• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Four Games are going multiplatform. (Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush)

Draugoth

Gold Member

Update: Games are:
Pentiment
Hi-Fi Rush
Grounded
Sea of Thieves

Xbox will make 4 (unnamed) titles available for PS and/or Switch. Worried about the impact on Xbox hardware? Phil Spencer tells me boosting games sales can help fund future hardware, including new form factors:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren

ZojUjDf.png

Xbox chief Phil Spencer doesn't rule out Starfield and Indiana Jones coming to PS5. "I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform.

Last edited:
Yet. It's a sinking ship and they don't want people to rush the lifeboats.

Spencer confirms that Starfield and Indiana Jones are not part of the first four games, but he doesn't rule out the possibility for these titles to arrive on PS5 in the future. "I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform," says Spencer in an interview with The Verge.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Two of the four are “community driven games”

And the other two “are smaller games that were never supposed to be platform exclusive”

Sounds like Hellblade 2.
Part 1 was multiplatform, so might as well continue that

So a single player cinematic experience game is the other community driven game like Sea of Thieves?

It’s either Grounded or Killer Instinct

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm on Xbox mute as I'm at work on a conference call.

So they didn't name the games? I thought going by skimming posts it's Hi Fi, Pentiment etc...

Nydius

Not coming, yet. Remember the Starfield rumor was that it wasn’t coming until after the Shattered Space DLC, which gives them wiggle room to say one thing today and then do something else later this year.

TheTony316

Not yet. From now on, every time a new first party game gets announced people will just asume it'll launch a year later on other systems and just wait. It already started with Blade.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Lmao they let all their users shills make shows of selling their Xboxes for this. I think I know why:

Now all those shills will buy new Xboxes

Dazraell

Two of the four are “community driven games”

And the other two “are smaller games that were never supposed to be platform exclusive”

Sounds like Hellblade 2.
Part 1 was multiplatform, so might as well continue that

I think this might be what they have on the roster:
- Sea of Thieves - live service game that depends on the community playing it, having it on other platforms make a lot of sense if they're thinking about expanding an audience to multiple platforms
- Grounded - survival game with lower scope that is based around co-op, already finished its life cycle and have potential to reach new players
- Pentiment - small adventure game which can especially do well among Switch players who play on handheld mode or PlayStation Portal users
- HI-FI Rush - well-acclaimed game that didn't made a huge splash commercially. Having it on multiple platforms can give it much more recognition and improve its sales performance

I wouldn't count for Starfield, but I think Avowed, Hellblade 2 and Indiana Jones may have a big chance for releasing on PS5 in 2025

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think this might be what they have on the roster:
- Sea of Thieves - live service game that depends on the community playing it, having it on other platforms make a lot of sense if they're thinking about expanding an audience to multiple platforms
- Grounded - survival game with lower scope that is based around co-op, already finished its life cycle and have potential to reach new players
- Pentiment - small adventure game which can especially do well among Switch players who play on handheld mode or PlayStation Portal users
- HI-FI Rush - well-acclaimed game that didn't made a huge splash commercially. Having it on multiple platforms can give it much more recognition and improve its sales performance

I wouldn't count for Starfield, but I think Avowed, Hellblade 2 and Indiana Jones may have a big chance for releasing on PS5 in 2025

Its those 4 games I think, 100%

Well Phil did say this: “don’t want to rule out a game coming to any other platforms […] currently focused on 4 games". Full quote via The Verge:

You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren't part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?
I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We're focused on these four games and learning from the experience.
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming, that's not the plan today. I also don't want to mislead customers on those other platforms. We're launching these four games, and we're excited about it. We're excited about the announce and everything else, but we'll see what happens for our business.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
These are the trial balloons and the constantly mentioned re-evaluating the strategy and their developers wanting their games in as many hands as possible. They also referenced the "only four" as being over a year old so that kind of paints a picture of what is to come.

NEbeast

Yet. It's a sinking ship and they don't want people to rush the lifeboats.
I love that the typical warriors are ignoring the full context. He doesn't out right say more games, including Starfield, are never coming. They're talking around the question without really answering it. We do know day 1 is still staying for gamepass at least .

Last edited:

SHA

Xbox and Windows relationship reminds me of Baki and Yujiro fight, complex, dangerous, deadly literary outside of Baki and his oldman Yujiro, watch the fight and you'll get what I mean.

Top Bottom