• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Complete List of Announced Wii Games

ethelred

Heian asked someone else to put together the lists for the other systems since the PS3 list took him so long, so I figured I'd do the Wii list. It was a bit easier for me to do this list since GameSpot put out a pretty comprehensive listing after E3, and since prior to E3, we had the Official Revolution Speculation thread which had been tracking game announcements and confirmations.

I'm following the same guidelines Heian used in his list:
Heian-kyo said:
Every title listed below has been confirmed to be in development, either by a media outlet or the developer themselves; there are many other titles rumored or all but announced, but I've left those off for now.

I bolded the exclusives; games that we don't know enough about I left unbolded. I've left off stuff like Pilotwings or Duck Hunt since at this point it's unclear if some of the demos that were shown off will become actual games.

If I've left anything off, feel free to post it. I'll continue to update this post whenever new announcements are made.

Total Game Count: 162
Total Exclusives: 87

Activision
-Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
-Spiderman
-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
-Call of Duty 3

AQ Interactive
-Untitled Boxing Action Game
-Untitled Comic License Game

ASNETWORKS
-Untitled Action Game
-Untitled Fishing Game
-Untitled Shooting Game

Atari
-Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2

Atlus
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Banpresto
-Crayon Shin Chan Saikyou Kazoku Kasukabe King Wii
-Untitled Action Game

Bob Ross Interactive LLC
-Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting

Buena Vista Games
-Disney's Chicken Little: Ace in Action
-Disney's Meet the Robinsons

Capcom
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Corp Chronicles
-Sengoku Basara (Devil Kings

Cellien Studios
-Untitled Game

Crave Entertainment
-Veggie Tales: LarryBoy and the Bad Apple

D3Publisher
-SIMPLE series
-Untitled Acton Game

Eidos
-Untitled Game

Electronic Arts
-Madden NFL '07
-Harry Potter Wii
-SSX Wii
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour
-The Godfather
-Medal of Honor Airborne
-Need for Speed: Carbon

Emerging Entertainment
-Untitled Game

Epoch
-Untitled Action Game

From Software
-Untitled Action Game
-Untitled RPG

Genki
-Untitled Game

High Voltage Software
-Untitled Project

Hudson Soft
-Bombermanland
-Wing Island
-Kurorinpa
-Fishing Master
-Sudoku
-Crossword
-Jigsaw

Ignition Entertainment
-Mercury Type R

Interchannel
-Fencing Action

Jaleco
-Untitled Game

Koei
-Sengoku Wave
-Horse Racing Action
-Mahjong Wii
-Untitled RPG

Konami Digital Entertainment
-Untitled Kojima Productions Game
-Elebits
-Untitled Music Simulation Game
-Untitled Action Adventure Game 1
-Untitled Action Adventure Game 2
-Untitled Soccer Game
-Untitled Baseball Game
-Untitled RPG

LucasArts
-Untitled Game

Majesco
-Bust-A-Move Revolution
-Untitled Game

Marvelous Interactive
-Ranch Story
-Heroes (Grasshopper Manufacture)
-Legend of the River King
-Untitled Original Simulation Game

Mastiff
-Mr. D. Goes to Town

Midway Games
-Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
-The Ant Bully
-Happy Feet
-Blitz: The League
-Rampage: Total Destruction
-The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Milestone
-Untitled Vertical Scrolling Shooter
-Untitled Action Game

MTO
-Healing Type Character Action Game
-SAN-X All-Star Revolution

Namco Bandai Games
-Final Furlong
-Digimon
-SD Gundam G Breaker
-One Piece Unlimited Adventure
-Tamagotchi
-Sword of Legendia
-Tatsujin Festival
-Pac Man Carnival
-Dress Unlimited Adventure
-Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Neo
-Mobile Suit Gundam

Natsume
-Harvest Moon (Marvelous)

Nintendo
-My First Wii
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Animal Crossing Wii
-Pokemon Battle Revolution
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
-Mario Kart Wii
-Wii Sports
-Wii Music
-Donkey Kong
-Marionette
-Big Brain Academy Wii
-Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast
-Forever Blue
-Mario Party 8
-EyeShield 21
-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (NST)
-Super Paper Mario (Intelligent Systems)
-Fire Emblem: Dawn of the Goddess (Intelligent Systems)
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Retro Studios)
-Star of Kirby (HAL Laboratories)
-ExciteTruck (Monster Games)
-Disaster: Day of Crisis (Monolith Software)
-Mario Strikers Charged (Next Level Games)
-Batallion Wars 2 (Kuju Entertainment)
-Untitled Camelot RPG (Camelot Software Planning)
-Untitled Game (n-Space)
-Untitled Game (n-Space)

Sega
-Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Bleach Wii
-GUN SHOOTING

SNK
-Metal Slug Anthology

Spike
-Necro-Nesia
-Jawa

Square Enix
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
-Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
-Motto! Mawasundaa!! (Taito)
-Cooking Mama: Cooking with International Friends (Taito)
-Densha de GO! (Taito)

System 3
-Gottleib Pinball Classics
-Leaderboard
-Super Fruit Fall

Tecmo
-Super Swing Golf PANGYA (NTREEV Soft)

The Game Factory
-Untitled Game

THQ
-SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (Blitz Games)
-Disney/Pixar Cars
-Barnyard
-Untitled Game
-Untitled Game

Tomy Takara
-Untitled 3D Action Game
-Untitled Action Game
-Battle Action

Ubisoft
-Red Steel
-Rayman: Raving Rabbids
-Far Cry: Vengeance
-GT Pro Series (MTO)
-Monster 4x4 World Circuit
-Prince of Persia
-Splinter Cell: Double Agent
-Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
-Open Season
-Lost: The Game

Vivendi Universal Games
-Ice Age 2: The Meltdown

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
-Untitled Game

Yukes
-Dog Island

Unknown Publisher
-Untitled GearBox Game
-Untitled Next Level Action Adventure
-Untitled Coresoft Game
-Untitled Terminal Reality Game
-Untitled Relic Entertainment Game
-Untitled Papaya Studio Game

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
You forgot Mario Kart, and I think Midway said they're bringing Stranglehold as well.

ethelred

Oblivion said:
You forgot Mario Kart, and I think Midway said they're bringing Stranglehold as well.

I can't find any confirmation of that... only speculation. Speculation was focused here and here. Both indicate that Stranglehold MAY go to Wii but that it's not confirmed. If you know of a more up-to-date piece of news, let me know, and I'll edit the first post. I'll put Mario Kart in, though.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
ethelred said:
Namco Bandai Games
-Final Furlong

Please let this be about

furlong.jpg

Oblivion

ethelred said:
I can't find any confirmation of that... only speculation. Speculation was focused here and here. Both indicate that Stranglehold MAY go to Wii but that it's not confirmed. If you know of a more up-to-date piece of news, let me know, and I'll edit the first post. I'll put Mario Kart in, though.

You're right. Nevermind with that, then.

Also, dunno if you wanna add them in, but there are 4 more unannounced games Sega has planned according to that report from yesterday (someone made a thread about that).

TreIII

One of the things that will perhaps kill me softly a bit each day until the truth is un-earthed, is the question of "what the hell is From Software making?".

Part of me thinks that it could be Armored Core or a similar spin-off (any one remember import-only Frame Gride for DC?). It's what From is infamous for, plus, I believe they already said that they were interested in "spreading out the franchise" to non-Sony consoles as well.

But on the other hand, there's always Otogi. Ahh, I loved those games. Of course, I didn't think any of the two games sold that well on the 'Box, thus perhaps killing the notion of making another sequel quite utterly. Of course, maybe they wish to try again with another console demographic that may be more recieving of the games. As long as they fix some of the things that rather "off-setted" the overall nice presentation that the two games had, I'd sop it up with the quickness...

