• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Complete List of Announced Wii Games

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
The Wii is basically going to go through the same shit the the DS went through.

I know the need for revisionist history after all the trolling DS got by PSP fans in the early days, but from the very start the DS had the development support on its side. Even if the early games sucked, the future always looked very bright from game support terms. This is the opposite of what is happening for Wii, with devs seemingly needing for the system to 'prove itself' on the market before really backing it with a major committment.

ethelred said:
Mm... there's a lot -- a lot -- of crappy looking and sounding stuff currently listed under those third parties, and I'd say that right now, on the whole, they're not nearly living up to the potential of what they could be developing.

However, despite the crap, I think there's quite a few potentially excellent third party games on that list. Some of those were playable at E3, too, and what was playable of them was awesome. I see at least 8 games on that list that are sounding high quality so far and could turn out very well.

And for the Harvest Moon fans out there, hey, three Harvest Moonish games already. Not bad.

Just opinion to opinion, this is what I am currently interested in:

Third Parties:

Resident Evil (if it's a 'real' RE, and not some shitty Gun Survivor game)
Elebits
Kojima Productions Game
Sonic Wild Fire
Metal Slug Anthology (if they allow standard control)
Rayman: Raving Rabbids

First Parties:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
Fire Emblem Wii

That's a pretty insignificant list for my needs, really. And some of these games even have caveats. Naturally I need to see what a lot of these 'untitled' games are, but it just seems so barren by comparrison to 360 and PS3. I expected a lot of this early, but it's definitely disappointing given the positive buzz surrounding what wiimote can do for games.

Amir0x said:
I know the need for revisionist history after all the trolling DS got by PSP fans in the early days, but from the very start the DS had the development support on its side. Even if the early games sucked, the future always looked very bright from game support terms. This is the opposite of what is happening for Wii, with devs seemingly needing for the system to 'prove itself' on the market before really backing it with a major committment.

WTF? DS had a shit-ass drought for 6+ months. The big announcements took time to roll in. Wii already has at least a few major announcements, and it's still 6 months from launch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:

That is not exactly what I am talking about, I am nore refering to the whole development process on the Wii, it is going to take some time for devs, Nintendo included tofully get the hang of things.

ethelred

AdmiralViscen said:
WTF? DS had a shit-ass drought for 6+ months. The big announcements took time to roll in. Wii already has at least a few major announcements, and it's still 6 months from launch.

I agree with this. The DS didn't get a lot of its major third party announcements until E3 05, which was several months after launch. Six months before launch? I don't think the declared third party support was all that overwhelming.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Danthrax said:
When and where was this confirmed?
when they announced they were making a followup to the gamecube.

also implicitly confirmed were mario wii, zelda wii, smash brothers wii, mario party wii wtc. etc. etc.

Amir0x said:

[snip]

That's a pretty insignificant list for my needs, really. And some of these games even have caveats. Naturally I need to see what a lot of these 'untitled' games are, but it just seems so barren by comparrison to 360 and PS3. I expected a lot of this early, but it's definitely disappointing given the positive buzz surrounding what wiimote can do for games.
I don't necessarily agree with you on DS, it seems to be the same situation: a lot of companies announce support, don't really release anything worthwhile until the machine proves itself, and then jump on it fully. A lot of that first period is experimentation.

As far as the buzz surrounding the wiimote, don't forget that the first public test of it was less than two weeks ago. I think up to now we've had a lot of companies that are interested and say they'll support it, but not really doing anything. Now that they've seen the public's reaction to it (quite positive) they will probably solidify their plans for it. I'm hoping, at least.

Either way, I'm good because I don't really buy more than 6-12 games a year. That could change though, because I have more DS games in it's first year and a half than I think I've had for any other system in recent memory and a good percentage are non-Nintendo titles.

Amir0x said:

Third Parties:

Elebits
Kojima Productions Game
Sonic Wild Fire

First Parties:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
Fire Emblem Wii

Wow, 10 games youre currently interested in and its still an insignificant number. damn.

Amir0x

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:

No doubt there was a drought, but it WASN'T for lack of committment. Many great games were announced throughout this time, and before DS even launched... it just took time in development. Like most systems :p

ScalemailTed said:
Wow, 10 games youre currently interested in and its still an insignificant number. damn.

Yes, especially considering two of those games could be found on other platforms! For a system I'll be investing in for 5-6 years, 10 games is very small up front. Usually a system has at least 20-30 really positive games for me to look forward to in the early days. Many of these end of sucking, but its the variety that makes it so appealing in the end. Lots of different things to try out.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Amir0x said:
Did it? This is the DS' 3rd party list coming from of E3 2004:

Activision: Spiderman 2

Atari: Project TBA

Bandai: One Piece,
other games TBA

Banpresto: Dragon Ball Z

Capcom: Megaman Battle Network
Viewtiful Joe DS
Gyakuten Saiban

Electronic Arts: Need for Speed

From Software Project TBA

Hudson: Bomberman
other projects TBA

Koei: Dynasty Warriors

Konami: Frogger 2005
Yu-Gi-Oh: Nightmare Troubadour

Majesco: Project TBA

Namco: Mr. Driller
TBA RPG

Sega: Project Rub

Square Enix: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Egg Monster Hero
Dragon Quest Monsters

Tecmo: Monster Rancher

THQ: Spongebob Squarepants

Ubisoft: Rayman

Vivendi: Project TBA

I think Wii is doing better than the DS was at the same point.

Amir0x said:
No doubt there was a drought, but it WASN'T for lack of committment. Many great games were announced throughout this time, and before DS even launched... it just took time in development. Like most systems :p

Yes, especially considering two of those games could be found on other platforms! For a system I'll be investing in for 5-6 years, 10 games is very small up front. Usually a system has at least 20-30 really positive games for me to look forward to in the early days. Many of these end of sucking, but its the variety that makes it so appealing in the end. Lots of different things to try out.

Truth be told, I'd expect alot of games like Wii sports from Nintendo that seems the direction Nintendo is going for, cheap games that will still sell well. I will also say, TGS will really be the make or break show for wii titles. Is nintendo planning to reappear there this year?

Amir0x

Banned
JJConrad said:

Activision: Spiderman 2

Atari: Project TBA

Bandai: One Piece,
other games TBA

Banpresto: Dragon Ball Z

Capcom: Megaman Battle Network
Viewtiful Joe DS
Gyakuten Saiban

Electronic Arts: Need for Speed

From Software Project TBA

Hudson: Bomberman
other projects TBA

Koei: Dynasty Warriors

Konami: Frogger 2005
Yu-Gi-Oh: Nightmare Troubadour

Majesco: Project TBA

Namco: Mr. Driller
TBA RPG

Sega: Project Rub

Square Enix: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Egg Monster Hero
Dragon Quest Monsters

Tecmo: Monster Rancher

THQ: Spongebob Squarepants

Ubisoft: Rayman

Vivendi: Project TBA

Heh, funny... some of the announced products from third parties are exactly the same in terms of names. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quest spin-off from SquareEnix. Ubisoft providing Rayman, Hudson with bomberman, Dragonball Z and One Piece game, some Spider-Man :p

However, it really didn't exist in a vacuum. Comparing to PSP - which, for instance, barely had any SquareEnix support announced at this time frame - it was doing very well.

Anyway, as is pretty clear I'm talking from perspective - the timeline was different for DS in terms of what devs got the real fill in, and so the list obviously got filled in a LOT closer to DS launch than Wii is.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, to be fair it has only been what two weeks since the iron curtain has been lifted over the Wii, more games will be announced.

Beowvlf

Banned
JJConrad said:

snip

I remember the DS Harvest Moon being known around that time as well. And is it just me, or is that list pretty much identical to this Wii list? I mean, aside from a couple titles, I'd say both are remarkably similar and level with one another.

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
Well, to be fair it has only been what two weeks since the iron curtain has been lifted over the Wii, more games will be announced.

No doubt. If it's not clear, I am not making any definitive judgment here. Just assessing the current state of the union, as it were.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
No doubt. If it's not clear, I am not making any definitive judgment here. Just assessing the current state of the union, as it were.

Indeed, indeed, though if things do turn out to be peaches and cream the Wii could have one of the better launches, game wise, in history.

The Wii is definitely set for a better first 6 months than DS or Cube or N64. If it winds up being another Dreamcast, that's fine by me. 200 bucks for a year and a half of great gaming. But I expect things to get better as time goes on.

Like someone else said, the curtain only came up two weeks ago. I think it looks way more promising than DS did before launch.

ethelred

Heian-kyo said:
I remember the DS Harvest Moon being known around that time as well. And is it just me, or is that list pretty much identical to this Wii list? I mean, aside from a couple titles, I'd say both are remarkably similar and level with one another.

It's pretty similar to the DS list, though I'd say it's a good bit stronger overall. Even that, though, is fairly notable -- it's certainly a huge turnaround from the GameCube. The early list of Wii support blows the GCN out of the water.

My own thoughts on this is that at this point in time, six months before the launch of a console following up the current generation's third-place console... it's a very impressive list. Very strong Nintendo lineup, and some potentially great third party stuff (filled in with lots of crap). Developers are being cautious in comparison to the early support shown to the PS3, but they're also embracing the console a whole lot more than its predecessor, when the natural assumption after GameCube's failure would be less support, not more. So in that sense, the "differentiation" approach is working so far.

My other guesses would be that first, there's a lot more Nintendo stuff in various stages of development than what's being represented here, just based on how low the output of most of the studios have been over the past two years and how known it is that Iwata had been preparing for the next-gen from a software perspective... and based on how secretive the company usually is anyway. And second, that it won't be until the coming months leading up to TGS and the PS3/Wii launches that we get a better feel for whether or not the events of E3 (extremely positive reaction to Wii, negative reaction to PS3 price) will result in more third party support than what's on display here. "Yes" is my guess.

koam said:
I think Twilight should be bolded regardless since the game is exclusive to Nintendo.

Buuuuut... it's not exclusive to Wii. This is just a Wii list, not a "Nintendo titles in general" list. ATM votes are evenly split between bolding and not bolding.

AdmiralViscen said:
The Wii is definitely set for a better first 6 months than DS or Cube or N64. If it winds up being another Dreamcast, that's fine by me. 200 bucks for a year and a half of great gaming. But I expect things to get better as time goes on.

Like someone else said, the curtain only came up two weeks ago. I think it looks way more promising than DS did before launch.

Absolutely agree.

Monk

Banned

Third Parties:
DQ spinoff
Elebits
Trauma Center

First Parties:
Wii Sports
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Fire Emblem Wii
Zelda Wii

This is what the list looks like if i only include must haves:
DQ spinoff
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda Wii

And that is within the first year, I am quite happy.

Polari

Yay for Square Enix, they've really stepped up.

Capcom on the other hand needs to get their shit together. Maybe Nintendo are just fucked off that Capcom hosed them when it came to exclusives last time around and are giving them the cold shoulder?

Oh we've got this game called Viewtiful Joe and it's exclusive to Gamecube.
Oh we've got this game called Killer7 and it's exclusive to Gamecube.
Oh we've got this game called Resident Evil 4 and it's exclusive to Gamecube.

TreIII

Polari said:
Yay for Square Enix, they've really stepped up.

Capcom on the other hand needs to get their shit together. Maybe Nintendo are just fucked off that Capcom hosed them when it came to exclusives last time around and are giving them the cold shoulder?

Heh, more like Capcom just needs to get it together entirely. If it weren't for their ol reliable Rockman providing a consistent cash-flow for them over the last few years, Capcom would have gone the same route as SNK did a few years back (and I doubt Capcom would have lucked out and had some smart CEO's daughter bail them out too).

But ah well, I'm still hoping the best for them. A Wii-exclusive Rockman (espcially if it was a follow-up to EXE, like he alluded to in his interview), would definitely rake in the cash for them. And again, if they are indeed planning to pull away from the PSP, maybe some of the games that were meant for it further down the road could be made into Wii titles instead. I really don't see "Ghouls N Ghosts" being a mega hit on the PSP...not even in the same regard that the Rockman remakes were...

Also, has there been any word about that arcade title they were working on, "War of the Grail"? I was actually interested in that, but there hasn't been anything heard on that since AOU earlier this year. That's easily another title just begging to get more hype if it eventually comes home to consoles...

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Amir0x said:

wait... what? the system isnt even out yet.. did you have 20-30 games you wanted to play on the 360 before it was released? do you have 20-30 ps3 games you want to play? unless you really like playing crap. . i dont see how thats possible.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
quadriplegicjon said:
wait... what? the system isnt even out yet.. did you have 20-30 games you wanted to play on the 360 before it was released? do you have 20-30 ps3 games you want to play? unless you really like playing crap. . i dont see how thats possible.

Especally on the budget that Ami has for games and stuff, which is appreantly very little.

Amir0x

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:

For 360 6 months ahead of time, no. But it was in a better state, and I still don't own a 360 so there's nothing hypocritical about that. NOW, however, yes there's more than that I want.

For PS3... hmmm, it's close to that. There are a lot of games I want to play on it, but it's $600 dollars.

Third Parties:

Red Dead Revolver 2 (Rockstar)
Grand Theft Auto 4 (Rockstar)
Alone in the Dark 5
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil 5
Monster Hunter 3
Colin McRae Rally '07
Army of Two
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Gust RPG
Gradius VI (if it still exists)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Stranglehold
Unreal Tournament 2007
Mercenaries 2: World of Flames
Makai Wars
Heavy Rain
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Tennis 3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Assassin's Creed
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Haze (Free Radical)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

First Parties:

Lair (if it's more that just graphic awesome, which is a BIG "if")
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ratchet and Clank
Untitled Adventure (Naughty Dog)
Heavenly Sword (Ninja Theory)
Warhawk (Incog)
Afrika (Rhino Studios) -- maybe, if it's a SAFARI HUNTER game
L.A Noire (Team Bondi)
Gran Turismo 5 (Polyphony Digital)

Final Count: 35

And I don't think most of these can be considered "shit" in terms of how they look, play or sound so far. The only thing is that a good number of this is multiplatform.

TreIII said:
If it weren't for their ol reliable Rockman providing a consistent cash-flow for them over the last few years, Capcom would have gone the same route as SNK did a few years back (and I doubt Capcom would have lucked out and had some smart CEO's daughter bail them out too).
Are you absolutely raving mad? If Capcom started to falter Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft would all pounce on buying them. Hell even other third parties would try to buy them. Capcom has FAR too many franchises to just die. It simply would not happen.

madara

Yeah I agree I wish they came out the door stronger and 3rd party werent waiting it out so much. What DQ and RE end up being will be a indicative of Wii early on.

jarrod

Banned
Amir0x said:
However, it really didn't exist in a vacuum. Comparing to PSP - which, for instance, barely had any SquareEnix support announced at this time frame - it was doing very well.
Actually no, PSP had almost double the announced 3rd party games... even their JP only list had more games at E3 2004 actually...

CAPCOM
Vampire Chronicle (tentative name, fighting)
Devil May Cry Series (tentative name, stylish action)
Viewtiful Joe Series (tentative name, VFX action)

GENKI
Tokyo Xtreme Racer (racing)

KOEI
Shin Sangoku Musou (tentative name, action)
Strategy Game (tentative name, simulation)
Table Game (tentative name, table game)

KONAMI
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim (tentative name, action-RPG)
Sports Game: Soccer (tentative name, soccer)
Sports Game: Baseball (tentative name, baseball)
Mahjong Kakutou (tentative name, table game)
Meikyu Tansaku Gata Monster Shooting (tentative name, FPS)

KONAMI COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT JAPAN
Metal Gear Acid (tentative name, genre TBA)

CYBER FRONT
Koron (puzzle/action)

SUCCESS
Kumo nofu ~ Raibo ~ (communication/adventure)
Sho Mate (table game)
Zooo (puzzle)

SQUARE ENIX
TBA (genre TBA)

SEGA
Puyo Puyo Fever (action-puzzle)

Project S (tentative name, genre TBA)

TAITO
Puzzle Bobble (puzzle)

DORASU
Dorasurotto (pachinko simulation)

NAU PRODUCTION
Intelligent License (tentative name, puzzle quiz)
Onryou no Mura (tentative name translates to "Village of Ghost), horror/adventure)

NAMCO
Tales of Eternia(RPG)
New Ridge Racer (tentative name, race)
New Puzzle game (tentative name, puzzle)

NIPPON ICHI SOFTWARE
Makkai Wars (tentative name, simulation-RPG)

HUDSON
Tengai Makyo Series (tentative name, Japanese-style RPG)
Bomberman Series (tentative name, action)
The Tower of Purgatory (Sci-fi action/RPG)

BANDAI
Gagharv (tentative name, RPG)
Mobile Suit Gundam (tentative name, genre TBA)

BANPRESTO
Super Robot Taisen (tentative name, genre TBA)

FROM SOFTWARE
Armored Core Formula Front (mech game)

TOMY
Action Game (action)

YUKES
Pro Wrestling (tentative name, sports)

WORK JAM
Tantei Shinguji Santarou (tentative name, adventure)

...I'd say it's very comparable to Wii vs PS3.

Ponn

Banned
The lineup isn't too bad, at least they have a Mario. My main worry which was in the back of my head came to the forefront at E3. I was a little dissappointed in the titles I saw. For the last 6 months all i've been hearing from developers is how innovative the controller is and how many ideas can be done, etc etc. Come E3 I didn't see one game that broke out of any already established mold and thats what I was afraid would happen. I was really wanting to see some new game experiences, fresh games and the closest were all Nintendo titles but even those were built upon already established genres. I'm looking more for new ways of gaming, not a new way to play games I currently play. I want more games that I could only ever play on Revolution because of the controller. I just didn't see the game there that I wanted to WOW me but I still have hope because I saw more of what the controller can do so hopefully somebody somewhere is working on it. Maybe we will see something more at Spaceworld.

jarrod

Banned
Should we add Virtual Console?

Hudson Entertainment
-Bonk's Adventure

Nintendo
-Super Mario 64
-Super Mario Bros.

SEGA
-Sonic the Hedgehog

Amir0x

Banned
jarrod said:
Actually no, PSP had almost double the announced 3rd party games... even their JP only list had more games at E3 2004 actually...

*big list*.

Yeah, PS3 has tons of big support and PSP had none (except Devil May Cry, which functionally doesn't even exist anymore and arguably Metal Gear Ac!d, but we all see how that turned out), compared to DS which already had big SquareEnix support (in handheld terms) even early on and as well as relatively big franchises in handheld terms. And, as I said, the timeline difference between Wii and DS is also significant. Wii, really, has been an on going effort for Nintendo for quite sometime... it's what they hinge all future business on. If this is what they muster up to start with, after what I hope is some decent collaborations, then it's pretty weak overall.

By the time DS and PSP were launching, it was clear where the major support was going if you ask me... and there's no chance of something similar happening for PS3, unless every Japanese dev simultaneously jumps ship due to the price.

jarrod said:
Hudson Entertainment
-Bonk's Adventure

Nintendo
-Super Mario 64
-Super Mario Bros.

SEGA
-Sonic the Hedgehog

Man, that shit don't count toward announced games for Wii library.

Amir0x

Banned
Magicpaint said:
You must be looking at a different lineup from me.

OLOL That must be it yeah!

Thanks for informing me, without your piercing good eye I would never have known.

Now I've just seen the REAL lineup, and for some reason it's still getting fucking suplexed eighteen times by 360 and PS3 lineup. :headscratch:

Krowley

Amir0x said:

Third Parties:

Elebits
Kojima Productions Game
Sonic Wild Fire

First Parties:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
Fire Emblem Wii

damn, to me that's a pretty awesome list for a launch system... There definitly weren't that many 360 games i wanted at it's launch and it dwarfs the number of ps3 games i'm interested in...

for the 360, the only games i knew about at launch that had me interested were perfect dark and oblivion.. and now it turns out that PD is not that great. There's tons of stuff now, but it's been out for a year.

For ps3 it's pretty much FF and MGS.. and both of those are off in the future about a year or so. there are some other potentially cool games, but they are new franchises and they don't generate much hype for me until i read reviews or at least impressions.

edit: and as for the DS... things looked pretty good for the future of the system when it launched, but the mario 64 remake was about the only thing released at launch that got any acclaim, and it didn't get much. With the wii, there are several launch games that are bound to get reviewed above 9 (metroid and zelda seem like locks to get AAA review scores based on the series history, and mario galaxy too if it happens to make launch)

Amir0x said:
OLOL That must be it yeah!

Thanks for informing me, without your piercing good eye I would never have known.

Now I've just seen the REAL lineup, and for some reason it's still getting fucking suplexed eighteen times by 360 and PS3 lineup. :headscratch:

At least now you've looked at the REAL lineup :p

So now we best agree to disagree. :)

Amir0x

Banned
Krowley said:
damn, to me that's a pretty awesome list for a launch system... There definitly weren't that many 360 games i wanted at it's launch and it dwarfs the number of ps3 games i'm interested in...

for the 360, the only games i knew about at launch that had me interested were perfect dark and oblivion.. and now it turns out that PD is not that great. There is tons of stuff now, but it's been out for a year.

For ps3 it's pretty much FF and MGS.. and both of those are off in the future about a year or so. there are some other potentially cool games, but they are new franchises and they don't generate much hype for me until i read reviews or at least impressions.

Too bad like half of those games aren't coming out for its launch. Kojima Productions game, Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl, Resident Evil, Fire Emblem Wii - none are launch games.

PS3 and 360 lists are just infinitely more varied and filled with big franchises. But, I realize, Wii is a system for Nintendo games... so at the end of the day, the price of admission will be worth it. It's just slightly disappointing that not much seems to be a slow change for third party support. Third parties make or break systems for me.

Krowley said:
and as for the DS... things looked pretty good for the future of the system when it launched, but the mario 64 remake was about the only thing released at launch that got any acclaim, and it didn't get much. With the wii, there are several launch games that are bound to get reviewed above 9 (metroid and zelda seem like locks to get AAA review scores based on the series history, and mario galaxy too if it happens to make launch)

Zelda is a Gamecube game. And Mario Galaxy isn't making launch.

Magicpaint said:
And now we must agree to disagree.

What's to disagree on? There's 150 some odd PS3 games announced, and over 200 for 360 (although that's a bit unfair - 360 has been out for a year), and PS3 and 360 both got fucking ENORMOUS franchises backing it up. Wii is doing its best under pressure of such a unique control scheme, but it's no comparrison.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I hope Nintendo gives IntSys a big budget for Fire Emblem, Nintendo really need a good RPG franchise and Fire Emblem rox so c'mon Nintendo give IntSys a big budget to make a fuck awesome FE.

Amir0x

Banned
Error2k4 said:
I hope Nintendo gives IntSys a big budget for Fire Emblem, Nintendo really need a good RPG franchise and Fire Emblem rox so c'mon Nintendo give IntSys a big budget to make a fuck awesome FE.

QFT. Unfortunately, it's such a niche genre... so it won't. Also the point of Wii is cheaper development, right, so I think they'd only use big budgets when they really need to (on something like Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Brawl, perhaps). At the very least, celshade that bitch to get closer in style to the cinematics and then create some GOOD animations.

Krowley

Amir0x said:
Too bad like half of those games aren't coming out for its launch. Kojima Productions game, Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros. Brawl, Resident Evil, Fire Emblem Wii - none are launch games.

PS3 and 360 lists are just infinitely more varied and filled with big franchises. But, I realize, Wii is a system for Nintendo games... so at the end of the day, the price of admission will be worth it. It's just slightly disappointing that not much seems to be a slow change for third party support. Third parties make or break systems for me.

Well i was counting games that i knew about at launch for those other systems too, but i guess it's just a matter of taste.. i tend to focus on exclusives above all else, so first party stuff is key to me. Unless it's something like oblivion, which is from a series that i really love, i tend to ignore multiplatform titles until they get reviewed and most of the third party stuff is multiplatform by default on the other two systems.

For the wii it seems like it's getting an oddly high number of exclusives, even though it's getting less overall support. I guess that's because it's positioned as an in-between system and the odd interface. things like sonic, elebits and red steel make the launch seem very interesting to me, simply because they are being designed as exclusive games.

whereas on 360 and ps3 there are things like brothers in arms that look awesome and probably will be good, but don't nessecarily make me want to buy the systems.

Amir0x said:
What's to disagree on? There's 150 some odd PS3 games announced, and over 200 for 360 (although that's a bit unfair - 360 has been out for a year), and PS3 and 360 both got fucking ENORMOUS franchises backing it up. Wii is doing its best under pressure of such a unique control scheme, but it's no comparrison.

Plenty. You're looking at quantity, I'm looking at potential titles that interest me, and in that regard, the Wii wins for me.

I'm looking at the line-up and I simply don't think it's weak, perhaps less titles, but what I see, I like. To me that's all that matters.

Amir0x

Banned
Magicpaint said:
Plenty. You're looking at quantity, I'm looking at potential titles that interest me, and in that regard, the Wii wins for me.

I'm looking at the line-up and I simply don't think it's weak, perhaps less titles, but what I see, I like. To me that's all that matters.

ah. So then it wasn't me who was looking at the wrong lineup, it was you who had your hand in the Nintendo cookiejar. Seems objectivity is on my side this day.

Side Note: I'm looking at potential quality, and there's way more on team X and Y.

Amir0x

Banned
Bud said:
Can someone do a list of X360 games or would that be too big since the system's already out?

a list of just upcoming games, or every game released so far PLUS upcoming games?

Anyway, I ain't doing it. I'm not doing another official thread type thing for a long, long time...

Top Bottom