• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conduit 2 for Wii.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
IGN preview on conduit2

they need to sort the AI out as if looks like the main enemy tactic is to head towards you and keep firing, they dont throw grenades back or seem to leave sentry posts, dive for cover etc.... hmm the more I see of how golden eye turned out compared to this the more I am losing hope...AI in goldeneye looks smart... plus the levels they are showing seems to be boxed in, I hope they improve the AI and the levels open up.

still hopeful, hmm funny wii went from FPS drought to a quite a lot coming out at once.

I know a lot of people are down on this game but Gametrailers has posted a couple videos so I thought I'd share. I was a big hater of the original and I think it looks like a decent upgrade.

China Level- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-china-conduit-2/709807
Level 1 Walkthrough - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/level-1-conduit-2/709805
Leviathon Boss Battle - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/boss-battle-conduit-2/709808
Multiplayer walkthrough - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-walkthrough-conduit-2/709806

I wouldve made a new thread, but again, people arent too crazy about this game. Feel free to volunteer if you like.

Rush2thestart said:
I know a lot of people are down on this game but Gametrailers has posted a couple videos so I thought I'd share. I was a big hater of the original and I think it looks like a decent upgrade.

China Level- http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-china-conduit-2/709807
Level 1 Walkthrough - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/level-1-conduit-2/709805
Leviathon Boss Battle - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/boss-battle-conduit-2/709808
Multiplayer walkthrough - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-walkthrough-conduit-2/709806

I wouldve made a new thread, but again, people arent too crazy about this game. Feel free to volunteer if you like.
never played the first one, but that China level does look somewhat interesting.

Hope its as good as Goldeneye.

The China level looks insanely impressive. Say what you want about High Voltage's character designs, but you can't deny that their tech allows them to pump out some extremely good-looking visuals at times.

Hiltz

I still remember the early previews for the first game which were quite positive. It was only after reviewers got a chance to play through the whole game did they realize how mediocre the game really was.

I really want to like Conduit 2 but remain skeptical until the reviews come out because it all comes down to the developer's track record. Like with the first game, the previews appear to be positive. Now reviewers know what to look for in terms of improvements and HVS has been given even more time to polish the game.

I just hope the sequel doesn't bring back the ghost mines and those really annoying small but fast aliens.

Hiltz said:
I still remember the early previews for the first game which were quite positive. It was only after reviewers got a chance to play through the whole game did they realize how mediocre the game really was.

I really want to like Conduit 2 but remain skeptical until the reviews come out because it all comes down to the developer's track record. Like with the first game, the previews appear to be positive. Now reviewers know what to look for in terms of improvements and HVS has been given even more time to polish the game.

I just hope the sequel doesn't bring back the ghost mines and those really annoying small but fast aliens.

The publications are actively saying its a significant improvement, and HVS has even acknowledged the flaws of the first game. I was listening to a Live playthrough with Destructoid and HVS and I was amazed how forward they were with Conduit 1's flaws. Seeing sequels to Assassins Creed, Red Steel, and Killzone being great games, I'd like to give HVS the benefit of the doubt.

Though of course, its best to wait. Oh and ghost mines were completely axed due to complaints (heard it on the Live stream).

antonz

They were really upfront the other day when livestreaming with destructoid. DOnt think you hear many developers openly admit the players had legit complaints and acknowledge how hard they are working to fix them.

Of course they were evil and teased the 3DS game :/

Hiltz

I only saw the first couple of minutes of that Destructoid stream since the developer's members were running late and got too sleepy to stay up any later. Yes, I do admire the developer's honesty and passion even though they are far from one of the best developers out there.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
nincompoop said:
The China level looks insanely impressive. Say what you want about High Voltage's character designs, but you can't deny that their tech allows them to pump out some extremely good-looking visuals at times.

That's how I've always felt. I do think the first game is pretty ugly most of the time and I dont like the company's art direction, but the actual engine they've got running is significantly more impressive than pretty much anything outside of what Nintendo's best titles push.

They've got a ton of shaders running on the Wii that other developers have failed at, and for that HVS get my respect.

HIGH VOLTAGE!!!!

You guys have 2 extra months to work more on the game. Add a party system, add a 2v2 playlist and polish the multiplayer graphics up a little more and there is absolutely no reason this game will be bought for both of my Wii's.

Seriously, there is absolutely no reason for this game not to have a party system in 2011.

PS: The china level looks really good and they should try to polish the whole games visuals up to at-least that level of detail. Having that level look so good and the multiplayer map of the same level look shoddy is not a good look.

Boerseun

Banned
Those videos above look great! I'm a fan of the first game and am looking forward to the sequel. Hopefully we also get some news on the Wii FPS version of The Grinder soon.

caligula13

Gold Member
looks good. i played the first till the end althought it wasn't as good as i wanted it to be.

maybe i will play this one till the end without forcing myself.

those video look very good. I hope multiplayer is improved vastly. Black ops was very well done and currently only good fps multiplayer for wii.

crazy monkey said:
those video look very good. I hope multiplayer is improved vastly. Black ops was very well done and currently only good fps multiplayer for wii.

I strongly disagree. Modern Warfare and Goldeneye are at the very least "good." Personally I enjoyed them a lot.

EatChildren said:
That's how I've always felt. I do think the first game is pretty ugly most of the time and I dont like the company's art direction, but the actual engine they've got running is significantly more impressive than pretty much anything outside of what Nintendo's best titles push.

They've got a ton of shaders running on the Wii that other developers have failed at, and for that HVS get my respect.

I agree with you but I think The Grinder has a pretty nice art direction. Speaking of which...

jufonuk said:
Cool still interested ni getitng this, wonder if the Grinder will still come out?

Apparently they mentioned it in a podcast and said they're still looking for a publisher. They will probably really focus on finding one after Conduit 2 is out.

Rush2thestart said:
I strongly disagree. Modern Warfare and Goldeneye are at the very least "good." Personally I enjoyed them a lot.

sorry i did not play modern warfare. Yes you are right both of them are also good. Golden eye had very unique environment and modes but levling up in golden eye was bitch. Long time.

Annoying Old Party Man said:
Environments look fantastic, but those character designs/animations. Such a pity, really.

The animation is motion captured.

I like the oil deck level better. I love the way the water looks in that stage. You can actually look down at it to see the waves and reflections.

That Singer Guy... said:
I agree, it looks really good.

Game looks quite good on a technical level, but stylistically speaking doesn't raise my eyebrows. Art design is key, which is why I think Metroid Prime (GC) still looks good while the Conduit looked dated very fast.

That being said, it still looks like a significant improvement in the visual department from the first one which I played fairly dilligently until I got bored with the uninspiring design and repetitive enemies.

Will wait for more impressions, but am cautiously optimistic the game could be decent.

Sega PR said:
Today we’re proud to bring you some brand new screens and new information from High Voltage Software’s upcoming first person shooter Conduit 2, exclusively for Wii. The game is now scheduled for release on April 19, 2011, which allows for the team to continue to balance and enhance the game’s multiplayer, one of the key features and focuses during the development of this ambitious sequel.

Conduit 2 features three main gameplay modes – Free-For-All, Team Deathmatch, and Team Objective – that cover not only the classic game types but also special variants with a uniquely Conduit-themed style. These modes offer players 14 different ways to experience the game, detailed below:

Deathmatch: First player to the kill limit in the time allowed wins!
ASE Ball: Longest time holding the ASE wins!
Bounty Hunter: Kill your assigned target for points or kill those hunting you for fun. But beware; killing someone who doesn’t fill those roles will cost you points!
Free for All CTF: Get to the flag and then carry it back to a random goal location. First to the scoring limit wins!
Team Deathmatch: First team to the kill limit in the time allowed wins!
Shared Stock: Teammates share a pool of lives while trying to get the highest kill count possible.
Capture the Flag: Each team tries to capture the ASE (flag) of the other. First team to the capture limit in the time allowed wins!
Killing Override: First team to the kill or capture limit wins!
Single Flag CTF: Teams fight over a single centrally-located ASE (flag). First team to the capture limit wins!
VIP: Fight to kill the randomly selected VIP on the opposing team. First team to the point limit wins!
ASE Basketball: Each team tries to capture a centrally-located ASE and then carry it into the enemy base. Toss or carry the ASE through the goal to score. First team to the point limit wins!
Balloon Battle: Lose balloons with every death. Gain balloons with kills. With no balloon, become a mini bomb! Last player alive wins!
Annexation: Teams fight for control over capture points. These totems award points over time. First team to the point limit wins!
Power Surge: Teams must defend their own generator while destroying the enemy’s when its shield is down. First team to destroy the generator or the team with the more intact generator wins!

Conduit 2 also allows total customization for players. Up to four different loadouts can be created per profile, each with a choice of Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Grenade Type and up to four Suit Upgrades. Players can also customize up to four different avatars, one for each profile, with 7 character models, over 20 modular parts and 16 primary and secondary color choices per character section.

Conduit 2 will be released for Wii on April 19, 2011.

ASE football is just ASE ball now? It's nice to see it's still there but it's a shame there is no indication of it being a team event now. It was definitely the most creative mode they came up with in the original but I think a team version would have made much more sense. Fortunately ASE basketball sounds about what I want. I assume the mode selection is a democratic affair like before. It would be nice if somebody besides myself voted for the more unique modes this time around. Marathon= 11 votes, ASE football= 1 vote, so frustrating -_-

Mael

Rush2thestart said:
The publications are actively saying its a significant improvement, and HVS has even acknowledged the flaws of the first game. I was listening to a Live playthrough with Destructoid and HVS and I was amazed how forward they were with Conduit 1's flaws. Seeing sequels to Assassins Creed, Red Steel, and Killzone being great games, I'd like to give HVS the benefit of the doubt.

Though of course, its best to wait. Oh and ghost mines were completely axed due to complaints (heard it on the Live stream).

Halleluia!
It's becoming harder and harder to totally ignore the game I guess....
Still can't help but like the enthusiasm behind the whole project...
Seriously if only they had better art direction....and they better fix the level design design and all.
I mean if they plan on making a Halo type game they better make sure that there's not only 1 way to face each encounter!

Chopper Dave said:
ASE Basketball: Each team tries to capture a centrally-located ASE and then carry it into the enemy base. Toss or carry the ASE through the goal to score. First team to the point limit wins!-

Fuuuuck! UT2003's Bombing Run is in Conduit 2 now? Might have to buy that game after all...

Conduit 2 Class System, Weapons & Character Customization
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceKz0mCUtM

Conduit 2 Horde Mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZb0rVXRjQ&feature=related

Conduit 2 Multiplayer from Datdude092
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfse_JneZxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SnsEsC5ypg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_nohnTGUE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKH6s6A2688&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPiPf-3OcFY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CkbrJJHkWY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUiLRTSMRvY&feature=related

Pretty much day 1 for my Wii especially if they add a party system.

Edit: Just looked through the thread and noticed the Collector edition hadn't been posted

5392266409_f850395e9c.jpg

Poyunch

The horde mode looks really sparse but I really just want to play team deathmatch with crazy guns so that's enough for me.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Not that I'm likely to buy it, but did they ever mention if this thing uses the Wii Speak accessory? Or, if not, then the headset thingie?

Or neither?

antonz

DavidDayton said:
Not that I'm likely to buy it, but did they ever mention if this thing uses the Wii Speak accessory? Or, if not, then the headset thingie?

Or neither?
As far as I know it uses that Wii headset. Nintendo when they decided to kill wiispeak removed authorization for devs to use it.

rpmurphy

antonz said:
As far as I know it uses that Wii headset. Nintendo when they decided to kill wiispeak removed authorization for devs to use it.
In the Livestream event with Destructoid, Nosfinger said they had to choose between the headset and Wii Speak, which is kinda different from what we've heard before.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I Like HVS, simply because they are humble & Enthusiastic about what they do. they take in feedback and (try to) improve their products (brackets for the case of failure), instead of throwing a hissy fit.

Poyunch

There's a set of multiplayer shots. The graphics don't look too hot due to the hit of online but whatever.

5416646462_cd54017f43_o.jpg

Streets doesn't seem to have any map design changes but the image doesn't show enough to confirm this. I still think that taking ques from the hackers by making the roofs playable would add more room to play while still keeping the small size.

i just watched the first 30 minutes of the game.
I'm sorry but this game might be okay for people that play Wii games only, but for multi consoles owners this game looks pre-xbox1.. Fucking Horrible. I'm not trolling in any way.. i think The Wii/ nintendo should step up and get the fuck with modern times. This is truelly getting emberrassing.

Props to the devs for trying to get the get the most out of the Wii but this feels like going back in time for at least ten years.. There are mobile phones now that can almost display these kind of games.

Sorry for beiing so harsh, but i'm ACTUALLY baffled by what i'm looking at here.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Always-honest said:
i just watched the first 30 minutes of the game.
I'm sorry but this game might be okay for people that play Wii games only, but for multi consoles owners this game looks pre-xbox1.. Fucking Horrible. I'm not trolling in any way.. i think The Wii/ nintendo should step up and get the fuck with modern times. This is truelly getting emberrassing.

Props to the devs for trying to get the get the most out of the Wii but this feels like going back in time for at least ten years.. There are mobile phones now that can almost display these kind o games.
I'm primarily an HD console gamer and I think this looks fine. It certainly looks better than Goldeneye which I'm playing now and am impressed with how good it looks for a Wii game.

RoboPlato said:
I'm primarily an HD console gamer and I think this looks fine. It certainly looks better than Goldeneye which I'm playing now and am impressed with how good it looks for a Wii game.
yeah, again, they seem to be really getting the most out of the wii for this kind of game.
But i think going more stylised is the way to go for Wii (Red Steel 2 instead of Red Steel 1).
I think galaxy looks really good (if you think away the jaggies). I even thought Black Ops had a decent Wii PORT. But more and more i'm feeling dissapointed that Nintendo isn't going HD right NOW. These games look especially bad on a HD screen.

You think it looks fine. And i want to be cool about it and say, "Okay, it looks fine".. But i think it looks terrible to be honest.

Top Bottom