Then again, it could just as easily be something new, or yet another Tenchu game...but eh, I never really care for those games that much...

ethelred

AniHawk said:
Also add Need for Speed Carbon (GOTY)

Is that coming to all consoles? I can't find anything for it beyond PS3.

Treefrog said:
That seems to have mostly everything.

Sadness? :lol

:lol

AndoCalrissian said:
Hopefully we see some decent support from Capcom, Konami, Namco, and maybe even Tecmo.

Given that the President of Konami recently said that he expects Wii to dominate Japan (his word), it seems reasonable that the company may be announcing some more games in the future. As to Capcom... at the very least, Infafune says he sees it as the home of the MegaMan franchise.

Oblivion said:
You're right. Nevermind with that, then.

Also, dunno if you wanna add them in, but there are 4 more unannounced games Sega has planned according to that report from yesterday (someone made a thread about that).

Well, the theory was that Sega was listing each regional release as a separate game. So under that, the 7 Wii games would be: Sonic (JP), Sonic (EU), Sonic (NA), SMB (JP), SMB (NA), SMB (EU), and Untitled Game (??). It may be that they have seven actual games in development but I figured it was better to err on the side of caution.

TreIII

ethelred said:
Given that the President of Konami recently said that he expects Wii to dominate Japan (his word), it seems reasonable that the company may be announcing some more games in the future.

Oh really? Would you care to give a link to his quote? I'd like to read the article for myself...

ethelred

koam said:
Twilight Princess is exclusive technically. The wii version has features that the cube one doesn't

I dunno, I'd be more inclined to consider it an enhanced/upgraded port, personally. If folks disagree, I'll bow to the popular opinion.

Zyid said:
This was confirmed as an exclusive...

I wasn't sure if it had been or not. Thanks, I'll edit.

Zeed

Banned
ethelred said:
I dunno, I'd be more inclined to consider it an enhanced/upgraded port, personally. If folks disagree, I'll bow to the popular opinion.
I say bold it. It's a tricky situation, but I'd say the Wii game is it's own entity.

Speevy

Banned
OT: If anyone needs a large list of 360 games (not even close to all of them), try my post in the Official MS Conference thread.

On topic, I can't wait to see the first Fire Emblem game for the Wii.

Zeed

Banned
Speevy said:
The only thing that I'm apprehensive about is what they could possibly use the controller for, unless they go the SSBB route and support simple, non-motion controlled play.

Speevy

Banned
Zyid said:
The only thing that I'm apprehensive about is what they could possibly use the controller for, unless they go the SSBB route and support simple, non-motion controlled play.

It really doesn't matter with Fire Emblem. I just want to play it.

Left out Nibris, nice.

No seriously, those dudes are a joke, don't include them until we someting that looks like more then your better then average fan art.

ethelred

Andonuts said:
I don't know if these are "official" or not but you left off "raid on the river" and "sadness" by Nibris.

Because those games are a joke.

I could get a group of friends together and say, "Yeah, we're developing this awesome new RPG for the Wii," but we don't have dev-kits so we'd be developing jack shit. Nibris has no dev kits, has never developed a game before, and has no publisher.

At least AGFRAG has a real corporation working with them and has had talks with publishers. But until there's some concrete evidence of any Nibris games being developed they don't deserve to be on any lists. :p

Speevy said:

No kidding, it's my #1 most wanted game on that entire list.

Zyid said:

Pure speculation... my guess is they'll do something like "Point at a unit to select it, point at a destination to move there," similar to the touch-screen controls in Advance Wars DS. I would also imagine there'll be some motion based camera panning across the maps.

They'll probably be limited, optional controls and I would imagine that the game will also support standard controls (perhaps through the retro controller).

Zeed

Banned
ethelred said:
Pure speculation... my guess is they'll do something like "Point at a unit to select it, point at a destination to move there," similar to the touch-screen controls in Advance Wars DS. I would also imagine there'll be some motion based camera panning across the maps.

