• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| - November is SPANKSGIVING! 30 Days of Appreciating Funnybooks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Is there anyone who does the internet right? It seems that the best way to stay cool and loved is to not interact, instead, just tweet cool catchphrases and witty remarks and never ever interact with the fans.

There's a few people with active formsprings and who post on CBR that are well-liked. Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders, off the top of my head. But then there's dumbass trolls like Tom Brevoort who spend their time on formspring pretending like the X-Men aren't the reason why Marvel still exists.

ReiGun

I had to unfollow Slott on twitter cause I could take his constant whining about trolls or even just general criticism. It was fine when it was once or twice, but now it's almost all he talks about. I can see he cares a lot about his work, but dude has got to calm down and let it roll off his back.

Seems Slott is doing his job pissing off all the right people.

I love him.

detail.jpg

Comic Hero tbh.

Is there anyone who does the internet right? It seems that the best way to stay cool and loved is to not interact, instead, just tweet cool catchphrases and witty remarks and never ever interact with the fans.

MMA GOD GSP does the internet right. Follow him on twitter.

frye

I love the high panel count on Hawkeye. Aja is hot fire (not to say Fraction isn't pulling his weight either, but god damn). What other comic can go dick to dick with Hawkeye in terms of straight-up satisfying single issues now?

I love the high panel count on Hawkeye. Aja is hot fire (not to say Fraction isn't pulling his weight either, but god damn). What other comic can go dick to dick with Hawkeye in terms of straight-up satisfying single issues now?

JMS's(yes that JMS) brave and the bold run was Fantastic

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
are you fucking serious?

so much quality in 3 pages.

it'll be worth it, though! have you read his FF run?

i believe in jonathan hickman.

You guys have to at least grab the trades when they hit, you really going to pass up on Avengers after what Hickman did with FF?

Oh I definitely want to read it I just don't want to spend that much on it. I haven't read his FF run yet but it is on my wishlist due to all of the praise it gets from you guys.

I might just make an exception and not put up with these long delays for UA and just get Avengers instead.

You guys have to at least grab the trades when they hit, you really going to pass up on Avengers after what Hickman did with FF?

No worries. Hickman is worth it. Other books are simply not with the extra $$ to me when there are so many excellent books to buy at Marvel, DC, and Indy.

CA: How does it fit in with the ongoing story that you're telling? You're doing a lot of stand-alone stories. The first three issues were very self-contained.

Fraction: The goal is that there'll never be more than a two-parter

Wish he wrote like this for Intolerable Iron Man >_>

Fantomex

So are most people really liking Bendis here? Because with me he is either hit or miss. I've been away for a long time, but the thing that bugged me about him, at least with big events. Is that on a 10 issue series only 2 issues were worth getting, the others were just too drawn out or redundant.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So are most people really liking Bendis here? Because with me he is either hit or miss. I've been away for a long time, but the thing that bugged me about him, at least with big events. Is that on a 10 issue series only 2 issues were worth getting, the others were just too drawn out or redundant.

Having read maybe 4 issues total of all his Avengers stuff, I've managed to stay relatively warm on Bendis just reading stuff like Ultimate Spidey, Alias, Moon Knight. His dialog gets hokey on occasion, but it's comics....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He's doing a good job on All New X-Men so far, but yea he is generally hit or miss. I'm not a big fan of his Avengers stuff.

the chris

He does great street level characters, he is completely wrong for epic/cosmic scale events though. His dialgue can be really annoying at times as well.

CA: How does it fit in with the ongoing story that you're telling? You're doing a lot of stand-alone stories. The first three issues were very self-contained.

Fraction: The goal is that there'll never be more than a two-parter

Wish he wrote like this for Intolerable Iron Man >_>

u didnt like the 30 issue arc where he builds an electric car???

FoneBone

You didn't love his Brave and the Bold? You are the first person I've ever seen say that.

You post in this thread, plenty of people have been negative about it (or about parts of it). That aforementioned Flash/Blackhawks issue was easily one of the worst things JMS had done until Grounded... most of it (that I read) was just forgettable. I liked the effort to give some attention to more obscure characters (Inferior Five, Dial H, Brother Power), but I don't think it was terribly good.

You post in this thread, plenty of people have been negative about it (or about parts of it). That aforementioned Flash/Blackhawks issue was easily one of the worst things JMS had done until Grounded... most of it (that I read) was just forgettable. I liked the effort to give some attention to more obscure characters (Inferior Five, Dial H, Brother Power), but I don't think it was terribly good.

Different strokes. Don't agree at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom