• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney has been known to leak projects early

They recently had somebody leak the plans for a Walt Disney World expansion blueprint on a theme park website a few weeks ago taht started a big discussion. I think they do this stuff to generate hype and collect opinions from the target audiance.

If this game comes out it will be superior to both Mcgee's Alice and Kingdom Hearts and sell a trillion copies! I hope its an adventure platformer!

Most appropriate use of the word "epic" in a video game ever.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is cool with the game having a darker side to it, as long as it's handled tastefully (i.e. Mickey doesn't come out with guns blazing and there's all sorts of blood and violence). If you haven't watched some of Disney's classic movies in a while, they're full of gritty, depressing settings, even if they're usually reversed by the end of the movie.

AnticitizenOne said:
If this game comes out it will be superior to both Mcgee's Alice and Kingdom Hearts and sell a trillion copies! I hope its an adventure platformer!
This game makes a KH3 irrelevant.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Prime crotch said:
Nothing wrong with that unless the execution is inarguably bad, which has not been the case so far, and it's Warrren Spector.

So what if it is Warren Spector?

Mdk7

Never been a Disney fan, but fuck this is astonishing: it's not that i want it, i need it.

Too bad i'll never believe it will come out until i can go to a store and buy it off the shelf.

Jacobi said:
This looks cool, but I'm a bit sad it's for Wii
I don't get this mentality. Does it really matter if it's for Wii? Considering almost all of the "omg awesome" third party games come to the HD consoles, I don't think it's too much to throw Wii owners a bone here and there.

If you don't already have a Wii, there are plenty of games that are worth buying one for. The same applies for the other two consoles. I'm tired of everyone squabbling over exclusives. Deal with it and stop being such a fucking fanboy.

AniHawk

BowieZ said:
This is all part of the moral slippery slope Disney has slid down ever since becoming pro-gay.

I don't think a whole lot of people are gonna pick up on the sarcasm since you're a Junior Member.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Aaron Strife said:
I don't get this mentality. Does it really matter if it's for Wii? Considering almost all of the "omg awesome" third party games come to the HD consoles, I don't think it's too much to throw Wii owners a bone here and there.
I don't get this mentality. Why would anyone want a game to be on an inferior platform?

It's completely fine that it is, and I'll still by it, but there's no concievable reason anyone should want this on Wii. Unless you're a Disney shareholder.

HUELEN10

Sage00 said:
I don't get this mentality. Why would anyone want a game to be on an inferior platform?

It's completely fine that it is, and I'll still by it, but there's no concievable reason anyone should want this on Wii.
1. Wii may not have the horsepower the other current gens have, but that does not make it an inferior platform, especially considering the market share.

2. That being said, one of the main reasons why one would want this game to be on that platform would be the fact there there are simply more people to reach.

3. Another reason is controller. Maybe this game take advantage of freeehand, motion, or pointer control. We simple do not know ATM.

sfried

Sage00 said:
Depends on what you mean by "inferior". If you're going by the scale of horsepower/HD graphics, then by your standards, the PS2 is an inferior console, and games like Persona should've been released in it.

Seriously, trolls...:lol

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sage00 said:

It's completely fine that it is, and I'll still by it, but there's no concievable reason anyone should want this on Wii. Unless you're a Disney shareholder.

This post is so full of fail I'm not sure where to begin...

Sage00 said:

Sage00
Banned
(Today, 07:46 PM)
Reply | Quote

interesting.

Andrex said:
http://www.ibeatyou.com/competition/...492/dr-fumbles I feel like everyone at the end of this skit. Someone hold me.
It was always Fumbles.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

soldat7

SatelliteOfLove said:
That's what I was fishing for in my head to describe this: McGee's brand of faux mature "edginess". That's all this is.

2213mc.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Sage00 said:

Many people don't reason in terms of what's inferior/superior but what they care about or not. Additionally, they care about money and whether they own what's required to have access to the product or not.

If you like convenience (having only one system near your TV at all times), only own a Wii and can't afford another system (or aren't willing to buy one because you don't want to spend too much money), you should want to have a game that interests you on the Wii. Same goes for any other console.

Statements like "I wish this were on X platform" cause irritation mainly because of the phrasing and not so much the idea. I've been guilty of saying it myself on 1 or 2 occasions, and I was dumb. Really, what should be said is "you X owners are lucky bastards to have this game on your system" or something along those lines.

I know I bitch about some games not being on systems I own because I wish everything were available on every system.

[EDIT] Oh crap, he's banned. Oh well, I wanted to make that point anyway.

yoopoo said:
So whats the eta on this goofy game?
That reminds me of an old joke.

Mickey and Minnie Mouse go to see a marriage counselor.

The counselor asks "So Mr. Mouse, why do you want to divorce your wife?"

"Well," says Mickey, "it's because she's fucking goofy!"

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Holy shit, that robot corpse Goofy is terrifying. My inner child is freaking the fuck out right now.

Didn't he say that he wanted to surpass Super Mario Galaxy with this game? If he did say that, then I would of expected it on the Wii but that wouldn't change anything because the game will still be awesome.

Turfster

Those concept drawings are awesome.
Really looking forward to seeing more of this in the future.
In the mean time, new wallpaper get! ;)

AniHawk

Shadowlink said:
Didn't he say that he wanted to surpass Super Mario Galaxy with this game? If he did say that, then I would of expected it on the Wii but that wouldn't change anything because the game will still be awesome.

I think it's great that anyone's actually looking at SMG as a game to surpass.

pringles

I'm not usually one for getting excited over nothing but concept art, but this looks so fucking cool.
Hope we get a proper unveiling soon.

Syril

Vinci said:
The Epcot Center in that one pic is haunting. That's my favorite of this batch.

I wonder how obscure they're willing to go with this. I keep trying to think of what Figment would be like.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AniHawk said:
I think it's great that anyone's actually looking at SMG as a game to surpass.

I wanna say it's a shame that will never happen, but I don't want to be close-minded...

I will say this game has a huge, huge mountain if it even wants to be in the same league as Galaxy. Most here already know that though.

AniHawk

Andrex said:
I wanna say it's a shame that will never happen, but I don't want to be close-minded...

I will say this game has a huge, huge mountain if it even wants to be in the same league as Galaxy. Most here already know that though.

I think at the very least, SMG will be outdone by SMG2. It's not the perfect game everyone likes to think it is. All I ask is for less story and a better hub world/galaxy selection thing. They've already confirmed one of those and revealed much much more so I think it's on track.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AniHawk said:
I think at the very least, SMG will be outdone by SMG2. It's not the perfect game everyone likes to think it is. All I ask is for less story and a better hub world/galaxy selection thing. They've already confirmed one of those and revealed much much more so I think it's on track.

SMG2 also has a mountain to climb, but at the very least I don't think it'll end up being objectively worse than the original. The only thing it has going against it at the moment is that it won't invoke the same feeling of "new" as the first, although I do worry that the gaming media will portray it merely as an "expansion pack." Since I'm a huge fan of SMW, Yoshi's inclusion could already decide where it stands for me (your mileage may vary.)

D-Pad

Scrow said:
holy shit! is that a fucking narwhal?!

fuck yeah! narwhals!

http://futfanatico.com/Player_Ratings/Narwhal.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't see the resemblance.. ;[

Edit - Well I'll be... Never knew such a creature existed...

GDGF

Soothsayer
OK I am hoping against hope that this is still in production and still resembles the concept art. Disney please dont let me down. We've been through so much together.

Wag

Epic Mickey? Does this involve going to bars and dropping little white pills in people's drinks, cause by the name, it should...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom