• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tip for MU users that like to add the new issues on each update to your library. If you can't find some of the issues you added it's because lately they have been fucking up the release dates and have the release year as 0002, which means those books go on the bottom of your library lost. Some old stuff has that problem also (the cosmic chart Nova #1 for example) but it's happening on every update with a few issues the last few weeks, it's quite annoying

Edit: just noticed they all have the same date aswell, Nov 30 0002

Cheska

Does anyone own the Hellboy Library Editions? The freakin' paper is getting on my nerves, I can barely flip the page without a print being left behind. WTF?

Does anyone own the Hellboy Library Editions? The freakin' paper is getting on my nerves, I can barely flip the page without a print being left behind. WTF?

You read your Hellboy Library Editions?

c5f.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Yeah, that's kind of a problem. I have super dry, not oily hands and I still have that issue.

I always try to separate the pages because they are so thick.

Hahaha. I'm so glad it's not just me. Every. Single. Time.
Same thing happens to me with all Dark Horse hardcovers. Is their quality TOO high?

I think Kipp read like seven pages from his copies.

I've actually read the first one twice!
The second one though... yes, I think I've read like seven pages of it. Haha. Those seven pages were EXCELLENT though.

Ugh can these Kabuki books come out yet? I want to read them.

Yesss. This and The Goon library editions

I've actually read the first one twice!
The second one though... yes, I think I've read like seven pages of it. Haha. Those seven pages were EXCELLENT though.

Read that second volume, man. I'm up to the fifth volume of the regular trades, and I feel Hellboy is a series that just keeps getting better so far.

Cheska

Yeah, that's kind of a problem. I have super dry, not oily hands and I still have that issue.

Okay, great so it's not just me! At first I thought maybe it was because I had touched my face and then accidentally rubbed make up on the pages or something but then I remembered I'm not wearing any kind of concealer today and my hands were dry. This is a little frustrating as it's making the reading and enjoyment of this book a tad more challenging.

I will say, I am absolutely loving the content though. Really starting to see the appeal of Hellboy, and I <3 <3 <3 the Mignola art.

Vibranium

Banned
Just finished Superior Foes, damn that was awesome. I love the way Steve Lieber draws The Owl. Boomerang's "I'ma call you!" is hilarious and it's great how despite being a perpetual loser he can find fun in it.

Marvel needs more villain books and villain teams. After Secret Wars they really should expand the line because villains deserve to have their time in the spotlight.

Owzers

That's partly the reason why i stopped reading my Hellboy library editions...it's so good too, i must go back. It's mainly just volume 1 too, the other library editions are mostly white edged.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Read that second volume, man. I'm up to the fifth volume of the regular trades, and I feel Hellboy is a series that just keeps getting better so far.

Yeah, that's partly the reason I haven't read it yet. I know it's going to be one of my favorite comics ever, so I'm waiting for juuuust the right time to read it. Haha. Horrible...

Okay, great so it's not just me! At first I thought maybe it was because I had touched my face and then accidentally rubbed make up on the pages or something but then I remembered I'm not wearing any kind of concealer today and my hands were dry. This is a little frustrating as it's making the reading and enjoyment of this book a tad more challenging.

I will say, I am absolutely loving the content though. Really starting to see the appeal of Hellboy, and I <3 <3 <3 the Mignola art.

Yeah, it's not just you! Just try your best to ignore all those gross smudges on the black paper. Haha
Glad you're enjoying Hellboy as much as I do though! I HIGHLY recommend also picking up the First 20 Years of Hellboy hardcover. It's probably my favorite comics-related thing I own. 150ish pages of INCREDIBLE Mignola prints (and it's a typically amazing Dark Horse hardcover).

Zombine

Banned
I'm happy to see it get some comicGAF buzz. One of my all time favorite series

I think that it's all because Tim mentioned the book ages ago. After he did, I googled it and was hooked.

Like I've said, I've only been at this for about 4 years now. I've done a good job of playing catch up, but there are still books like Kabuki and Lucifer that fell through the cracks.

Messi

Same, don't you just hate it when that happens? I am like.....UUUUUUUGGGHHHH

Messi

Just finished Superior Foes, damn that was awesome. I love the way Steve Lieber draws The Owl. Boomerang's "I'ma call you!" is hilarious and it's great how despite being a perpetual loser he can find fun in it.

Marvel needs more villain books and villain teams. After Secret Wars they really should expand the line because villains deserve to have their time in the spotlight.

Well by the end of Amazing Spider-man it seems like Black Cat is getting her own book but I am not sure.

zennyzz

probably too early. But I'd really like a Marvel Magic Event.

Done like War/Realm of Kings

Some Ka-Zar, Strange, Magik, Bloodstone, Satana, Wiccan, Hellstorm

Some Dormammu, Mephisto, Cyttorak

throw in some Loki and Enchantress in there too.

Messi

Yeah, that's partly the reason I haven't read it yet. I know it's going to be one of my favorite comics ever, so I'm waiting for juuuust the right time to read it. Haha. Horrible...

Yeah, it's not just you! Just try your best to ignore all those gross smudges on the black paper. Haha
Glad you're enjoying Hellboy as much as I do though! I HIGHLY recommend also picking up the First 20 Years of Hellboy hardcover. It's probably my favorite comics-related thing I own. 150ish pages of INCREDIBLE Mignola prints (and it's a typically amazing Dark Horse hardcover).

This time will never come. I had been doing the same thing. The time never comes. Live in the now and enjoy the good shit. Read harley quinn.

Current Black Cat?

Trying to be King Pin of New York Black Cat?

Yep

probably too early. But I'd really like a Marvel Magic Event.

Done like War/Realm of Kings

Some Ka-Zar, Strange, Magik, Bloodstone, Satana, Wiccan, Hellstorm

Some Dormammu, Mephisto, Cyttorak

throw in some Loki and Enchantress in there too.

I'd be down for that. I haven't read War/Realm of Kings yet. Everyone seems to say they're pretty dope

Vibranium

Banned
Well by the end of Amazing Spider-man it seems like Black Cat is getting her own book but I am not sure.

I prefer Black Cat as a anti-hero rather than the weird mob boss thing right now.

I'm thinking Doom and maybe a villain team-up of another hero's rogues gallery.

Yeah except for the fact that Selina is so much more interesting. What they are doing with Felicia is so incredibly boring.

What ARE they doing with her? I don't get it. I've read Silk and Hawkeye vs. Deadpool, and I don't get what it is they're trying here

Messi

What ARE they doing with her? I don't get it. I've read Silk and Hawkeye vs. Deadpool, and I don't get what it is they're trying here

They are trying to make her a credible threat and the leader of all the lower tier villains. Its not working. They even had a 3 part backup in the most recent Spider-Man issues. I was incredibly forgettable.

mreddie

Tip for MU users that like to add the new issues on each update to your library. If you can't find some of the issues you added it's because lately they have been fucking up the release dates and have the release year as 0002, which means those books go on the bottom of your library lost. Some old stuff has that problem also (the cosmic chart Nova #1 for example) but it's happening on every update with a few issues the last few weeks, it's quite annoying

Edit: just noticed they all have the same date aswell, Nov 30 0002

MU squad just said fuck it and uploaded the copies did they? Some comics are oddly missing too.

Bill!
Bill!
Bill!
Bill!
Bill!
Bill!
Bill Nye The Science Guy

SCIENCE RULES!

They are trying to make her a credible threat and the leader of all the lower tier villains. Its not working. They even had a 3 part backup in the most recent Spider-Man issues. I was incredibly forgettable.

Why, though? Like, her thing was always basically Peter's Catwoman. I was fine with that. Why are they trying to make her a crime lord?

mreddie

Why, though? Like, her thing was always basically Peter's Catwoman. I was fine with that. Why are they trying to make her a crime lord?

I think because Osborn is laying low again and the majority of Spidey villains aren't doing as much. Or Slott is a asshole and wants to shake the Spideyverse into dumbfuckery.

Messi

I think because Osborn is laying low again and the majority of Spidey villains aren't doing as much. Or Slott is a asshole and wants to shake the Spideyverse into dumbfuckery.

THIS

There are no huge villains around right now. So they are using her.

Keep in mind this all started because Superior punched her in the face. That's it. She just wont believe it wasn't Peter.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MU update day!

New Avengers #27 - I think I officially have no fucking clue whats going on anymore lol. Aparently Stephen is a black priest now, Thor is using alternate universe "Thorr" hammer, Doom is still fucking around with Molecule Man and I'm just trying to make sense of all of it.

Nova #24 - Continuing from last issue where Kluh knocked Sam around silly, round 2 sees Sam put Kluh in orbit (because last time Hulk was sent to space worked out so well) and Carnage-man drops by and wants to be buddy with Sam, which might actually be fun...Im kinda into good guy Carnage

Death of Wolvie: Life after Wolvie #4 and #5 - first focuses on lady deathstrike and it's pretty decent (gorgeous art), second focuses on Daken (well horseman Daken) and its terrible. Why would horseman Daken care at all about Logan.

Superior Tony #2 - Daredevil confronts Tony about being basically a drug dealer, Tony smacks him around again because his liquid metal armor is OP and then he aparently cures Matt's blindness. I like dick Tony

Amazing X-Men #13 - surprisingly touching story about being gay and being a freak-looking mutant (which one of the students is both) as opposed to the pretty mutants. Nice issue ecen if it's just a filler story (actually I can't even remember if there is a over arching story on Amazing...I guess there was the Wendigo arc before)

This isn't part of the update but

Fraction's FF #7-16 - just to say again that this book is wonderful and charming as shit. Even if Doom is a bit silly and cartoonish in it. Going to finish the series now since #17 is the last.

Finally started watching season 5 of Game of Thrones from my DVR backlog. I'm 4 episodes in and they forked a branch from the books so hard this season they're off doing whatever at this point. Oh well. Im a Huuuuge fan of the books. Read them years before the show came into being, and like the show for what it is. What's funny though is I never get excited for the show. I think it's because I've read the books, there's no mystery of what happens next. It's either see what I know or watch the show writers make up their own stuff (which is usually worse). It's a shame I've resigned to the fact the books will never be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom