• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor McGregor In Custody, Will Be Charged With Assault For Rampage At UFC Press Event 4/5/18

TrainedRage

Banned
https://deadspin.com/conor-mcgregor-in-custody-will-be-charged-with-assault-1825035215

"After crashing today’s UFC 223 press event in Brooklyn—throwing a barricade, injuring multiple fighters, and sparking a huge damn mess—Conor McGregor is reportedly in custody and is expected to be charged with assault."

"Two fights have been canceled due to injuries that came from McGregor’s frenzy: Michael Chiesa-Anthony Pettis, as Chiesa suffered forehead lacerations, and Ray Borg-Brandon Moreno, since Borg got a shard of glass in his eye. UFC has also pulled Arteem Lobov, who is a teammate of McGregor’s and accompanied him here, from his previously scheduled fight with Alex Caceres."

Is this his heel turn entrance to the WWE? WTF was he thinking? Drugs?

Even with his hatred of wrestling, Conor McGregor NEEDS to sign with WWE. He would be a great heel.

Another MMA fighter I feel would have had potential as a pro wrestler is Chris Leben. He might not have the best win loss record, but he is incredibly charismatic and entertaining. I remember watching the first season of Ultimate Fighter and thinking "Wow, this guy is a smug, obnoxious douchebag." He would get insane heat as a top heel in WWE just with his natural personality.

God Enel

"..and Ray Borg-Brandon Moreno, since Borg got a shard of glass in his eye.

What the fuck? This reads like some serious shit. My uncle got a piece of wood in his eye and since then he's blind on that eye. Hopefully it isn't as bad.

Otherwise fuck Mcgregor. Never was a fan of him.

That's what I thought. Tens of other fighters and security guards around and they didn't restrain him? They just let him get on with it.
The police have arrested and charged him - how could anyone possibly think it's still a stunt lol

As for your question, security guards aren't supposed to restrain anyone (citizens arrest is usually the very last resort), and I assume the fighters on the bus didn't want to get involved and jeopardize their UFC future the way McGregor did.

NickFire

This guy has to be as dumb as a box of rocks. If he wanted to fight so bad its not like he doesn't have options to get paid doing it. As for WWE, I am not sure they would touch him right now. Vince loves his free publicity but ever since they went public they seem to be a much more reserved company, and Vince does not like people who go off script. Would tear the room off the house if he showed up though. And if CM Punk came back to grapple with him that would be insane.

Shifty

Quick left, gimme yer barricade.

Jokes aside, what was he thinking? Taking a punch to the face in the octagon is one thing but getting glass to the eye outside of it is quite another.

Last edited:
Top Bottom