They'll probably be limited, optional controls and I would imagine that the game will also support standard controls (perhaps through the retro controller).
Well, I don't think that it'd actually need the retro controller at all. It's not a game that demands a lot of buttons, and I see no reason why it wouldn't work just with the nunchuck, or even with the Wiimote turned on its side NES style. No matter how it works though, I can't wait to play it.

But we're getting off topic. Might as well put the Nibris stuff on there for the hell of it. I mean, those poor guys do try.

Andonuts

Fair enough. But sadness is still the most interesting-sounding thing that anyone's announced for wii. Even if it's not real.

To their credit, they've managed to get a lot of press on their games for someone without a license or a devkit. And they seem well-intentioned enough so that they aren't trying to put anyone on.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you can count the interesting third-party games on one...hoof. nintendo consoles don't make big tgs showings either. support may eventually pick up, but nintendo's really going to have to carry the console at first. i wonder if they're up to it.

drohne

and hasn't kojima confirmed in an interview that he isn't currently working on a wii game? i know he said he was working with the console in some video snippet at the controller's original unveiling.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
drohne said:
you can count the interesting third-party games on one...hoof. nintendo consoles don't make big tgs showings either. support may eventually pick up, but nintendo's really going to have to carry the console at first. i wonder if they're up to it.

What, are you not intrested in the wonder that will be Bust-A-Move Revolution?

Amir0x

Banned
drohne said:

I actually agree. That was the one thing that really disappointed me about E3 - Wii definitely showed it could work given a smart and talented development team, but it seems like devs just aren't ready to really toss the big shit to it yet. I suppose that should be an obvious thing... the console is pretty out there... but it was definitely the downside to all the positive buzz surrounding Nintendo at E3.

Oblivion

drohne said:
and hasn't kojima confirmed in an interview that he isn't currently working on a wii game? i know he said he was working with the console in some video snippet at the controller's original unveiling.

He actually said he is indeed working on a game. The MGA team is supposed to be on it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
I actually agree. That was the one thing that really disappointed me about E3 - Wii definitely showed it could work given a smart and talented development team, but it seems like devs just aren't ready to really toss the big shit to it yet. I suppose that should be an obvious thing... the console is pretty out there... but it was definitely the downside to all the positive buzz surrounding Nintendo at E3.

The Wii is basically going to go through the same shit the the DS went through.

drohne

then what was that comment about "i'd love to run away and make a wii game, but mgs4 is keeping me busy?" (i paraphrase)

and isn't the mga team doing mgpo? i know shinta nojiri -- mga's creator -- is directing and producing.

Oblivion

drohne said:
then what was that comment about "i'd love to run away and make a wii game, but mgs4 is keeping me busy?" (i paraphrase)

and isn't the mga team doing mgpo? i know shinta nojiri -- mga's creator -- is directing and producing.

Maybe he meant that MGS4 is just taking up most of his time? Beats me. It is possible that there was a change of plans since the last interview.

When and where was this confirmed?

Nintendo Power, an interview with Hideki Konno back a few months ago.

ethelred

Amir0x said:

Mm... there's a lot -- a lot -- of crappy looking and sounding stuff currently listed under those third parties, and I'd say that right now, on the whole, they're not nearly living up to the potential of what they could be developing.

However, despite the crap, I think there's quite a few potentially excellent third party games on that list. Some of those were playable at E3, too, and what was playable of them was awesome. I see at least 8 games on that list that are sounding high quality so far and could turn out very well.

And for the Harvest Moon fans out there, hey, three Harvest Moonish games already. Not bad.

Andonuts said:
Fair enough. But sadness is still the most interesting-sounding thing that anyone's announced for wii. Even if it's not real.

Uh... no. :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oblivion said:
Nintendo Power, an interview with Hideki Konno back a few months ago.

Thanks. I guess I'd know that if I ever read the copies of Nintendo Power that keep showing up in the mail. :lol

Top Bottom