitely something I need to delve into after Secret Wars is over.

Oh man multiversity was rad. Hope we get a deluxe edition , would love to hear morrison process for this.

Your wish is my command.

Although there could easily be a 300-400 page book on dissecting Multiversity issue by issue anyway. I'd kinda like Morrison to go back on Fatman on Batman, the intro, Kevin Smith saying "So, Multiversity..." then two hours of Morrison being Morrison.

Edit: Beaten bad.

So Avengers was good. I hope you guys enjoy it. At the very least it was better than the first.

I keep hearing the opposite so I'm glad to hear someone whose opinion I respect liked it better. I don't get to go until tomorrow afternoon and it's killing me

Dunbar

The Multiversity series itself was 9 issues of 40 pages apiece (Guidebook might have been a little longer), so if that hardcover is 448 pages it must have a ton of extra shit in it.

I keep hearing the opposite so I'm glad to hear someone whose opinion I respect liked it better. I don't get to go until tomorrow afternoon and it's killing me

Same, I'm going in expecting an entertaining movie but one that doesn't break the marvel mold. I've heard people say that they find it better/worse than the first one so I suppose it depends on what you're looking for in the movie compared to the first one.

calder

I really liked Age of Ultron, thought it was at least as good as the first one. Granted, I loved the first but could see how flawed it was in a lot of ways - AoU tightens up the flaws of the original but I can see how it would be disappointing to ppl who are inclined to want less overstuffed movies. As a live long Marvel guy, all the cameos and little shit shoehorned in for future MCU movies are not a necessary evil but a huge plus. I can see other ppl not feeling the same way about random guy #38 shuffled onscreen to mumble something that doesn't seem to have anything to do with this movie though.

Anyway, I've been reading the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil run and I have to say... I really kinda hate Murdock now lol. Great series and I can instantly see how it's an obvious classic, but I can't get over how much of a dick Matt is. Obviously that's kind of the point at this stage in some ways but I'd love for one of his friends to at least point it out.

I'm talking specifically about the
Globe newspaper reporting on him being Daredevil and his kind of insane reaction to it. His lawsuit is fucking crazy, and I was actively rooting for the asshole owner of the Globe when he met with him and then pulled his settlement offer off the table solely because Murdock was being such a raging asshole. Hey Matty, you ARE Daredevil. that IS news, you ARE lying, dial down the self righteous bullshit maybe 99%. And sure the FBI agent wasn't supposed to leak that shit to the press, but creepily threatening the guy for, again, telling the truth? Wow is he off the rails on this.

This kind of brings me to a weird thing that maybe only happens to me where I read and love superhero comics but get strangely annoyed by small aspects of how their world "works" and it keeps bugging me. Like, just once I want Batman or Daredevil to go into a shady bar looking for intel (aka, someone to tell them exactly what they need to know in order to advance the plot) and all the guys there to simply... *not* pull out guns and knives. Maybe all you idiots just sit there and say, hey, we're having a beer here and you're not a cop with a warrant or a lawyer with a subpoena so just piss off. But no, someone has to attack the hero to give them a reason to beat everyone up and then threaten/kinda torture some info out of a random criminal. It just irks me.

I do appreciate the rare occasions when the characters recognize the oddness of what they are doing, like Barbara Gordon admitting that as Batgirl she badly injures a lot of dumbass teenage car thieves protecting the luxury vehicles of Gotham. But they can only notice/remark on it so much before the tropes of these stories start to break down I guess, so it's right back to 'hey, there's one teenage car thief who's pulling out a gun so now it's ok to snap everyone's femur" mode.

Zombine

Banned

There are definitely a few moments that fall flat, and I'm not 100% certain that Whedon did anything to make people give a fuck about Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch, but Ultron rocked, and there are some other great moments that I think you'll enjoy. Not a bad film at all. A bit flimsy with some rough spots, but it's a good summer movie. My anticipation was low going in, so I was pleasantly surprised.

I'll expand upon what I thought about the film once we collectively decide we're in the clear to discuss with tags.

Messi

Big bang are holding me a copy if the Amanda Conner Secret wars cover Yessss.

Zdarsky cover is €60 BTW and the sketch variant by him is €120.

I'm getting a dog later down the line. I really like Batman and the bat family and so does my wife so we're trying to stay with that theme.

This is awesome.. your wife is awesome...
I expect some pictures of your new batcave / comic room.
Assuming this was a priority when you bought the house. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom