• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh shit this Cassie girl that died, Scott's daughter, is that Ms. Marvel looking girl from Young avengers :eek:

I really need to read me some young avengers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fo8Qi0w.png

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I searched on Google "kipp official omnibus reading position". I love that this exists in the Internet

Hahaha. It's dumb and obvious now that I think about it, but I love that I can google that and have that image appear.

Also, I think that MSPaint image was the origin story of my short-lived foray into drawing. Maybe one day I'll get back into that.

But lol. Thanks everyone for bringing back those memories. The OORP is definitely going to be my legacy. I wouldn't want it any other way.

such a lovely day outside, not a cloud in the sky. Kipp should give off that recliner and enjoy the great outdoors!

Sun shining, clear white skies... What more could a guy ask for?

Is DC still planning on making anymore animated movies? I know the last few have not been good, but I want to hold up hope for the quality of films like Flashpoint, All-Star Superman, and Under the Red Hood.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is DC still planning on making anymore animated movies? I know the last few have not been good, but I want to hold up hope for the quality of films like Flashpoint, All-Star Superman, and Under the Red Hood.

What were the last few?

I got through 10 minutes of Batman vs. Robin and then shut it off and decided it didn't exist.

Seems like they do 3 per year. Expect more announced at comic con. Still have to release Gods & Monsters.

Seems like 1 JL movie, 1 batman movie, and 1 free spot every year.

Forever Evil or something like Trinity War will be next. Seems like they're going book by book for JL movies, last one was Throne of Atlantis. Hoping for Kingdom Come at some point.

Read Green Lantern Rebirth and the third (and final) trade of X-Force.

Shit. I think I accidentally just gave away part of Sinestro Corps Wars to you in the other thread. My bad. I didn't realize that you had only just read Rebirth.

I am sorry. But hey, my spoiler happens in the first issue, so at least you won't have to wait long for it.

Shit. I think I accidentally just gave away part of Sinestro Corps Wars to you in the other thread. My bad. I didn't realize that you had only just read Rebirth.

I am sorry. But hey, my spoiler happens in the first issue, so at least you won't have to wait long for it.

Spoilers don't matter to me. Plus, Sinestro Corps Wars is how many years old? I'm about the journey more than the destination.

Rhaknar

how is wolverine and the x-men?

Volume 1 (#1-42) is amazing. Volumes 2 and 3 are awful.

But those 42 issues are up there with the stuff most people here recomended (your Hawkeyes, Superior Foes, etc)

Owzers

I think i'm officially disappointed in people who don't read Secret Avengers. It's not officially official, but it's really close. If you are killing the industry by reading MU, give Secret Avengers by Kot a chance, it just might be your preferred way to harm the industry.

Cade

I think i'm officially disappointed in people who don't read Secret Avengers. It's not officially official, but it's really close. If you are killing the industry by reading MU, give Secret Avengers by Kot a chance, it just might be your preferred way to harm the industry.

I'll do it. Don't let me down, sillymonkey.

Owzers

Silly speaks truth. It's pretty good stuff.

It lost me a little in the middle where
Coulson left for a bit and hawkeye had to find him
but it started strong and is closing the same way.

i'll wait 6 months after it gets cancelled

I think #15 is the last issue so the countdown until full MU reading begins.

I'll do it. Don't let me down, sillymonkey.

Send all complaints to the Atlanta Hawks, they understand disappointment.

Killing the industry?

Kipp tries to kill the industry through trade waiting, some feel more extreme measures are necessary.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Secret Avengers is amazingly fun and just a great character-driven story:
Image-371.jpg

zennyzz

i'll wait 6 months after it gets cancelled

what is this, it looks cool

Starpunch Girl. Textless webcomic that's currently attempting to make the shift to printed series.

It's about a young teenage goddess raising a planet so that she can get revenge on the god who took her arms and her killed her realm.

Rhaknar

Think I'll add Fraction's FF to my go-to list guys, it's just so charming

My go-to lost continues to be all non-traditional superhero books that focus more on relationships than super heroics. Or are just plain quirky/fun.

Hawkeye
Nextwave
Secret Avengers
Superior Foes
Wolverine & the X-Men volume. 1
Silver Surfer
And now FF

did I forget any that falls in this category?

Filthy Slug

My go-to lost continues to be all non-traditional superhero books that focus more on relationships than super heroics. Or are just plain quirky/fun.

Hawkeye
Nextwave
Secret Avengers
Superior Foes
Silver Surfer
And now FF

Squirrel Girl.

Starpunch Girl. Textless webcomic that's currently attempting to make the shift to printed series.

It's about a young teenage goddess raising a planet so that she can get revenge on the god who took her arms and her killed her realm.

sounds pretty dope. bookmarked the site

Owzers

Hawkeye
Nextwave
Secret Avengers
Superior Foes
Silver Surfer
And now FF

Runaways, Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine, Incredible Hercules by Fred Van Lente for awhile until it gets boring, Deadpool by Duggan after the dead presidents arc which no one makes it past, Patsy Walker Hellcat mini by Immonen.

Runaways might be too serious at times and gets itself out of the quirky fun lighthearted category.

Tizoc

It's on my to read list along with Stray Bullets >_>;

I rather liked that run :p

Rhaknar

There's a Patsy Walker mini? :eek:

Edit: added, and that astonishing spidey / wolvie too. The covers for both are very serious business tho. Any more quirky stuff?

I hated Doop btw, one of the few quirky books I didn't like

Oh and current She Hulk too...or any she hulk. But I wouldn't put it on my go-to list tho

Owzers

I'd also add Ant-Man and Howard the Duck to the quirky list

I don't trust either book yet, especially Howard the Duck after #2's GOTG team-up distraction. Still have both on my dcbs monthly list so far though.

I started Witcher 3 on ps4 tonight before the cavs game..I'm going to wait a few days before getting into it heavily to see what the patch brings, seemed a little janky.

Rhaknar

We need more! Down with grimdark bullshit, more silliness!

giant-doom.jpg

It's the perfect series.

secret-avengers.jpg

SA3-SMP-3.jpg

Rhaknar

I'm killing the industry?

At $10 a month I'll bury that knife deep in the industry's jugular tbh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom