• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zennyzz

Thinking about it, I think I like the new kids more than I realized at first. I really hope
they don't become the next Brotherhood.

Bendis' Uncanny is great. I want an omnibus.

I think if they were allowed to be on their own as a team, they'd make a good book. Though I do feel they tend to get overshadowed by the old guard.

Hijack, Tempus, Deeds, Triage, Cuckoos

Lead by Celeste

That could be a really fun book

Messi

I think if they were allowed to be on their own as a team, they'd make a good book. Though I do feel they tend to get overshadowed by the old guard.

Lead by Celeste

I would love to subscribe to your newsletter.

Squire

Banned

Lead by Celeste

For sure. Bendis used them, but they're not quite front and center enough, I think. It's why it wasn't until the end that I even realized I actually do like them. And I'm sure that's a tough balance given what the old guard are contending with and how he also had to portray that.

DC CMX Sale. Booster gold and most importantly.....Kyle Bakers Plastic man! A must buy

https://www.comixology.com/Convergence-Week-8-Sale/page/6738?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

zUqxfoM.png

Messi

For sure. Bendis used them, but they're not quite front and center enough, I think. It's why it wasn't until the end that I even realized I actually do like them. And I'm sure that's a tough balance given what the old guard are contending with and how he also had to portray that.

They kind of just stand around questioning what the old guard are doing and asking where cyclops has gone to. Then every 4-5 issues they get brought into the open and get ambushed, use their powers and then back to the hideout.

I would love to read a book where they get to stretch a bit.

Eva got some development but the rest of them I feel are underserved.

They could have Magik as the leader though.

ElNarez

Banned
oh while we're on the topic, my X-Force dream team is fucking weird as shit, somehow weirder than the Puck one. Spoilering it to protect y'all from the fire.

-
Fantomex
-
Psylocke
-
Hope
-
Magneto
-
Mystique
-
MOTHERFUCKING XORN WHAT THE FUCK I KNOW RIGHT?????

Squire

Banned
They kind of just stand around questioning what the old guard are doing and asking where cyclops has gone to. Then every 4-5 issues they get brought into the open and get ambushed, use their powers and then back to the hideout.

That'd be great! I love Magik. I think she's earned that by now, too. If Sunspot and Cannonball can be Avengers, why not?

oh while we're on the topic, my X-Force dream team is fucking weird as shit, somehow weirder than the Puck one. Spoilering it to protect y'all from the fire.

-
Fantomex
-
Psylocke
-
Hope
-
Magneto
-
Mystique
-

I like your team! Also:
There's an alt-universe Xorn in ANX, I think. Your team makes more sense than you'd figure.

zennyzz

Yeah, but that kinda puts the cap on a Magik solo book. And I'd rather have a Magik solo book or a Magik/Strange Duo book.

Combine the mystical mysticism magic fuckery of Marvel Magic side of things with the occasional helping mutants in trouble thing she did in UXM 33 and you got a great book

Owzers

Dwight should be suspended for a game, i dislike when the rules feel arbitrarily executed. It's not just my Dwight-dislike, ruleeeeeeeeeeees.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, but that kinda puts the cap on a Magik solo book. And I'd rather have a Magik solo book or a Magik/Strange Duo book.

Combine the mystical mysticism magic fuckery of Marvel Magic side of things with the occasional helping mutants in trouble thing she did in UXM 33 and you got a great book

Desperately want that Magik/Strange book. Not sure she's fit for a solo. But then, I just really like team books. You could do it, but I'm sure it'd be fairly grim fairly often.

Rafa, were you aware of the fourth Moore brother? Apparently he drew the Freedom Fighters series that's on sale on CMX

-
Fantomex
-
Psylocke
-
Hope
-
Magneto
-
Mystique
-
It was good until the second member

Personally: Cable, Domino, Rogue, Fantomex, uhhh Chamber, and Gambit (gotta have the master thief on hand ofc). I like mine more imo

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished Fraction's FF. Fans of Doom will probably hate it but I loved the book. Wonder if Fraction actually has a problem with Doom tho because in the last issue he got kinda preachy using Lang as a proxy and basically saying "doom isn't deep or cool he's just an asshole"

Squire

Banned
If you only knew Hickman from Twitter and you heard he was writing Avengers, you'd probably have to wonder how the hell he got that job.

Drawing comics is hard so I've been avoiding it the past 2 weeks and just dicking around with some new photoshop brushes I got. It feels like I've forgotten how to draw because comics are exhausting in the best way.

I ended up doing a submission for Oni Press last night so hopefully maybe something will come from that.

On actual comics reading:

reread vol 1 of Criminal. Good stuff but I dont think it's Bru and Phillips's best. I really liked Sleeper so maybe Ill reread that too once I've gone through more of Criminal

Cade

Last night David Aja tweeted a .gif of a guy playing an xylophone with his penis, so....

we know what he's doing instead of drawing

Finally caught up with the current Secret Wars and offshoots, so I thought I'd go back and do a bit of catch up with stuff I missed later last year/earlier this year.

Inhuman, holy shit - those first three editions under Madureira's hand - gorgeous! Devastated he's not in some more of a permanent role at Marvel. I'd buy/read anything by him. Just love his art style.

Have been enjoying the series so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wolverine: "
Mojo
!"
Spidey: "Ah OK, whew it all makes sense now"

My thoughts exactly Spiderman lol

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But not even all hardcovers at this point. The new Avengers/New Avengers HC's don't, nor does Spider-Verse, and I'm pretty sure Battle of the Atom didn't either.

The big Intercrossover Events get Digital Codes, also the HCs with the standard trimsize.
OHCs wich collects Runs usually dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom