• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

Codeblue

I don't feel like Scar or Waffles are bad commentators, but they're not a great combination.

Also, I feel like HBox is going to kill the dream.

Huge improvement by Leffen though. He looked way more confident and he played way cleaner than he had been in recent months.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If he doesn't take a game during set one it's probably going to be ugly. If he can take a game maybe he can get warmed up for set 2.

There's a game!

Codeblue

3rd through 5th place at this tournament got eliminated by HBox and Plup. Big cash difference for the same result. Really highlights why people get heated about seeding.

Pappasman

Hbox is so goddamn good.

And yeah, picking a secondary fox when Hbox just ran through M2K, Armada, and Leffen probably isn't the best choice.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hbox is so goddamn good.

And yeah, picking a secondary fox when Hbox just ran through M2K, Armada, and Leffen probably isn't the best choice.

Plup has never beaten Hbox with a different character has he?

Edit: Actually he might have with Sheik at locals but not recently.

Plup looks like he kinda mentally reset, which is something I'm not even sure i've seen him do in a match with crazy high stakes like this.
As he gets rested ffs

or for fucks sake

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Figures. At least Plup pulled it off against Armada. Hbox is ridiculously good, but Plup was pretty sloppy for a good chunk of that grand finals.

Good shit hbox, crazy run by plup though.

This tournament was really crazy with all the upsets and a lot of people not expected to get knocked out getting knocked out early on.

Neol

Rip plup ;-;

Can't say he deserved it though.

Props to Hbox and his onslaught of foxes. Really wish people explored other matchups with puff. Really feel like Marth is a good contender if m2k stuck with it.

Codeblue

Rip plup ;-;

Can't say he deserved it though.

Props to Hbox and his onslaught of foxes. Really wish people explored other matchups with puff. Really feel like Marth is a good contender if m2k stuck with it.

M2K once went Marth and Sheik vs HBox then said in the interview that he did it to show that it couldn't be done so people would stop suggesting it.

His Marth goes toe to toe with Armada after he actually put work into it, and Marth wins that match up on paper. He just has a mental block.

Neol

M2K once went Marth and Sheik vs HBox then said in the interview that he did it to show that it couldn't be done so people would stop suggesting it.

His Marth goes toe to toe with Armada after he actually put work into it, and Marth wins that match up on paper. He just has a mental block.

Yup that's m2k :/

Makes me sad how he views things so hard on character MU's instead of adjusting play style. Kinda makes me sad he's the only viable Marth to win these days with PPMD MIA ;-;

emb

Hbox went on such a crazy run. M2K, Armada, Leffen, Plup all in a row.

Wish we could have gotten Plup/Leff finals, but still quite a display.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That would be sick to have the tournament at Michigan Stadium, but I don't know that it would actually work out as well in real life as it sounds in theory.

Top Bottom