• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

No Savitar?

235649-145545-savitar.jpg
Honestly forgot about him

THey sure go out of their way to tickle Allen's nuts

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Kinda excited for his Flash. They Reprinting the Omnis ins Tradepaperback form and since the second one isnt avaiable here anymore, I want to go into this series this way.
I hope they do the same with his Green Lantern stuff.

I really need to read more DC next to Batman. Thats the reason why I am excited as hell about their Deluxe Output in the next year, a lot of varity. Crisis on Infinite Earths, Green Arrow, Swamp Thing, Suicide Squad, etc.

Kinda excited for his Flash. They Reprinting the Omnis ins Tradepaperback form and since the second one isnt avaiable here anymore, I want to go into this series this way.
I hope they do the same with his Green Lantern stuff.

I really need to read more DC next to Batman. Thats the reason why I am excited as hell about their Deluxe Output in the next year, a lot of varity. Crisis on Infinite Earths, Green Arrow, Swamp Thing, Suicide Squad, etc.

When do the paperback omnis release?

We
technically don't know what happened to Bruce. He seeming "died" with the Joker. But there are hints that he survived in some way and he seems to be playing a part in the upcoming Darkseid War event (though as a New God? who knows).
Gordon hasn't deaged. It's just different artists interpretations of a character.

Gordon is definitely like twenty years younger than what he was before Flashpoint.

Messi

Left my ipad in work accidentally. That'll stop my comic reading momentum for sure. Hopefully my ipad still has a screen and it's still in one piece when I get there tomorrow. :/

Looks like Capullo is done with monthlies after Batman. If you haven't followed on Twitter, he went to the ER with chest pains. They deemed his body stressed. Dudes 10-16 hour days/ 7 days a week is catching up too him. He just said on there that he think the solution is to not leave comics, but leave monthlies.

Looks like Capullo is done with monthlies after Batman. If you haven't followed on Twitter, he went to the ER with chest pains. They deemed his body stressed. Dudes 10-16 hour days/ 7 days a week is catching up too him. He just said on there that he think the solution is to not leave comics, but leave monthlies.

A lot of it may have to do with his working out.

End of an era.

Messi

Well that is sad :(

Dude works out A LOT and probably not sleeping right because of his deadlines, can't really blame him.

Calcium

Banned

Whoa, hope he is okay. It's been a great run, he will be missed if he does depart.

"Barry Allen is the only good Flash"-Geoff Johns

Although to be fair, Rebirth was pretty good

This is Geoff Johns' problem. "My favorite is DA BEST! But you can stay around also-rans."

I have his first two Flash Omnis in Hardcover. His Wally stuff and Rebirth is pretty great.

Messi

Rat Queens and Sunstone Vol 2 both made the top ten of the NY times graphic novels best sellers. Hopefully that is good for both.

Zombine

Banned
So...I just went to throw out a Diamond Distrobution shipping box...right? I do a weekly purging of all my boxes, and this one freaked me the fuck out. As I was going through taking my name and shit off the labels, on the inside flap of the box there was all of this gibberish written in sharpie that absolutely wasn't there when I got it. One lip has a " = )" next to a number 4, and in the middle is a circle with this scribble in the middle. The other is "8 -" and a symbol that looks like an "mo" and another lip that says "5 zone 80" all scribbled down. This shit wasn't there before and I had a sharpie laying around near the boxes.

Cheska

Does anyone know how long the Fade Out is supposed to be? I'm making my way through a few trade and just wrapped act one out of the first volume of the Fade Out and I noticed that the next issue just came out.

I like the series, but it also feels like it flows so much better in collected form, but at the same time not sure I want to wait months to get answers lol

Wow, just caught up with my last floppy! I saved the best for last with Wytches 6. Once again, Scott Snyder nails the fucking landing. Snyder and Jock created incredible tension in this issue which is really hard in a comic.

Rat Queens and Sunstone Vol 2 both made the top ten of the NY times graphic novels best sellers. Hopefully that is good for both.

Hmm, interesting. I'm still a bit concerned that they were both outsold by grade school targeted books that are anywhere from almost a year to almost 3 years old, though. :x

Squire

Banned
But not even all hardcovers at this point. The new Avengers/New Avengers HC's don't, nor does Spider-Verse, and I'm pretty sure Battle of the Atom didn't either.

I don't know about the individual trades, but the Time Runs Out HCs come with a code. I got Vol. 2 last week and just finally put the code in on Saturday. That's actually what prompted the question.

Owzers

Finished off Secret Avengers in flop form, Superior Foes on MU with issue #17, and i will not be denied more comic reading.

Oh Rockets/Warriors tonight! *doesn't read comics*

Still waiting for witcher 3 to be ps4 patched before playing...

I was looking at statue videos to see what they look like for real and not test modelly and i ran into a Cheska video. :O In the wild, not linked from gaf. It's crazy.

Messi

Reading the old fashioned way. It's not so bad. Reading Rachel Rising Vol 2. I love how consistent Terry Moores art is. Every page is just lovely. I love how he nails the little character moments. He does it better than almost everyone else. Stuff like
Earl telling the corpse of Jet that he loved her and have envisioned a future with her while holding her hand.
. That entire scene was great.

Bii

Aw man, hope he's alright.

So...I just went to throw out a Diamond Distrobution shipping box...right? I do a weekly purging of all my boxes, and this one freaked me the fuck out. As I was going through taking my name and shit off the labels, on the inside flap of the box there was all of this gibberish written in sharpie that absolutely wasn't there when I got it. One lip has a " = )" next to a number 4, and in the middle is a circle with this scribble in the middle. The other is "8 -" and a symbol that looks like an "mo" and another lip that says "5 zone 80" all scribbled down. This shit wasn't there before and I had a sharpie laying around near the boxes.
It's a ghost!
This is Geoff Johns' problem. "My favorite is DA BEST! But you can stay around also-rans."
I mean, looking at the New 52 is pretty much the end result of "Geoff Johns picks his favorites" when it comes to Flash and GL. Wally is a sacrificial lamb and Bart is Kid Flash. John Stewart isn't even in the New 52 as far as I know, and Kyle was in a group book that's not ongoing anymore (again, as far as I know).

We have Simon Baz who...I'm honestly not sure. Only thing I read with him in it was Trinity War.

It was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom